cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do buyers even look at the pictures anymore?

Just got a refund request for an item - not jewelry - a small mirror tray.  On the last picture shows the vanity tray with a ruler beside it.  The request "doesn't match description -way tooo small."  Once I get the item back I have no problem refunding the buyer but really!!! Don't buyers look at the pictures!.  Since this is a mirror hopefully it will come back in one piece.  Just thought I would vent.  I rarely get a request for a refund and item not pricy just shaking my head on this one.   

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Do buyers even look at the pictures anymore?

no they don't read, they don't look at pictures, honestly I don't know how they decide what to buy
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Unfortunately..that`s correct..seems like they don`t read nor view all the photos. 

Only thing else you could have done here was have the actual dimensions in the listing. 

Hopefully it comes back intact 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

I totally agree with ^^^^^^ some don't read and they don't look at all the pictures.  Not all buyers, but there are some ... sorry you ran into one.    

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

I agree about the lack of attention some buyers pay to the photos and descriptons. I can't say it makes any difference but I put in both written measurements and a comparison object in one of the photos. I usually use coins but at some point I had something so small that I used a Hershey's Kiss next to it.

I've noticed that a few sellers (not referring to anyone here) use a ruler but simply putting it randomly alongside the listed item. I suppose I'm easily confused but seeing the ruler placed in mid-measurement doesn't help me much. If the item starts at the beginning of the ruler (e.g., the -0- point) it makes more sense to my feeble brain. 'Dumbing down' has become a big feature in books and newspapers, and I think sellers need to remember that some prospective buyers might not be the sharpest tacks in the box. Or perhaps they're shopping in the wee hours and aren't totally alert. (Too late for me to try being nice ... I too am frustrated by having to write idiot-proof descriptions.)

A.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I have gotten to the point that I write the description as if I were trying to talk to a hyper 3 year old. If it can't be read in 30 seconds or less, the buyer is lost and they try to blame you even if all of the info is in the listing. Had a return once for a Verdome necklace because it was missing a strand. Nevermind that the listing had in bold and seperated from the rest "is missing a strand of beads".
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

I agree with everything everyone has said here.

I'm also wondering if the fact that you sometimes need to click on "read description" or "read rest of description" I'm not quite sure how's it's worded has something to do with it-people can't be bothered. Especially if they're on their phone browsing at a stop light....and they just click and buy without any thought

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Yepper...another one of Ebays new & improved (not) ideas!  Smiley Mad 

In many cases, you have to click something to read the full description

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

I would bet that many of them are using their cell phones to browse Ebay and don't want to be bothered to read descriptions on those little bitty screens. Laziness, mostly.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@vernon1959 wrote:

I agree with everything everyone has said here.

I'm also wondering if the fact that you sometimes need to click on "read description" or "read rest of description" I'm not quite sure how's it's worded has something to do with it-people can't be bothered. Especially if they're on their phone browsing at a stop light....and they just click and buy without any thought

The reason you get this message on some listings is the http vs https issue.  If the seller is using a non-secured site to post their pictures it throws the listing in some eBay sponsored loop.  So it has to do with an eBay security issue.  Some part of their listing is being hosted on a non-secured site. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Thank you so much for being so nice and holding my hand.  Didn't thin about with small phone screens pictures are hard to see.    I do feel better with this board's support.  

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

In the auctions I've been doing recently, I've been writing PLEASE SEE DETAILS in the Condition line.  

On a similar note, I sometimes have the devil's own time reading a seller's feedback from my tablet. Ebay takes it upon itself to use the dumbed down version of the site, and it can be a royal pain to get at all the information.  Some newbies may not even realize the rest of the description and info are even there. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

I don't look at photos which look like they were taken underwater or descriptions which leave out the length, size of beads etc. I just don't buy...and there are plenty of those. Many don't know what they're selling so it's made up as they go!
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I don't look at photos that look like they were taken underwater, leave out measurements like length, size of beads...duh...or my favorite taking photos using a paper towel as the background...really?

My solution is not to buy from them...so you sellers out there (not all) trade your brownie camera in!

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@evelyb30 wrote:

In the auctions I've been doing recently, I've been writing PLEASE SEE DETAILS in the Condition line.  

On a similar note, I sometimes have the devil's own time reading a seller's feedback from my tablet. Ebay takes it upon itself to use the dumbed down version of the site, and it can be a royal pain to get at all the information.  Some newbies may not even realize the rest of the description and info are even there. 

I've noticed many sellers putting the words PLEASE READ in their titles. It is because buyers do not read.

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 15 of 25
latest reply