cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opal and 14kt yellow gold closure pieces? Help

Found this at auction last night, listed it,, not looking for bids, but your help would be appreciated.  It is a tongue closure but is there another set of words I can use.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Box clasp?

flotsamlogo
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Yup, I agree with BlueD. Could be very useful for someone who's stringing pearls/drilled opals/other beads for a scrumptious necklace. It's really nice!

A.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thank you Blue and thank you for the confirmation, I do appreciate it.  I may have over priced it,,,just because I like it...lol

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I think your price is on target for a sale, or maybe even low for the actual value of both the gold and the stone (which looks very nice). Do you have a weight on it? Is it possible to post a larger file, especially for the opal? What are the measurements for the stone? I'd personally like a closer look at it. And that info and additional photos could help sell the piece.

(Enquiring minds...)

A.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

So before I could change the title I had a bid,,,ugh,,,anyway.  The opal is about 1/2" in length, the clasp weighs between 2 and 3 grams,,,

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Wow -- somebody knows they've found a bargain! I hope (!!!) others find your listing and bid up the price.

A.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

**bleep** I take it I screwed this one up...ugh

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Very nice!

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I hate I missed out on it, I bid, but hubby and I went out to check the weather and I didn't get to snipe it. Hope the result is close to what you wished for!

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Well the problem was is that I did not educate myself prior to listing it and I did not list it long enough.  Lesson learned for sure, although I did not spend a lot of money for it, so while not thrilled I am happy with the amount.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Totally - I salvage clasps and stones all the time to reuse in repairs.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply