cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with Rapallo Jewelry?

I have been to the usual sites but there is little if no information. I have this Christmas tree brooch with what seems to be real pearls. The only other thing research has brought me, is that someone sold a brooch listed with cultured pearls.  Hoping to pick someone's brain for more info....Thanks 🙂

Christmas Ebay November listings 061.jpg

Christmas Ebay November listings 055.jpg

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Anyone familiar with Rapallo Jewelry?

I am fairly certain based on the image that the first letter is an F or a P.

Can you put a piece of paper over the mark and rub the surface with a pencil?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

old.crows.nest wrote:

I am fairly certain based on the image that the first letter is an F or a P.

Can you put a piece of paper over the mark and rub the surface with a pencil?

I decided to google Rapallo and found one match for "Jewels by Rapallo which lead me to search ebay for same and had quite a few hits claiming Italian Designer. And then there was a pair of shoes Made in the USA with a siggy close to yours  Smiley Frustrated

Jewels by Rapallo ebay search

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You might want to check out Pastelli. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks gals,,,

Sandy, I am sure it reads Rapallo I first thought RapEllo,,,but thanks

OCN, Yep that's about all the info I gleaned also. Someplace aka a town in Italy is named Rapallo also..and I seen the clothing line. Looking under "Jewels by Rapallo" does not give me much either. I seen that set and I think the one I saw listed as cultured pearls was at betsy's place?? They sure feel gritty to the teeth. I guess I'm just confused as to why they would put "cultured pearls" in such a simple setting??

Is there a patent place for Italian makers like the USA has??

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Oh Sandy ,,,don't know if you are still saving them or not but here's a texture for you if ya want it??

The only other thing that could possibly be a mark is on the bottom , but I don't think so

Christmas Ebay November listings 153.jpg

Thanks again, off to review the clothing line see if I can get more info from there??

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I always search too. There could be an off chance I might be given different results from someone else 🙂

One thing I noticed is that there are two Rapallo Marks, both are on the Shoes and Jewelery: The all BLOCK letters one at RCJ and the Script one.

This lead me to believe that it was a line of Accessories (maybe from the 70s) which was sold at a retailer like Macy's.

Strange all that comes up with those Marks are Shoes and Brooches Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 7
latest reply