cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

SPRING HAS SPRUNG ... for some of us.

flipping_treasures_0-1648851107363.jpeg

Come in, smell the flowers and chat with us.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Re: APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

You and your husband have been adpted.

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 46 of 110
latest reply

He seems so friendly and very cute!

Message 47 of 110
latest reply

How great that he has returned.  It looks like you all get along.  Just keep bananas on hand.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 48 of 110
latest reply

Sandy, warmer today, tomrrow and Saturday but then back down in the high 50's, low 60's. I'm hoping I can have an hour after work to clean out and re-seed some of my outdoor flower pots, we're supposed to get some rain overnite tonite and I'd like the seeds to get started already lmao

Oh! The bun is back! Such a sweetie!!! I'll agree with Larry, you've been adopted!

I can't remember if I posted about it, but the trial for the guy that was driving the four wheeler when my stepmother passed started on Monday. It ended yesterday at noon, and thankfully, he was found not guilty on all charges. My Dad, my Baby Bro and my Stepgrandpa all told the state's attorney they wanted no charges filed and no tickets given and they went ahead and did it anyway. Sigh. I'm glad it's over and the stress for my Dad is gone, he surely didn't need to be sitting in a courtroom anymore! It was a tragic accident, but nothing more than that. I'm sure there are some who feel he should have went away for a long time, but, as for me, I'm just glad it's over.

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 49 of 110
latest reply

Hello from the hinterlands!  I'm in a state of shock to be here this evening. It's the first time I haven't been told that I was forbidden to enter.

Things here are about as "ok" as is reasonable to expect less than a month out. Got stacks of papers to sift through just to figure out which end is up (and *why*). In addition to locating legal documents for his son, I'm looking for other records for myself. W and I were supposed to go on a cruise to Alaska in June, and he told me many times that if he couldn't go that he wanted me to go anyway. I didn't want to go without him, so we agreed that I'd take a refund and go some other time.  He told me several times over the last two years that the tickets were paid for and that we could get a full refund for them if he couldn't go this year -- a rare situation brought on by Covid and having had the trip cancelled twice already because of it. However, as of Monday afternoon the cruise line says they have no record of the tickets being paid for. So..... I'm still sifting thru papers in hopes of finding the charges on a credit card or bank statement. High stakes but low probability of success. Yee-ha...

My daughter's baby shower is at the end of next month. My sister is flying here to meet me and we're going to drive up. I warned her that if she signed on for the road trip she'd have to put up with my perpetual search for interesting rocks. She said she thought it would be fun. I think it'll be a good trip, tho I haven't been on a road trip with anyone but W in years.

I'm just coming out of a huge RA flare. Been lying around a lot in between flurries of paper shuffling. I'm not used to enforced rest but I guess I needed it. I seem to have used up an entire year's energy in just a couple of short months. Having the kitties gathered around me has been comforting. We nap well together.

Imagine this: I don't have enough energy to make one of my neverending posts.

A.

Message 50 of 110
latest reply

Morning Sunshine!   Happy to see you be able to get in here & post. 

Board still acting wonky...everytime I just read a post or actually comment..I then have to X out & come back to get the main page back up. 

Yesterday  I wasn`t able to add any smilies..& I know dream kept having problems posting too.   Wish they`d get their act together! 

I hope you can soon be out from under all the paperwork..never having had to go thru that..I can`t imagine the frustration. 

Be sure & take care of yourself during the process, tho..that`s the most important thing! 

Short n sweet..my bunny buddy is back this morning...he already had his banana half  lol.  Is funny...when he`s finished..he`s finished.  He`s under his bush..takin life easy now

Lord..please let this be a HE

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 51 of 110
latest reply

Good to see you.  Yeah going through all the paperwork is a pain.  The road trip sounds like fun.

ROTFLMAO at .... Please God let this be a HE.

Life at the camper is going well.  But now the major project of going through the house starts.  Not looking forward to that.

Message 52 of 110
latest reply

For sure mi casa is HIS casa. 

He shot to the back steps when I stepped out..had to go back in & get rest of his nana (which meant placing another wallyworld order, as he ate the last one!)  LOL   I swear he was gonna climb in my lap!  I`m not quite ready for that!  

I hate to tell him..but he ain`t gonna like me mowin & trimming here shortly! But has to be done! He needs to find a hidy place

DSCN9787-Edited.jpg

I imagine ya`ll are gettin so very eager to hit the road, Sandy!   That sounds like one of the times I would really wanna be like Jeannie & blink thinks all done!  LOL

Message 53 of 110
latest reply

I really enjoy seeing pictures of the bunny. Pretty soon, he's going to hop right into your house.

Message 54 of 110
latest reply

Pretty soon, he's going to hop right into your house.

LOL  I have a strong feeling he would for sure come right on in..given half a chance!  

He`s not afraid of the trimmer or mower to the point that he ran off,,he just moved outta the way to shady spots.    But I have one more section to do and he`s laid claim to it!  LOL  Not gonna aim the mower toward him..if I don`t get it today...there`s always tomorrow.  

I told the gal that delivered my grocery order (she`s a regular with me)  why I had to place an order.. primarily for his majestie`s nanners!    She got a kick out of it!   She took his picture

Message 55 of 110
latest reply

I can't wait for you to tell us the bun hopped right into the house! I'm betting he's been a house rabbit at some point!!

Oh the paperwork, the awful awful awful paperwork! Good luck with it, Thirry!

Sandy, I'm sure you are itching to get on the road, I would be, if I were you!!!

It's hot here today! Almost 80, but we've got storms moving in today and tomorrow and the temps will be dropping back down into the 60's...still no topless Jeep rides, or half topless even, with the threat of rain!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 56 of 110
latest reply

I feel like a proud mama..camera at the ready!  LOL

Maybe if I keep him..I`ll name him Shakespeare..that`s what his 'collar' reminds me of! 

DSCN9791-Edited.jpg

Message 57 of 110
latest reply

One of our cats just waltzed in, he wanted to be in the house because he was being bullied outside.

Message 58 of 110
latest reply

Sorry you have bullies in the neighborhood.

Message 59 of 110
latest reply

Bunny  went home (for now  lol)   

He`s been here all day since this morning.   I happened to look out window to see if he`d gone back under his shady bush at the side of the house & saw a young Hispanic girl  about 15/16 walking toward him. & talking to him  

I stepped out  back & asked if it was her bunny..she said yes.    He wasn`t  quite ready to go home tho. 

He`d just finished scarfing down his banana half..otherwise  it would have been easy to catch him with a nanner

He went back over to the church`s carport where their bus is..its cool & shady there.  The  he decided to go into some shrubs..but mama persevered.  

Took awhile but she got her hands on him to pick him up.  He got down once & she got him right up again..they live just around the corner, I guess..I told her I had a pet carrier she could use to get him home..I was afraid he`d jump out of her arms again &  get hit by car.

I asked if she had a cage for it & she said yes. I asked how it got out..she kinda grinned & said she let it out sometimes. 

I then asked what it`s name is..It`s  name is Sierra and

HE is a SHE!    LOLOLOL   

But I told her if she got out again..she knew where to look.  

She`ll be back (for sure unless they give her nanners & apples!  LOL  I might have created a nanner monster
Message 60 of 110
latest reply