cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

SPRING HAS SPRUNG ... for some of us.

flipping_treasures_0-1648851107363.jpeg

Come in, smell the flowers and chat with us.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

That is fantastic scifi!!  Sounds like you really got it goin on..am so happy for you!!

Hotter than a pepper sprout here too..but had some rain last nite so has cooled down considerably..74 right now..brrrrrr!  LOL 

I be canning up a storm..week before last week canned pulled pork &  some more potatoes.  Still need to do more fries

Last week I did 10 qts of French Onion Soup & 13 jars of Strawberry Sundae Sauce.

Just finished canning 11 jars of Mint Tea concentrate today..I did a mix of spearmint & peppermint together. It`s yummy!!  I`ll have at least 1 more canning later on. 

Stores should have corn on ad this week..so hope to get some to put in freezer both on cob & cut off for freezer.  I will never can it again..lol I`ll do without first! YUCK!! . 

Will have to buy green beans & tomatoes to can as the high temps ruined those for sure..even tho I made a shade over the tomatoes..just was too hot  for too long & at the wrong time.  Many here have already plowed their gardens under. ☹️

I  still get people asking why in the world am I doing this  lol..answer is simple..

I pay attention to what`s happening ALL OVER..not just here..I understand how the farm to table time frame works...and if farmers are having to give up  now...is not gonna be good several months down the road when this years crops  should be in the stores.  I know that a lot (not all) but a lot of what is in stores now was produced last year..if it`s not gonna be produced this year for next year...not so good.  Course combined with many other factors.... just 1 big mess!  

I always remember the time many years ago..was poor enough... what I had to eat was cornflakes with water.  Those hard times keep me motivated now! 😁 

Now I got some things to get vacuum sealed up..so back to work!  Have a good un! 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 106 of 110
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

Kinda looks like liquid gold  lol

DSCN9808-Edited.jpg

Message 107 of 110
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

You are amazing Sarah.  I understand exactly what you are saying.  Took a ride out in the country the other day.  Being an ole Iowa gal there was a saying about the corn being knee high by the 4th of July.  I passed field after field of corn that was so burnt, they won't be producing this year.  The weather change is really going to raise havoc with the food supply.   

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 108 of 110
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

Yepper..in all my  many years of gardening..this is the first time ever  I will not have a ripe mater by July 4.

Just canned 4 pints of Bread & Butter pickles...looks like that`s the way the cukes come on..just a few at a time..which is good.  Easier on me!  LOL 

I bet, you are gettin super excited about your upcoming road trip, Sandy!  I can hardly wait to see what ya`ll get up to & what you find! 

Message 109 of 110
latest reply

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

Yes.  The road trip is going to be great.  We have the whole trip planned and the reservations made.

Got a hitch put on my Blazer and found the most interesting rack for the back.  

flipping_treasures_2-1656606941587.jpeg

It holds two of our electric bikes and the third one fits in the back of the Blazer folded up.  The great thing is that once we are at the site we can unhook it from the back and set it up as a worktable by the blackstone.  Then the hitch part will hold my sun umbrella!  It's the bomb!

We will be spending the month right outside of Eureka Springs, AR.  I love that area.  John says there is a huge antique mall right down the street.  😉

Message 110 of 110
latest reply