cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

2014-04-18-One-Last-Jab

Whether you are digging in your garden or digging out your drive way ... the SPRING CHAT is here!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

Re: APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

Yup. There are bunches of blooms -- can't believe how many!

Message 31 of 117
latest reply

I am patiently tapping my foot till Wed the 18th so I can plant & sow all my babies! 

Maters, cukes, beans & peppers 

Cat Very Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 32 of 117
latest reply

Oh my!!!  Just got home from ton to find a big ole box waiting for me!!  I knew I didn`t have anything that big coming...

My stepson & his wife sent me a Ultra 60 Instant Pot!!  What a surprise!!!  I can hardly wait to give it a try!!  (once I read the manual  lol)   It`s a 10 in One   6qt.  

DSCN1361.JPG

Message 33 of 117
latest reply

Way cool.  I love my pressure cooker/slow cooker.  

I just got me an air fryer.  I really like it.  Did zucchini in it yesterday and they were delicious.  I bought them in the frozen section all pre-breaded.  Today I'm going to try brussel sprouts with a little olive oil breaded in garlic bread crumbs from scratch and see how they turn out.  

I'm not sure about that April 19th date.  You might want to hold off for another week.  My BFF lives in Nebraska right over the river from Sioux City and they are getting some ugly stuff out of this current storm.  We got down pours last night with lots of wind.  So it's headed your way.  Hopefully it will go north of you, but who knows.  Crazy weather for sure.  

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 34 of 117
latest reply

We`re supposed to have rain & possible storms tomorrow..then clear sailing rest of week!  (hope they are correct)

Heard from B4B..they were expecting 12" of snow last nite I think!!   UGH!!!!!  I`d never survive living back in a snowy area  lol

I read lots of good online on the air fryers..perhaps that will be my next kitchen toy. Cat Very Happy 

Message 35 of 117
latest reply

I've been getting emergency weather alerts all last night and today -- predicting flash floods, severe thunderstorns, tornados and everything in between. There's a service here I'm signed up for that sends text and email alerts about weather conditions. Rain started at about 2pm and was really mild. Had a heavy shower at around 5pm, some mild thunder & lightning. Weather wizard were also predicting very low temps (at least low for New Orleans) but it's probably been in the low to mid-70s. All that excitement for not much of anything!

I love my crock pot! I've had several over the years. The one I liked best had a removable ceramic pot that could be taken out of the case and put in the refrigerator. I've never had any kind of fryer other than an electric skillet years ago. Who know what happened to it! My mother used to cook chicken in hers and it was soooooo good. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Message 36 of 117
latest reply

Sarah,  I have two pressure cookers and I love them.  I have a small one (the mini instant pot) and a larger Nesco.  We love to make boiled eggs because they can be peeled.

Message 37 of 117
latest reply

Yuck on the weather!  Stay safe.  

Waves at Peach.

Sarah, tell B4B to stop in and say hi once in a while.

Getting ready to take Shelby to Fiesta in San Antonio This week end.  Never been and always wanted to go.  Her other grandmother lives there so we are going with her.  Should be fun!

Message 38 of 117
latest reply

Well..I did not blow anything up today!  LOL

Just did some Country Style Ribs...sauted/browned them first..then they pressure cooked for 35 min & about 30 minutes to de-pressurize.

Gonna slather some more sauce on & pop under the broiler.  They`re so fall off the bone tender now..dunno if I can broil both sides or not  without them falling all to pcs!  lol 

Soon  as I clean the pot (note to self to buy an extra pot) gonna steam some corn on the cob.

I think I am already in love with this new toy! Cat Very Happy

DSCN1378.JPG

Message 39 of 117
latest reply

Mmmmmmmm those ribs look YUM! Haven't eaten dinner yet. Can I come over?

Sandy, while you're in San Antonio, see if you can get a look at the Cenotaph (it's there somewhere...). On one of the sides there's a statue of a man named James Butler Bonham.  He was my great-great-great-great~~~~uncle from my mother's side of the family. James had no children so there are no descendants, but the family has continued to flourish. My great-grandmother was Alice Maude Bonham before she married my great-grandfather. Bonham is my brother's middle name and my son's middle name. We're pretty proud to be related to him because of his heroism in riding out of the Alamo through enemy lines to try and get Sam Houston to bring troops to relieve the garrison. Houston turned him down flat. JBB rode back through Mexican lines to take the bad news back to his buddies at the mission. As we know, unfortunately, the situation never improved and they all died there on March 6, 1836.

I've never been to San Antonio, but have always wanted to go. My parents and I went to a wedding in Dallas when I was in the 4th grade, and we took a detour to north Texas to a little town of Bonham which was named for JBB. Bonham, TX is also the location of a major maker of gasoline pumps -- used to make me smile a little to see their logo when I was pumping gas.

Message 40 of 117
latest reply

YUMMMMMMM Sarah!  Glad you like your new toy!

Thirry, I've been to San Antonio quite a few times.  And I have seen the Cenotaph quite a few times.  It sits right in the Alamo's Plaza.  It is a great piece.  I have just never been to Fiesta.  It looks like I better keep an unbrella close.  If we get down to the Plaza I'll look for James Butler Bonham, since I now know a relative!  

Message 41 of 117
latest reply

Sandy, tell us about Fiesta. I don't think I've heard of it before.

Message 42 of 117
latest reply

Fiesta...was great!  Live music, by live bands every block, food vendors, local artisans, bright cheery colors, and shopping!  What could be better.  Two grandmas and one granddaughter , fun time was had by all!

Shelby and her other grandmotherShelby and her other grandmotherShelby and meShelby and me                                                                                                                                                                                 

Message 43 of 117
latest reply

You three are looking might fine! I'm glad you had fun at the Fiesta -- I was thinking of you and wondering how you were enjoying it. Nice weekend 🙂

Message 44 of 117
latest reply

Went out for Chinese with my friend tonight and got a chuckle from the menu. It was divided up into categories like beef, vegetables, seafood and so forth. For the avian selections, their category was labeled "Foul."

Wish I'd had a camera with me.

Message 45 of 117
latest reply