cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

2014-04-18-One-Last-Jab

Whether you are digging in your garden or digging out your drive way ... the SPRING CHAT is here!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

Re: APRIL - MAY - JUNE CHAT

@1940fc wrote:

Sandy.. I was just watching Antiques Roadshow & thought of you when an ad came on for 

Sex, Lies & Butterflies   Wed  at 8pm  PBS. 

Looks like an interesting program 

WOW, sounds like my kind of show!  I'll have to check it out.

Thirry, Chuck and I went to New Orleans before Katrina.  I'm so glad we did.  It is a wonderful unique place.  I love your lights.

Went to the YMCA today.  I really love their therapy pool and the Twinges in the Hinges program.  There are a few more pool programs I'm going to be checking out.  Heck, I might even make it up to the second floor where all the machines are!  LOL

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 16 of 117
latest reply

Hope everyone is doing great this April!

Sales have been a bit slow for March, but it seems like its a seasonal thing, the price of gold fluctuating so much and the new Spring 2018 patch. 

How have you guys and gals been selling the past month?

Message 17 of 117
latest reply

YIPPEEEE!!!   I finally be 

G R E E N   

1940fc ( Feedback Score Of 5000Green star icon for feedback score in between 5,000 to 9,999

Cat Very Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 18 of 117
latest reply

Tonite`s supper...

Meatball Sub Casserole

Hoping it`s good as I`m taking to a covered dish  dinner at church next door. They`re gonna be taste testers tonite.

DSCN1327.JPG

Message 19 of 117
latest reply

Congratulations Miss Green Star!!!

Message 20 of 117
latest reply

Tankee!!!!  Cat Happy 

Doesn`t take much to make me happy!  LOL 

Message 21 of 117
latest reply

Congrats Sarah!  Green looks great on you!

My March sales have been surprisingly good.  "Normally" sales in March slow way down for me.

Message 22 of 117
latest reply

Thank ya!

BTW..the casserole is deeeeelish!!!!   I highly advise making it. 😋

Meatball Sub Casserole

French Bread Loaf   (Cut into 1" slices)

Softened Butter

1/2 tsp Garlic Salt  (use the Salt..not the powder)

8 oz Softened Cream Cheese

2 Tbsp Mayo

1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning

1 1/2 lb Frozen Meatballs (reg or Italian is fine)   Allow to thaw & cut in half

32 oz Spaghetti Sauce  (Your favorite flavor is fine)

4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Spray 9 x 13 pan & set aside

Pre-heat oven broiler

Spread bread slices with softened butter & place on cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt & broil just till golden brown

Turn oven down to 350

Place bread slices butter-toasted side up in prepared baking pan,  covering entire bottom. You might have to cut slices for coverage.

In medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, mayo, & Italian Seasoning, using mixer.  Blend till smooth & creamy scraping sides of bowl occasionally.   Using a spatula, spread over bread slices.

Scatter meatballs on top of cheese mixture...cut side down

Pour Spaghetti Sauce over all

Top with Mozzarella cheese

Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes till bubbly & cheese is melted!  Enjoy! 

Note:  I always place  a cookie sheet beneath whatever you are baking to avoid spills & over-browning on bottom

Message 23 of 117
latest reply

My heart is broken...my stepfather passed away on March 27 from cancer. My momma seems to be doing fairly well, so that's a load off of my shoulders. He'll be so very very missed.

My mom married him when I was 19, but he was awesome from the start. (this is going to get complicated, so bear with me! HAHA) His brother is married to the (late) sister of my husband. My husband grew up with his cousin and naturally started called my stepdad uncle from a very young age. When mom and stepdad got married, he started calling my mom, aunt. So when hubby and I got together and decided to get married he started calling them Aunt Mom and Uncle Dad (and the xmas and b'day cards were always signed Aunt Mom and Uncle Dad! HAHA). I'm found of saying, only in Pike County can you marry your cousins cousin :). So hubby and his cousin are having a hard time with this as well cuz they were always very close (stepdad was only 12 years older than hubby and his cousin, so they were together a lot). We camped with them all summer and I'm sooooo glad we did. Camp just won't be the same without them... there are a lot of family connections going on with us...

My other family member (who happens to be my stepmom) that's in the hospital has some good news and some bad news, they've put her back on dialysis BUT she's going to get to come closer to home (to a nursing home) possibly end of this week first of next week. She'll need Physical therapy and help re-learning how to do most everything and building her muscles up! She's very ready to get out of the hospital!
Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 24 of 117
latest reply

(((fredi))) 

Bless your heart..you`ve certainly been on an emotional roller coaster for some time now!  My condolences on the loss of your stepdad..sounds like everyone (on all sides) was lucky to have him in their family! 

It`s wonderful that your stepmom is going to be closer to home..that alone can make for a faster recovery!   

Sendin up some prayers for all of you!  heart

Message 25 of 117
latest reply

Big Hugs Fredi.  So sorry about your step-father.  I'm glad your mom seems to be doing OK.  Wish there was some magic words to help ease the pain and fill the hole losing a loved one leaves, but there just isn't.  So again, I'll just send you hugs.

Message 26 of 117
latest reply

thanks everyone! we're muddling through it.

And i just hear that a friend here on ebay lost her husband this am...so that makes me sad too.

hug your loved ones, you never know when it will be the last time....:(
Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 27 of 117
latest reply

Ahhh sweet spring!!!   Mama is happy..her baby boy came back! Cat Very Happy

He actually has been here for couple of weeks now..but I finally caught him!  lol

DSCN1357.JPG

DSCN1359.JPG

DSCN1360.JPG

Message 28 of 117
latest reply

The Golden Cherry Tomato plant has 4  'maters. Very small, but I'm encouraged!

[]

Baby 'matersBaby 'maters

Message 29 of 117
latest reply

Cool!    &   I see more blooms! Cat Very Happy 

Message 30 of 117
latest reply