cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product listing in Ebay catalog

I have a question and a few concerns about how you List things now with the UPC codes going to be grouped together and then you can only sell the item at a certain price? For instance I sell Diecast race cars and say I am selling a Ferrari Michael Schumacher car and eBay looks at the item and says for example the car should sell for 20.00 but my item has better options than the base model and should be selling for 50.00 but eBay doesn’t see that since the UPC Number is the same. How do I work with that because if I have to sell it at 20.00 or else not be seen then I will have to do something else. Thank you and any thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Product listing in Ebay catalog

And eBay doesn't seem to realize, either, that if you have to sell an item for $20 instead of $50, the eBay commission will likewise go down. Why don't they understand that?
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@hosedakiwrote:

I have a question and a few concerns about how you List things now with the UPC codes going to be grouped together and then you can only sell the item at a certain price? For instance I sell Diecast race cars and say I am selling a Ferrari Michael Schumacher car and eBay looks at the item and says for example the car should sell for 20.00 but my item has better options than the base model and should be selling for 50.00 but eBay doesn’t see that since the UPC Number is the same. How do I work with that because if I have to sell it at 20.00 or else not be seen then I will have to do something else. Thank you and any thoughts?

Where did you see that ebay gets to control how much you sell an item for?   

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I didn’t see that, but having said that in Seller Hub they have the growth tab and make suggestions for what your item should sell for and if you happen to have just started selling they give you suggestions for pricing there also. With the catalog they are going to have how much something should sell for and I would think they in theory could limit the price and if you go outside the limit then you might not get any exposure for your item, I am hoping that none of that comes true and that we have the freedom to sell at our price without penalty. Thank you 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@hosedakiwrote:

I didn’t see that, but having said that in Seller Hub they have the growth tab and make suggestions for what your item should sell for and if you happen to have just started selling they give you suggestions for pricing there also. With the catalog they are going to have how much something should sell for and I would think they in theory could limit the price and if you go outside the limit then you might not get any exposure for your item, I am hoping that none of that comes true and that we have the freedom to sell at our price without penalty. Thank you 

I see what you mean though. The paranoia is running rampant because we feel like there is a target on are backs.  I feel like no matter how hard I work or try, this is not going to end well for me. 

I've been sitting in front of my computer for days trying to figure things out, and the more I read the worse it gets.    

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I am sorry if I scared you, I didn’t mean to do that but I was hoping that someone from eBay could help us with some thoughts because the point I asked about to begin with I do have cars that are better than the base models and would be silly to have to sell for a lot less. I also have Dooney and Bourke purses that my wife buys and some she keeps and others we sell that could fall in the same issue. Thank You

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I thought that these threads were going to get "official" ebay responses so we could read, question and learn but I am not seeing a lot of ebay responses.  Disappointed.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply