cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why should it cost me to return the wrong item

So I bought a 5m (16.4 feet) 300 LED individual addressable RGB waterproof strip light. And yesterday my package arrived. So I opened it up and what I bought and what was in the package was not what I bought.

There was (2) 1m individual addressable lights, and a RMA return packing slip.

So I notified the seller right away about this and that this package was a return that was sent to me. And I was able to peel off my label and it had the buyer's return label under mine. So the seller sent me that package with the last buyers information on the package and on the packing slip. So the seller said how about you keep the wrong items and we can give you a 5.00 refund? Well I paid 25.00 for a 5 meter strip light and they was trying to get me to keep the (2) 1 meter lights for 20.00 bucks. Of course I said no.

So the seller was not happy that I said no and finally they said that I can send them back to them. And finally they sent by email a return label. But they also told me oh by the way we are out of those lights. And I checked the auction and someone bought a bunch of the lights after my order so the seller sent me the (2) 1m lights and I'm sure they did this on purpose so that they didn't lose the big order. So I checked there web store and they had some higher priced lights that they was selling. So they said that if I want those lights then I had to send out the lights today or they wasn't going to send me the replacement lights. So I had to drive into town that is 22 miles one way and I had to spend 20 bucks on gas plus buy some packing tape. So it cost me 24.87 to send the wrong lights back, and the sad thing about this, for another .13 cents I could have bought another 5m set of lights.

And this seller didn't care about how much money that it would cost me to send the wrong items back. So does eBay do anything about this? Shouldn't the seller be held responsible for the cost of sending me the wrong items plus a packing slip with another buyers information on the packing slip and package?

This seller should be held responsible for the cost of sending it back and if I didn't drive into town today only to mail out the package today then he wasn't going to send me the right item.

This is so wrong in many ways and I was hoping someone on here would know how I could hold this seller accountable for my cost to send them back the wrong items.

I swear, that some sellers on here is making it hard for me to buy stuff on here. The sellers say that they are in the USA but they are in another Country.

And eBay needs to hold the sellers responsible for sending me the wrong items.

It wasn't my fault that they sent me the wrong items, so why should I have to pay anything to send the items back? It is just wrong that I had to pay 24.87 just because the sellers mistake. So is there anyway to get my money back on this?

And I'm sorry about the long post. I'm just upset that I had to spend that much money for something out of my control.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Did you go to the Resolution Center and open a case?
Janet
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You have to open a case for Item Not As Decribed. This is your MBG.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You have every right to open a dispute in the Resolution Center. Because it was their error THEY are responsible for the return postage. I suppose a case could be made for asking them to pay for your gas but I don't think eBay will bite on that. Keep all of your postage receipts, tracking number, copies of your letter here and forward them to eBay when you open your case. It takes a couple of weeks for the whole process to resolve itself but in the end you'll get your money back plus return shipping. The only time a seller is not responsible for return shipping is when the customer changes their mind about a product. 

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply