cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rainbow Roses- Seeds for Sale?

mzwahash
Enthusiast

Has anyone had success with growing rainbow roses from seeds you purchased from eBay Sellers?

Message 1 of 99
latest reply
98 REPLIES 98

Re: Rainbow Roses- Seeds for Sale?

I just purchased some seeds yesterday . I'll let you know how they turn out 🙂

Message 16 of 99
latest reply

Nope. I purchased a pack of 100 seeds (rainbow, green, blue and purple) and not a single seed sprouted.

Message 17 of 99
latest reply

Roses are very difficult to grow from seed. In fact it is hard to find a single rosebush anywhere grown from seed. The rose bushes you get at a garden center or mail order catalog are grafted on rootstock. The rootstock is propigated by making a shallow cut in a stem and applying rooting compound and when good roots have formed a cutting is made and let grow a couple years. Occasionally you can root a cut rose stem after the rose has wilted but for the most part this is the hybred that was grafted onto a sturdy but unimpressive plant.

Message 18 of 99
latest reply

I was looking up about the rainbow roses. i bought  these rainbow seeds from ebay the seed is hard to crack so needs soaking  its three conered . I have got one growing now its about  18 inch tall very thin and stalk like.  it is getting more leaves on it which are rose shaped leaves as it grows im keeping  a close eye on it none of the others have come through yet. I dont no at this stage if its false or not. all i no is i have one of the supposed roses growing . and wouldnt no the out come till it matures into a rose that blooms by the way none of the other seeds took. ......hope this helps a little

Message 19 of 99
latest reply

No, I got caught with this myself.  They send you white rose seeds and once they've grown and you pick the roses for a bunch you cut the bottom of the rose evenly making 4 slots then you place the stem in dye 

Message 20 of 99
latest reply

It takes an experienced gardener to grow roses from seed.

Really, it's hardly worth the effort, when you can buy a beautiful, healthy rose bush for under $10.00.

Message 21 of 99
latest reply

It's unfortunate they're are so many dishonest sellers on eBay and that eBay does nothing to curb their ability to scam buyers.

There is no such thing as a rose Bush that grows Rainbow flowers, Chinese or not.
Message 22 of 99
latest reply

hahahaha... I just bought a package from China. Should have read the reviews first.  Can somebody say "Stupid American".. lol  yea that's me!

Message 23 of 99
latest reply

I answered this thread before. I am a nurseryman and have raised over 600 species of plants either from cuttings or seed.

PLEASE read some botony or some of Mendel's work. Even if legit it would take you years to raise the seedling to a flowering stage only to find that you have been scammed.  If legit, these roses would be tissue cloned and put out to market.

Please end this stupid thread.  Those who have bought these seeds will have to wait for years to make a legitimate protest to eBay against the seller. In the meantime they will continue to sell this scam.

DO NOT BUY THESE SEEDS or other seeds of similar nature.

Even if true only some 25 percent of these seeds might resemble ONE of the parents. That is why you cannot grow a Gala apple from Gala apple seeds. or a named orchid from its seeds.

Message 24 of 99
latest reply

Im glad I read this, Ive been looking at those and was going to buy 100 or 500 of those from China and wait for the slow shipment. I would have felt so stupid and been a little miffed.

Message 25 of 99
latest reply

I bought some rainbow rose seeds from China and they are actually very beautiful,But I started mine inside.

Message 26 of 99
latest reply

Yes I have bought some rainboe rose seeds from china and they are very beautiful but I start all my exotic flowers as well as other flowers inside.

Message 27 of 99
latest reply

Peter's website in Holland www.rainbowedroses.com BUYER BEWARE: Rainbow roses are only available as a cut flower, and cannot be purchased as a rose bush or as seeds. Beware of fraudulent advertisements on E-Bay and Amazon offering Rainbow Rose Seeds or Rainbow Rose Bushes they are fraud and not possible since the only way to achieve rainbow roses is by a patented coloring process that is administered to a white rose only after the rose has grown and cannot be achieved in bush or seed form. Rainbow Rose Seeds and Rainbow Rose Bushes are a SCAM and you will just waste your money.

Message 28 of 99
latest reply

You can do this with almost any garden rose don't need special seeds if you pour four different colours of food coloured water around the base of plant they will suck it up the roots and change colour white obviously works better. Pour enough water with food dye you will get a colour change for next to nothing!!!
Message 29 of 99
latest reply

I also bought these but nothing has come up. 

Message 30 of 99
latest reply