cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rainbow Roses- Seeds for Sale?

mzwahash
Enthusiast

Has anyone had success with growing rainbow roses from seeds you purchased from eBay Sellers?

Message 1 of 99
latest reply
98 REPLIES 98

Is it April Fools Day?!  Of course there are no such things as natural rainbow roses and the cut flowers which are coloured with dye look hideous.  So no you cannot grow them.

Message 91 of 99
latest reply

No, I think its a scam, and ebay should stop it.

Message 92 of 99
latest reply

They are fakes. Colors like blue and true green dont really exist in the rose world without some sort of genetic manipulation which is less than sucessful

Message 93 of 99
latest reply

I have. There is a process you must first put them in the fridge for at least 3 months. Then you have to soak them in hydrogen peroxide for about an hour. After you will need to place them in a paper towel for about a month or so to wait for them to germinate. Once they get their tails, plant them in good soil, do not over water and within a few weeks they will look like a rose bush. It takes a couple years for them to bloom but since they are seed started they will be hybrids and will look different from the mother rose. Also, if you try to germinate 30 seeds chances are you will get at least 10 roses. It is a **bleep** shoot but well worth it.
Message 94 of 99
latest reply

THAT WAS A STUPID RESPONSE!

Message 95 of 99
latest reply

So why did you bother to answer?
Message 96 of 99
latest reply

Don't lie.
Message 97 of 99
latest reply

Yes.  I have several plants growing from rainbow rose seeds off eBay.  And success was fleeting.  The rose you get is not what they claim since the rainbow rose is done by injecting dyes into plant during flower growth to control the coloration.  

I have several roses from those seeds and they are reverted plants to one of the parent plants that were used to create the rose bush they used to color the roses.  They usually have small white, pink or purple flowers and are not what claimed to be.  Since roses are difficult to germinate if don't know how.  Plant seeds just below soil line in moist soil and put in fridge for week or two then when bring out they will germinate.  Keep soil moist until seedlings established.  Or plant in winter and they will germinate when ready again keeping moist.  But as with some roses their seeds revert to one of the two parent plants.  They count on people not being able to geminate them.  Takes 2-4 years for roses to reach age old enough to bloom.

Message 98 of 99
latest reply

So if the ebay seeds are not rainbow colored, what color will they be? Or, are the seeds sold a dud!
Message 99 of 99
latest reply