cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questionable listings for SimpliSafe systems?

There are several listings for SimpliSafe home security systems by sellers with 0 feedback. All are aproximately the same price of $180. This price is significantly lower than the usual price for these systems. I am interested in purchasing a system but do not want to be scammed. Is there any way I can verify if these listings are legitimate and the seller will send the item? 

Thanks for any sugestions.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Questionable listings for SimpliSafe systems?

did you end up ordering? I am on the fence

Message 16 of 48
latest reply

Thank you for your suggestion. It is really creepy. But I can not resist the price. Have you installed it and registered monitoring service?

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

Yes, no all is working so far. 

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

I just ordered one as well. Came directly from simplisafe, everything is brand new and in the box. Haven’t hooked it up yet though. There was an invoice in the box for way more than I paid. Is this legit or a scam??

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

Probably stolen credit cards being used

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

Yikes. Is it ok to keep do you think? Can simplisafe bill me?!
Message 21 of 48
latest reply

No, I did not order. There way too many listing for these Simplisafe systems from sellers with zero feedback.   Who knows what may happen if SimpliSafe catches on to what is going on.  Or maybe the seller won't ship. Too risky in my opinion.

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

Was you system be able to activate through Simplisafe, and was it running fine?

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

Yes as it was shipped from SimpliSafe

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

Hello, I think I may be running into your situation. The seller / item is now de-listed. I have a package coming on my way from MA. What happened to your system. Did simplisafe ask you to return it? or are you able to use it successfully ? Thanks

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

Still working fine have not heard from anyone

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

Hello.

I am thinking of ordering the simplisafe 3 system from this seller who has 0 feedback.

Do you think its too risky? Its so much cheaper than simplisafe itself. 

Have anyone had experience with buying it from Ebay and is it working fine?

Thank you

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

Did you ever have any issues with your acount after this purchase?  I just purchased one and had the same thing happen where it was sent directly though simplisafe.  

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

Nope, just don't ask too many questions, should be okay.

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

Although tempted, I was concerned that if this was indeed a stolen credit card scam, it could possibly come back to me to pay the balance owed on the account for whatever system was received.  The sponsoring bank could first try to find and prosecute the thief, then potentially go after those receiving the security system.  I did notice that as soon as the last system was sold, the listing completely disappeared.  Creepy.

Ended up building a system directly through Simplisafe via telephone, that cost roughly what was being offered by the questionable eBay listing.  They offered a 40% discount for customers with older systems to upgrade, but you do need to send back your original system at their expense.  They also have a special 48-hour sale going on where you can save 15% plus get a free camera.  The 40% deal worked out best for me.

Message 30 of 48
latest reply