cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questionable listings for SimpliSafe systems?

There are several listings for SimpliSafe home security systems by sellers with 0 feedback. All are aproximately the same price of $180. This price is significantly lower than the usual price for these systems. I am interested in purchasing a system but do not want to be scammed. Is there any way I can verify if these listings are legitimate and the seller will send the item? 

Thanks for any sugestions.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately I found out it was a scam as soon as I sent the payment, the PayPal sender name did not add up. Now I have the pleasure of trying to get my money back somehow. The sellers are getting greedier now , they are even bringing it to auction. They are using compromised accounts to sell them items an the real person is in China somewhere probably.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Unfortunately I found out it was a scam as soon as I sent the payment, the PayPal sender name did not add up. Now I have the pleasure of trying to get my money back somehow. The sellers are getting greedier now , they are even bringing it to auction. They are using compromised accounts to sell them items an the real person is in China somewhere probably.

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

Thank you for your response. I figured that the listings were a scam. I wonder why Ebay doesn't put a stop to these sellers when there are so many with zero feedback and offerering the same SimpliSafe systems with stock pictures. I did get an email from Ebay telling me of a compromised account because I had contacted that particular seller with a question.

Ebay shoud have a way for buyers to notify Ebay of suspicious listings. Anyway, I will not be buying from any of them. Good luck to you in getting your money back.  

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

The user I bought it from had over 1k feedback from a few years ago, it gets even stranger now though, the item still has not left the shipper according to UPS tracking, but the user has received positive feedback for selling the alarm system ffrom another seller ( or another comprised account)  and even gave me positive feedback for buying it. Then reposted the items for a 30 dollars increase in price. I am not sure what there game is since it is covered under ebay protection.

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

I think I know which seller you are talking about. I asked her a question today about the authenticity of the Simplisafe system and wether it can be activated. She replied "Yes, new in box".  Not really answering my question. What I, as well as you, don't understand is, if they don't ship the item, Ebay will refund the buyer.  So how does their scam work? So sorry for you because it's not a small amount of money to loose.

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

Have you had any resolution to your Simplisafe purchase?

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

Oddly enough the first ups tracking number that was supplied by shipper never moved from created...but this morning I received a email from ups that I have a packaged scheduled for tomorrow delivery weighing 7lbs.. I'll update more tomorrow if it's rocks.

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

And it's being shipped directly from simplisafe in Somerville, MA..so I really don't know how this is going to play out.

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

That sure is interesting. I am from MA. I hope you get the system you paid for. Please update!

Thanks

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Received the package today from ups. It's all there. So the seller will get simplisafe to send the system but not entirely sure how legal this is..took so long to get to me because it was backordered.

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

Thanks for the update. I am tempted to order one. 

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

I am ordering one but have the same question. Just would like to know if the one you bought works?

Thanks

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

Have you bought one on ebay, I have same confusion.

Thanks

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Yes it shipped directly from SimpliSafe

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

Be careful though I do not think it is legal.  And the experience I had with my eBay seller may not be the experience you will have with yours

Message 15 of 48
latest reply