cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying very rare and unusual dining room chairs. Other groups might have answers?

Unkown provenance. No signature. No marks. Have received - alot - of negative comments about the look of these chairs - been laughed at with a lot of discouraging comments about the ''ugliness' of this design. Before throwing them in the garbage...I am trying my last resort : Ebay Community! Someone out there knows anything about these chairs? I found them in Montreal, Canada. They might have been made in the Province of Quebec because we use to have many furniture manufacturers - all gone nowadays. I have lived here all my life and never have I came across this kind of design. (I call them the ''cat'' chairs because of the head part which looks like a cat's head and the bottom part looks like a cat's tail. Oh yes, it is made of tubular steel and might be some kind of plywood with a lackered white finish. Thank you very much for any comments!DSC03787.JPGDSC03788.JPGDSC03784.JPGDSC03785.JPGDSC03789.JPG

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Identifying very rare and unusual dining room chairs. Other groups might have answers?

Those chairs look like something that may have been custom-made for a restaurant rather than for a home dining room.  

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: Identifying very rare and unusual dining room chairs. Other groups might have answers?

I never thought of this! Very interesting idea! Thank you so much for your interest! Have a nice day!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

When you go to list them, make sure you spell lacquered properly,

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Yes I will do! Thank you!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Like soh.maryl mentioned, my first thought, in looking at them, was a restaurant.

I don't find them ugly, more so unique.  Would I buy them, no.  Probably a good yard sale item.

I have no idea, of the answers, to your questions.  Good luck.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thank you so much for your time! Best regards!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

They look like chairs for an outdoor cafe.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

😆

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I don't think they're original.  Try to imagine them with different upholstery.  Looks like a country motif fabric was forced on a modern geometric design.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Advertise them locally for a flipper, maybe make a cat face, put it on one?  Someone can make that unique chair very desirable. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply