cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Seller

Have a new ebay store and am a new seller.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: New Seller

Good luck with your store!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Nice to see that a US seller has enough confidence to sell internationally.

But eBay does not suggest that sellers use the Global Shipping Program for items selling under $50USD.

The reason is that your customers are paying a service fee of $5 plus their national sales tax and import duty upfront, in addition to your shipping fee and your asking price.

Here in Canada, our import limit is $20 CDN or about $16 USD.

This adds $15 or $20 on to the cost of your $30 shirts.  Would you consider the purchase a good deal? The GSP can be very detrimental to you Shipping Cost Ratings.

Instead, at least for Canadian buyers, offer USPS First Class International shipping. You can buy these online through Paypal, perhaps at a discount from PO counter prices, and the service included Confirmation of Delivery, which is what you probably want from the GSP in any case.

I would not suggest that a new seller ship overseas. Get a good 100 transactions behind you first.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I absolutely hate selling international, then if there's a problem return shipping is a hassle. Of course they're quick to leave negative feedback because they're frustrated.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Congrats on your new store! I think you'll find it rewarding, if you read tips and tricks from these boards, and also don't be afraid to call eBay and ask if you're stumped....never assume! It's come back to haunt me a few times.

I've found that great customer service works wonders. I know it's cliche, but happy customers = returning customers. Find a way to put a personalized touch on things, and take the time to answer questions. It has worked for me! 

On on the Global Shipping front, I've never had any problems. I follow exactly to the letter on what the shipping policies are, and I try my hardest to keep great communication with my buyers. If I see something taking longer to arrive, I reach out and let the customer know I shipped it, and it's en route.

I try to avoid returns by publishing actual, detailed, multiple pictures of each item.

Hope this helped! Best of luck!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply