cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Became a MaryKay consultant-but why can't I sell it on Ebay?? HELP

Hello everyone! I'm not a newbie to the boards, I'm a regular on the CCBoard (Childrens Clothing Boutique) I'm a Powerseller here on Ebay of infant/toddler/and Jr clothing and I just became a new MaryKay consultant!~

May I ask for some advice? I've been told in a very blunt manner that I'm not *allowed* to sell my product here on Ebay. WHY? Why I buy my inventory, aren't I allowed to do with it what I want?

Help!

Thanks
Carrie 🙂
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Just Became a MaryKay consultant-but why can't I sell it on Ebay?? HELP

mccoyengle
Enthusiast
My advice would be to block my contact info and email info. I have gone to many yard sales and thrift stores where they were selling MK, what is the difference between that and ebay? These people need to get a life if they are exhausting their resources to report you.
Message 16 of 36
latest reply

laylaunetn
Enthusiast
All of the major cosmetics companies frown upon skincare and cosmetics being sold outside of their intended retailer. Also, DESIGNER clothiers are very much into TRADEMARK infringement and have passed legislature to look out for fakes and fraud. You may find fakes on eBay that tout themselves as authentic. It has to do with patents on their products and such. Mary Kay is the same. It's a Patent and Trademark legality.
Message 17 of 36
latest reply

patricia2519
Enthusiast
Most sellers use a disclaimer in their ads. If the product in genuine, sell it.
Message 18 of 36
latest reply

It's very easy.

Just have a family member or friend post your listings/sales items. Or put it under an email address NOT associated with your MK consultant info and get a PO Box for your address.

There is nothing MK can do about that.

That's what we do!

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

Because Ebay id where all the Mary Kay and Avon reps dump off their returns for next to nothing.

Message 20 of 36
latest reply

When I was a consultant, I used to buy a few things like bags and stuff (no actual product like makeup or skin care) on eBay all the time. I'm actually selling an unused MK bag and some of the starter supplies on eBay now. They are all brand new. I agree that you should be able to do whatever you want with your product.

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

I don't know of ANY Direct Sales companies that will let you sell on Ebay.

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

Hi Carrie, if you look on line "Mary Kay Will Sue You" has a list of several hundred women who have been sued by Mary Kay for selling on ebay. This should not be the way it is, by Constitutional Laws and civil laws, but billion dollar corporations own "our" courts and "our" judges. FREEDOM to pursue our happiness (incomes) is the founding principals of America.  "Their Company" is IN MY NATION...and my family PAID "their company" for 21 generations who fought and died for "American freedoms"  Billion dollar corporations...Steal

ONE year is how long I must wait to sell Mary Kay....or buy from Mary Kay; who will pay a percentage of MY sales to a director who Lied-to me (she is in partnership with her husband) This is "Against the Laws of Mary Kay"  NO one can "partner with a husband" I came from the male-dominated cosmetic business. MEN get million dollar apartments in Manhattan...women $6 hour (starvation) I DO NOT want to put money into the pockets of another male..of my 12 hour a day 7 day 24 hours devoted to Mary Kays "chances"

ME, Mary Kay itself breaks its own Laws "Can't partner husband ONE director only"  To tell the women "Against our rules/laws" This represents 100% male written and interpreted "Laws" with a 93% male lawyers base (brainwashing women lawyers to **bleep** women). I'm getting ready to sue Mary Kay for fraud and coresion and a blatant discrimination. Cosmetics are a 96% male owned industry. Males are PAID six-figure "guaranteed" salery (company cars) women get O but a "chance" and must "Qualify" for cars or lose car.

I want to buy Mary Kay wholesale from a sub-seller. NOT pay a percentage to a director who lied to me. IF I send ONE order directly to Mary Kay in Dallas. This dishonest director gets an over-ride percentage of everything I sell for the rest of my MK career. I am a "Top seller in the nation"  Lancome, Chanel, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Revlon, Max Factor (Male Millionaires) Women 

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

I don't know for sure, but Mary Kay is probably a MLM, which tend to care more about signing up "Sales Executives" and not so much about selling to anyone other than them.  Try searching "Is Mary Kay a MLM?" and see what you find.

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

It is part of your contract when you become a Mary Kay consultant

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

I think there are probably several reasons that the company does not allow Consultants to sell on Ebay. One thing being products that are expired or outdated, which could cause reactions with the person using them.  

When I signed on as a consultant, at first I thought I would sell things on Ebay, but my recruiter told me right away that it was prohibited. So I don't do it.

A lot of Direct Sales Companies don't allow this practice. 

And yes, it is aggravating to see people on Ebay selling the products, because frankly, it takes away from the Independent Consultants who are trying to make their living one customer at a time- knowing potential customers are buying it on Ebay. I have a friend right now who buys her stuff on Ebay, when she could be buying and supporting someone she actually knows.

I don't report Ebay sellers..., but they really could get in legal trouble if someone does report them. ..

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

Sorry, check their website under legal issues. It should be in there somewhere. 

I'm a consultant, and found quickly that it isn't allowed. Fortunately I asked about it before I attempted to try it. 

I don't know how other people get away with it, but I wouldn't try it. lol

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

You should report the people or so called "companies" that are selling Mary Kay products on ebay.  Problem solved right?

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

It is a breach of contract, so if you're a consultant it is not okay. Out of respect to the working MK consultants, please dont sell current product.

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

Sounds to me like they are trying to be a communist type company lol
Message 30 of 36
latest reply