cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HAD HIGH HOPES FOR DR DENESE SKIN CARE LINE BUT

mrs_diva
Enthusiast
As I was waiting for my QVC auto ship of Dr. denese 5 piece skin care....back order. 😞 I bought the pads,day cream and hydroshield...off ebay all sealed and new...but the pads started to give me little red bumbs all over my face...the only other time I got lil red bumps on my face was when I used alphahydrox.:O The hydroshield felt like baby oil going on and never did feel matte.....and the day cream made my makeup slide off after a few hours, I noticed the ingredients in the day cream just zinc oxide nothing else so I know its just a sun block but if all the ingredients is zinc then how is that making my skin look younger..outside of blocking the suns rays..please ladies I watch Dr. Denese all the time on Qvc and shes stunning and looks great..but I had such high hopes for her products but after just trying the top 3 in her line I feel let down and have cancelled my auto ship order on Qvc...please tell me if you had any of the problems with the pads like I did. And what kind of luck you have had with her line....lol....right now I am watching Qvc and Mally Beauty is on...I am so sick of hearing the term
"SMOKEY EYE.:-p I mean $60.00 for eyeshadow yeah ok, not everyone looks good in brown eyeshadow....tee-hee. I am a QVC addict and watch it alot so I am not bashing Dr, Denese or Mally..ie smokey eye just wanted input on Dr. Denese line...kinda got the giggles thinking about the term smokey eye I will put that look off untill I am old and rich and can afford $60.00 for brown eyeshadow..not..will save my money and just buy maybelline or cover girl....they offer alot of brown tones and cost only $2.50 .lol one lady Mally used the smokey eye on and peach blush kinda looks like a plastic doll at toys R us..just kidding :^O
Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

livysgran
Enthusiast
#14 I use the exact regime and am about the same age. Very pleased with the results too. Love to find effective and inexpensive alternatives.

Anyone tried vitamin C oil for under-eye bags? I used the patches successfully for awhile but can't find them again.
Message 16 of 105
latest reply

kitchenchris
Enthusiast
hello, mrs. diva. Give Dr. D another shot, and this time stick with if for three weeks. I have had lots of experience with lots of skin care. I also have very sensitive skin and some serious rosacea. NEVER have I been more pleased with the results from any skincare line before as I am from Dr. Denese's line. If you read her book you will learn that this does not happen overnight - you've got to let it start to work. Yes, I did have difficulty getting used to the pads. It took about a month. I still splash water about 2 mins after applying.... and it took about 12 weeks until I could use them more than once a week - - now that I am used to them, I can use every day - and if I stop for a week, I see a noticable change (for the worse) in my skin. The stuff works. About the hydroshield - you are just using too much, same with the DayCream. A little goes a long way. Keep it away from the eye area and you should be fine. I am a convert, you will be too if you just stick with it.
Message 17 of 105
latest reply

stephca68
Enthusiast
I too used this product and quit because it has paraben the product that is under controversy for cause of cancer..it also made my face get more lines and redness and look old..i quit useing it right away only had it a few days and noticed this ...
Message 18 of 105
latest reply

Hello, I have been reading all of the pros and cons of Dr Deneses products. I heard also somewhere else that the eye serum contains 5 parabens. I search parabens and it is a type of preservative.

All I can say is that I have been using Dr. Deneses products along with the full boost cream of Kustie which was very hard to find it comes from france but know that I found it, I bought a ton of them check out full boost cream scrub, I use that 2 a week to exfoliate and eliminate the dead skin cells, and pigmentation. Then I use Dr. Denese defense cream with the depuff eye cream of Dr. Denese followed with Bare Escentuals Foundation. Double protection against the HARMFUL Sun. Also the BE lipguards, eyeshadows, not the mascara it doesnt work for me I use maybalines. At night I use the Hydroshield and the triple strength eye cream, they work great for me.

I would tell everyone to definitely to try Dr. Deneses entire line, Bare Escentuals For sure, AGE Full Boost Cream Scrub A must, And Philosophys cleanser, and amazing grace. O now that we are here tigi catwalk Shampoo and conditiner has worked better than ojon, fekkai and many other hair products out there.
ps the Pads of Dr denese does make my skin get a bit red and burn a little but my skin seems to love here products anyway so I continue and will continue to use them. Thank you so much for all of the input!!!!!
Message 19 of 105
latest reply

elizak1980
Enthusiast
Hi y'all! Yes, I'm a Texan! So, that gives me certain rights to specific information regarding dry skin! I can tell you that I am very fair with very dry skin. I have also been a QVC junkie and was really impressed with Dr. Denese. I have ordered too many items, but haven't we all! Anyway, I went to see my local Dr.Dermo and she had alot to say! We did not talk Denese, however, she is a really expensive hi-tech dr. who does ALL of the latest and greatest in the field of skin today. She could have sold me ANYTHING!! I am right in the early stages of wrinkles, old skin, etc.(45 yrs, old). She sells all kinds of stuff, too. So, the real shock was when she told me to go to the local grocery or drug store, and purchase Oil Of Olay, Regenerest products!!! She said they have all of the same top notch ingredients in them that all of the top and most expensive brands from the most expensive department stores have. So, I have tried them and stayed with them. They are not what I would have thought drug store prices would be, but they are not expensive. About $10.00-$25.00 per item. I have been happy with them. I feel like I have more control over what I am buying than when I order on line. The one line from QVC that I do like is REDPOINT. I love the fact that the products are anti-aging as well as soft and moisturizing. You might try them, if you haven't. I'm with you on the Mally Beauty line. It is way over the top in making you look like a TRAMP!! Unless you can wear all of the eye makeup she has, you are really waisting your time or more to the point, your money. I don't know about all of you, but I wish I had my money instead of all of the skin care and make up I bought on QVC! Thanks for listening and maybe I helped a bit. Happy Holidays and a Very Happy New Year. Eliza
Message 20 of 105
latest reply

elsaivymom
Enthusiast
I have tried many of the lines from QVC and wound up disappointed. I shop for my anti aging stuff at makeupartistschoice dot com. You can select from tons of products with a wide variety of ingredients, it is all professional strength stuff and they sell samples too- so you can test what you think you want first. They have everything from serums and lotions, to makeup and peels. The directions are fantastic, phone support is too. They also hold professional seminars for licensed cosmetologists for continuing ed. Right now, they have a sale on if you use the code homestretch by the 31st at 11:59 pm.

Check it out, try some samples and you won't be buying junk from QVC anymore! Once you get something that works, you won't look back. Fruit Helmutt ducking for cover!

"Being a thug means never having to say you're sorry."

Message 21 of 105
latest reply

Thank you tanaholic (post #2). I am always looking for
the ingredient lists on products so I can research the basis for the hype.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Message 22 of 105
latest reply

troutdecorlady
Enthusiast
Love shopping, love skin care, Dr. D's firming pads had be splashing the cold water on my face everytime I tried them. I am going to try the Olay Regenerist line and save some $.
Message 23 of 105
latest reply

myofrye
Enthusiast
I have tried so many different skin care products and been disappointed, until Dr Denese. I not only use her skin care products I have taken her advice that she gives in her book and am taking the vitamin and mineral supplements she recommends. My skin looks better than it ever has, I have battled acne since my teens (now 37) and for the first time ever I feel comfortable going out with just her tinted moisturizer on. I save money by using cetaphil cleanser and neutrogena toner but use her products for exfoliation, skin building, sealing and moisturizing. I've added her products into my regime as I can afford. I think the proof is in the results.
Message 24 of 105
latest reply

lareif
Enthusiast
I have been using Dr. Denese products for about 1 1/2 years. I began using them after watching Dr Denese on PBS. I never post messages on message boards, but after reading some of the other posts, I felt compelled! First of all, Dr. Denese was very specific on the PBS program, saying you could buy other products but telling you which ingredieants to look for. She was also clear that you need a very specific skin care regimen, there is no one miracle product.
Also, she is very specific about not making promises she can't fulfill, and I think some of you ladies are looking for a miracle in a jar...it's not out there! Nothing is going to give you plastic surgery results, and she is very upfront about that. As for the post where her ingredients were discussed, I'd say -- before you take anyone else's word on it, know who the advertisers are backing the site where the average person gets their information!
On to the products. I have sensitive skin and every product I've used has left either dry scaley patches or caused breakouts. I tried the Oil of Olay Regenerist line (supposedly recommended by a dermatologist). It took me three months to clear my skin up from massive breakouts in my T-zone. Also, beware they put MASSIVE amounts of fragrance in their products, I couldn't believe how perfumed the serum is! The Dr. Denese products I have used have no odor that I can detect, so I'm not sure where that claim comes from!
Dr. Denese's Day cream with the SPF and tint in it is very thick and a lot of people do not like it. However, I found it to be a blip in an otherwise great line of products. My pores appear smaller in my T-zone, my skin is smooth and the Hydroshield has never clogged my pores, as I said before, a problem I am prone to. You do have to invest in a few of her products, you cannot use them alone and expect the same results. It is a regimen of skin care and she is very upfront about that.
Message 25 of 105
latest reply

Hi lareif I'm glad that the line is working for you, but a lot of us don't want to spend unnessasary money on products that aren't formulated correctly to work the way they say they do

As for the post where her ingredients were discussed, I'd say -- before you take anyone else's word on it, know who the advertisers are backing the site where the average person gets their information!

Actually I do know Deb who did the review, she is a poster and not affiliated with any makeup or skincare company, she is a biochemist for a drug company but skincare is a passion of hers.

I can buy my whole skincare regime for about the same price she charges for 2 or 3 of her items, and most of my items last 3-4 months.

1.clarifying cleanser:Ingredients: water, Plantapon, calendula, yarrow, elder flower, raspberry leaf, & linden flower infusions, xanthan gum, lemongrass, palmarosa, & rosewood essential oils, & liquid Germall Plus. Cost me $11.50 last me and my daughter 3-4 months

2.5% BHA/10% AHA liquid 5% salicylic acid & 10% lactic acid
Other ingredients: water, SDA40B, propylene glycol, glycerin
Add its at the correct PH level so I am getting the % that I pay for. Cost me $26 and last me around 4 months.

3.Pearl Gel. Ingredients: water, proprietary blend of dimethicones & cyclomethicones, dipropylene glycol, pearl powder, niacinamide, panthenol, hydrolyzed oats, sodium chloride, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, sodium citrate, allantoin, & tetrasodium EDTA.
I use this for under my makeup but its also great for healing and moisturizing after a glycolic peel and TCA peel. Cost me $15 last around 2 months.

4.Glycolic Peel 30%...cost me $10.75 and lasts around 2 months...1 peel a week.

5.TCA Peel 15%
..cost me $34.75 and lasts a long time doing 1 every 3-4 weeks.

6.Vitamin C 25% Sample...cost me $7.00 and this last me a month.

7.Sup Cop 2x Sample size....cost me $10 and last me about 2 months...I use this only on my eyes and forehead.

Plus her bha/aha products she doesn't even tell you to wait the 20-30 mins before you apply anything else.
The minute you apply something else on top of your bha/ahas they stop working, so its just a waste of money for those products if they aren't used right.
Message 26 of 105
latest reply

tom2349
Enthusiast
I've never tried Dr. D's skin care products, but I'm 58 years old and have been using Serious Skin Care which I buy from HSN. It is from Jennifer Flavin (former model married to Slyvester Stallone). There is a product line for every kind of skin and age. I've been using the Vit-C line which is recommended for women in their 40's and I really like the Olive Oil line for dry skin. It has made a big difference in my skin. Just thought you might like to try it....it's also not terribly expensive to get a whole kit.
Pat
Message 27 of 105
latest reply

I bought the 2 step wrinkle filler stuff and after 6 weeks it is almost gone and I see absolutely no difference whatsoever. Total ripoff for me.
The home of "If you don't need it I have it!!"
Michelle
Message 28 of 105
latest reply

I was given the Day Defense tinted moisturizer as a present, and I must say that I have an addiction. I am a working makeup artist for Mac Cosmetics and I find that it works well with my make-up. I felt great spf coverage, nice matte finish and the zinc helps make the pores appear smaller. Love it!!
Message 29 of 105
latest reply

Interesting..some of the good reviews for Dr. Denese's products are from ebay IDs that have (0)zero purchases...could this be someone that just wants to make this line look good?..
Consumer reports magazine had an article about creams..they compared creams from the most expensive to cheap drugstore creams and per users results the top cream was Oil of Olay Regenerist! I belive it, I use it and it's gotten rid of most of my acne scars after about 9 months of use.
Message 30 of 105
latest reply