cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HAD HIGH HOPES FOR DR DENESE SKIN CARE LINE BUT

mrs_diva
Enthusiast
As I was waiting for my QVC auto ship of Dr. denese 5 piece skin care....back order. 😞 I bought the pads,day cream and hydroshield...off ebay all sealed and new...but the pads started to give me little red bumbs all over my face...the only other time I got lil red bumps on my face was when I used alphahydrox.:O The hydroshield felt like baby oil going on and never did feel matte.....and the day cream made my makeup slide off after a few hours, I noticed the ingredients in the day cream just zinc oxide nothing else so I know its just a sun block but if all the ingredients is zinc then how is that making my skin look younger..outside of blocking the suns rays..please ladies I watch Dr. Denese all the time on Qvc and shes stunning and looks great..but I had such high hopes for her products but after just trying the top 3 in her line I feel let down and have cancelled my auto ship order on Qvc...please tell me if you had any of the problems with the pads like I did. And what kind of luck you have had with her line....lol....right now I am watching Qvc and Mally Beauty is on...I am so sick of hearing the term
"SMOKEY EYE.:-p I mean $60.00 for eyeshadow yeah ok, not everyone looks good in brown eyeshadow....tee-hee. I am a QVC addict and watch it alot so I am not bashing Dr, Denese or Mally..ie smokey eye just wanted input on Dr. Denese line...kinda got the giggles thinking about the term smokey eye I will put that look off untill I am old and rich and can afford $60.00 for brown eyeshadow..not..will save my money and just buy maybelline or cover girl....they offer alot of brown tones and cost only $2.50 .lol one lady Mally used the smokey eye on and peach blush kinda looks like a plastic doll at toys R us..just kidding :^O
Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

glrytgod
Enthusiast
I do not use any one line exclusively. I believe each one of us has skin which is slightly different and we have to find what works best for us....Unfortunately, that can be a little expensive, but well worth the beauty results. My skin is EXTREMELY sensitive, and I have two of Dr. Denese's products on auto ship and would not be without them...firming facial pads and hydroshield serum... but I use the pads only three times a week and use them on arms and face. I also use Principal Secret, an aloe vera gel, one Merle Norman product and take Shaklee vitamins (again with a few from other lines). I had cancer 17 years ago and everyone else in my study passed away 12 or more years ago. People guess my age at 38 to 42. I am in my mid 60's (my profile on ebay shows my youngest son who is 20)... my eldest is 42. Regenerist works well for a friend but does nothing for me and ended up in the trash. I agree it is always good to be cautious.. but you may be too cautious and pass by something that is great for your skin!! IMPORTANT NOTE: A product may have all the great ingredients but if it cannot be assimilated into the skin, it does you no good. Some of the less expensive products (and some expensive ones) have that attribute. May everyone find products great for THEIR skin!
Message 31 of 105
latest reply

Probably different things work for different people. For me Principal Secrets Recclaim Line has worked wonders. Also added some Bare Escentuals skin care products more recently and the combination seems to be great for me.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 32 of 105
latest reply

Wow, too bad you didn't give the Regenerist to your friend that uses it. I'd hate to throw away anything that costs more than pennies. I like the Olay lines.
Message 33 of 105
latest reply

princeclyde
Enthusiast
I HAVE SEVERLY SENSITIVE SKIN AND I LOVE EVEN THE PADS YOU HAD TROUBLE WITH. IT CLEARLY SAYS ONLY USE 1-2 TIMES A WEEK. I LOVED THE SERUM NUT I LET IT SOAK IN AND ONLY USED 1 SQUIRT. YOU SHOULD TRY AGAIN AND I THINK YOU MGHT CHANGE YOUR MIND.
Message 34 of 105
latest reply

I am 51 yrs. old, with very oily, breakout-prone skin AND wrinkles! Whoo-hoo...livin' large! I started using Dr. Denese advanced firming pads, plus a couple other products two months ago. I'm pretty frugal and skeptical and was almost hoping the products DIDN'T work, so I didn't feel the tug of re-ordering a pricey product. For better or worse, my skin looks better than it has in a LONG time. I use the pads twice a day with zero sensitivity, but this goes along with the instructions on the package. Apparently, oily skin needs and can stand more exfoliation...or whatever this stuff does. I even use them on my hands.

A previous poster was wise in saying that everyone is different and what works for one person may not be right for another. I don't endorse these products...just passing along my experience. If things change with these items, I'll update.

Good luck all!
Message 35 of 105
latest reply

glrytgod
Enthusiast
Hi!
Sorry you have had problems with Dr. Denese. I am on auto delivery and have been for years. The pads are great. I also use them on my arms. I have very sensitive skin and they are fine for me. I do break out with many things, but not Dr. Denese.

Many moisturizers will cause problems with make-up. It is always better to use some type of primer after a moisturizer. A primer helps the moisturizer work better while forming a barrier to the makeup....so it does not mix with the moisturizer. I use the hydrosheild EVERY DAY ...with a moisturizer and primer over it....which definitely has helped to make and keep my skin younger.

While I used to use the less expensive lines (I am not allergic to either Maybelline or Cover Girl) in most of the products there is a difference on texture of product, whether they settle in fine lines or wrinkles , and help to truly improve skin texture and firmness, etc. as opposed to the more expensive lines. Generally a few of the more expensive lines do better. Dr. Denise, Borghese, Principal Secret, Merle Norman, and Shaklee have been the best in moisturizers, makeup,and skin treatments that I have found. The last two are old standbys, but their facial products are among the best. Serious Skin Care's "C" line is very good too.

Good products used regularly, whatever the price, can make a difference as to looking your age later on or looking 20 years younger. Good general health and good natural supplements also make a difference.

I hope you find products you are happy with..... Have a wonderful New Year!!!!!!!
Message 36 of 105
latest reply

Hi Sweet_feet>4_u. Unhappy with Dr. Denese products. Where do you by your skincare regimen. I'd like to try them.
Thanks,
Message 37 of 105
latest reply

The Hydroshield yes it feels slippery but you have to wait a couple of minutes & it will absorb. Take your time when applying this serum. I luv her most of her products have not tried them all. Luv her spf 30 defense day cream with matte finish always receive compliments on this. Remember when applying lotions & potions thinnest to thickest with moisturizers being last & you do not have to do it all in one day. Thanks I hope this has been a little helpful. You will eventually find something that works specifically for you
Message 38 of 105
latest reply

markgrma
Enthusiast
I think it all depends on what type of skin you have. Most people that I have heard from seem to really like Dr. D but other seem to have some sort of reaction. For example, in this Dr. Denese review most people are raving yet there's one (posted by prettyme) who says the cream made her break out. From what I'm reading here, it looks like if you have sensitive skin or are prone to break outs you should try something else. Organic based skincare lines for example are usually gentle and chemical free 🙂
Message 39 of 105
latest reply

The truth of the matter is that we can't take anyone's word for it when it comes to skin care lines. We have to try it for ourselves. No matter if 10 people don't like something while 1 person does, it still doesn't mean that you probably won't like it. We each have our own skin chemistry that sometimes will or will not work well with certain products. I wouldn't ever take any one person's word as the final word on something. There are tons of reviews from people that DO love Dr. Denese skin care so who can ignore that and go with one person's review. The only way to do things right is to use it yourself. I've used things that people have sworn by and I've hated them! And vice versa! No offense to original poster, she's not write or wrong about her opinion! Just like I wouldn't tell everyone to buy something because I personally love it because that doesn't mean they will too!
Message 40 of 105
latest reply

viwanton
Thrill-Seeker
I like the 30 SPF day cream, but don't find her other products very special
Message 41 of 105
latest reply

flashcrumbles
Enthusiast

Seasons Greetings,

First, I'd like to thank you for your honesty and making the move to share it with us age esacaping people. I almost fell for it because she's a doctor. Shame on Dr. Denese! When a commercial came on while watching her ageless info special, that's when I went to my computer to check what anyone else had to say. As I suspected, if she(the doctor) actually wanted to help us, she'd have given a few examples of 'other' product lines we could all try. NOT just give us all this brilliant info just to promote her own ish. I'm so tired of the lies...Dang, if it works, we'll buy it, but don't keep lying to us. We don't all have a doctors salary to blow on crap products. So much for equality huh?! LOL

Stay strong sista woman! And Merry Christmas!! 

Message 42 of 105
latest reply

saxomyfone
Enthusiast
How can you possibly decide wether to try these products or not based on reviews? They are love or hate with nothing in the middle! Since people are more likely to get online to complain, I bought the Dr Denese set from PBS for $150.

My skin is a wreck and has been this way since I was born. No joke. My mother used to Lin me down and coat me with Vaseline after every bath. My entire body is a dried up husk. Pumice stones sand paper, and worse I have used. Deematologists tell me to use Eucerine all over! It leaves a grease coating over the top of thw vusibke dead skin. Exfoliate and it's replaced with new dead peeling skin, all year long. You can imagine my face, the worse of all. Add to that acne and huge cysts under the skin. It has reached the point that every time I leave the house I take a light pumice stone to my face, then use packing tape to remove the dead peels, tweezers for the missed, and if all that fails, I get in the shower and peel off the wet dead skin with my fingers. You might say that this routine causes more dead skin. It does not. I'm disabled and leave my house a few times a week. Before that, the rest of my life has. Even like this since I was old enough to get teased as a kid. I've tried every prescription and OTC face cream. They all burn my skin, or do nothing at all. Alba burns like acid. Sometimes water burns my skin!! My face peels like sunburned skin every day, yet the skin under the peels is not dry, thus the acne thrives too. I get rashes and blisters from priducts and am allergic to vit E. So when I find any product that doesn't cause burning and irritation, I pay attention!

With that said... It's only been a week, but none of Dr. Deneses products have caused any skin irritation or pain. I got a ton of whiteheads for 2 days, then they left. The cysts and pimples remain, but blackheads and pores look better. Even the exfoliation pads don't burn, just tingle like a diluted noxema. No other exfoliating product has been tolerable. I do not wash my face though, never have. I only use a bit of witch hazel and wash with my bare hands. All the dirt sticks to the dead skin, which comes off with tape or my fingers in the shower. I should mention I wear no make up, only Bare Minerals for cover up and mineral veil. Liquid make up makes the edges of my peeling skin stick up as if highlighted. Gross.

Here's a break down of the products **these are HUGE containers that will last me over a year!
Serum. Haven't a clue what it is for, but it feels like a makeup primer. I scrub away then put this on before the water has evaporated from my skin. This serum feels silky and absorbs quickly. I don't know what it does, but it feels nice.
Under eye. Feels like the serum. It will last years. Wrinkled look the same
Over eye. Like a thin lotion. Will last forever. No difference in a week
Day cream. This is thick and silky, and tinted. It doesn't seem to soak in much and takes a while. I don't like it because it looks like foundation which highlights all my flaking skin. I need my lotion all over.. It highlights the hair on my face and eyebrows. If not for the tint, I'd like it. Love the sunscreen in one!
Night cream. With my skin, this can be used in the day. It's not greasy or heavy and absorbs quickly. It doesn't burn like most night creams either. I'm still flaky in the morning, but the skin below is OK. For most people, this would be enough at night.
Exfoliation pads. These amazingly enough don't burn my sensitive skin, even open sores. It tingles like a toner and if you missed dirt picks it up. One pad is enough to do my face and neck plus a test patch on my scaly leg. There's a bit improvement in my flaky skin in a week, but I can see a difference on my leg, but no other exfoliation properties. I'd consider these more cleansing and my pores look better. I use them in them on days I don't exfoliate in the shower, every other day.

I'll give it 5 more weeks and write back if there is a change. Hopes this helps someone!
Message 43 of 105
latest reply

bmar2297
Enthusiast

I totally agree! I've never had anything so effectively and gently exfoliate and moisturize my skin. I love this stuff. I'm 57 yrs old, and have been using the product for six months now. My skin looks youthful and pink. Before, I had dry patches even though I was using other products with ALA, Vit C, etc. I've been looking for this all my adult life. Thank you Dr. Denese!

Message 44 of 105
latest reply

matchmaker24
Enthusiast

NONE OF THESE PRODUCTS WORK!  I ordered Dr. Denese's 11 product package off of PBS to contribute to PBS.  I've never used a skin care line and thought I'd be doing a good deed and see if this works.  I used them diligently as recommended for 5-6 months and if anything I ended up with worse skin and wrinkles!  I would NOT recommend wasting your money on this line.  Many of the products were drying or I was unable to use them at all.  If there are any good reviews they are probably fake as I used 11 products and none of them was any good.  CLEARLY DR. DENESE HAS HAD WORK DONE AS HER SKIN CARE LINE SURELY DID NOT MAKE HER LOOK AS SHE LOOKS!

Message 45 of 105
latest reply