cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discontinued Hair Products you wish they still made!

ouroldtoybox
Enthusiast
Why do they make a great product that works excellent for your hair and that other people like also, and then discontinue making it???

I wish they still made Matrix Essentials Sculpting Glaze and Matrix Simply Silk Detangling Rinse. Another fave of mine was the Matrix Vavoom Pomousse

Anyone in the same problem as me??
Message 1 of 183
latest reply
182 REPLIES 182

Pantene Pro V's original smell was the BEST!!!
Also, does anyone remember the shampoo Flex Light and Free?? I know they still make Flex shampoo, but not the Light and Free one anymore 😞
The original smell of Pert Plus was great too!!
Message 76 of 183
latest reply

Anybody remember the OLD FORMULA for Wash and Curl? It came in two strengths, regular and extra strength. Although it promoted itself as a shampoo that would encourage your natural curly hair to form curls, it was AWESOME for thin, straight hair, giving it a lot of body but not curls.

I loved it! It disappeared and then returned in a newly designed bottle. But it is NOT the same formula and the new one is terrible.

Also, Mane and Tail shampoo for horses. It caught on with people and the company saw a marketing option. It came back diluted, more expensive and does not seem to be the same rich formula. Anyway, it does not work the same.
Message 77 of 183
latest reply

This jars my memory of an amino pons soap.The color was reddish and it smelled toooo good to use.They still make that ??
Message 78 of 183
latest reply

swede73
Enthusiast
I always thought Tame Creme Rinse smelled real good.
Message 79 of 183
latest reply

awesome*triathlete
Enthusiast
does anyone know the name of the shampoo came out about 15 years ago, u could buy it at walmart. it came in a brown bottle like the one pantene first came out in. u pushed the top and it would pop up....i cannot remember the name and i dont think they make it anymore but if i could get the name id be so happy

sammie,
the only one i can think of that came in a brown bottle is Vidal Sassoon. could that be it?

I also miss the original Herbal Essence green shampoo. dang that brings back memories of high school days 🙂
Message 80 of 183
latest reply

dorciestorms
Enthusiast
I noticed that NO ONE mentioned VO5 Hair Repair or VO5 Mend and Defend Conditioner. I would be willing to pay over the amount charged for some of that. Seems all of the VO5 products have gone wayside. Also Clairol had a conditioner in a small white plastic bottle. You would leave it in your hair when you rolled your hair and then when it was dry, it became very soft and shiny..Anyone know about this stuff?
Message 81 of 183
latest reply

Does anyone notice bath and body works lotins and cream have been drying! Ive always loved there products! the brand new creams arent any good. if u stick with the pear or peach "older creams" u should be okay!
Message 82 of 183
latest reply

**good_rockin_faith**
Trailblazer
Aussie Knot Forgotten was great for my hair & my children's hair. Finesse Mousse for curly hair. Finesse Shampoo & Conditioner for dry hair. I think that every time I have this great find they are going to discontinue it now.LOL Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Live simply that others might simply live. ~ Elizabeth Seaton
Message 83 of 183
latest reply

poorhouse757
Enthusiast
I REALLY miss the VO5 Henna shampoo formula. It was great, along w/the conditioner.
Message 84 of 183
latest reply

New Image thermal active root lift

i just discovered they discontinued it. I am in shock. I must look for a new great awesome mousse now, Thank goodness I never threw the other bottle away phew'!
Message 85 of 183
latest reply

I loved the Matrix Essentials Simply Silk too and cannot find an alternative at all that is as good. I wonder the same thing, why stop making such a good thing?
Message 86 of 183
latest reply

nothing worse than having a few drops of some hair ESSENTIAL left and finding out they discontinued it! HATE THAT!!
Message 87 of 183
latest reply

I miss the old scent of Aussie shampoo. And I really like the St. Ives shampoo.
Message 88 of 183
latest reply

kosk29
Enthusiast
How about Body on Tap??? It was supposed to be made with beer. 😉
I also agree with some others here, I miss the old, original smells of products. I remember when I bought a bottle of Johnson's Baby Shampoo for my son and was so disappointed cause I was waiting for that smell!!! Well, I was not happy. I used Agree when I was a kid/teen and my hair would smell really strong. Flex shampoo smelled good and Tame conditioner was a fave. Oh, the old days, bring them back.
Message 89 of 183
latest reply

spessa
Enthusiast
Johnson's Baby Shampoo - Detangling formula (it was pink) was the best but they reformulated it over this past summer and it saddens me. Luckily I still have a half bottle. And it's been discontinued so recently that I still have a chance to find some. My quest lead me here...

Message me if you see some in a store near you!
Message 90 of 183
latest reply