cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discontinued Hair Products you wish they still made!

ouroldtoybox
Enthusiast
Why do they make a great product that works excellent for your hair and that other people like also, and then discontinue making it???

I wish they still made Matrix Essentials Sculpting Glaze and Matrix Simply Silk Detangling Rinse. Another fave of mine was the Matrix Vavoom Pomousse

Anyone in the same problem as me??
Message 1 of 183
latest reply
182 REPLIES 182

The original Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo...not the stuff they pass off today as Herbal Essences:-(

My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet. -Edith Wharton.

Message 2 of 183
latest reply

needs_and_nessesities
Trailblazer
The original Amino Pon shampoo from Redken. They say they still make it, it's not the same.

Back To Basics Get Shine shampoo and conditioner. I loved that smell so much, and people used to try to get close to me and smell my head. Hey, maybe I don't want that one back after all, lol.

LIGHT spray gels. I am sick of waxes and pastes. Mousses could use a makeover too. I would be glad to find any styling product that does not smell like fruit of some sort.
Message 3 of 183
latest reply

cher*my*closet
Enthusiast
suave lavender shine gel =(
Message 4 of 183
latest reply

ravensmagiclantern
Enthusiast
Hmmm, I think it was called Flirt, a haircolour that came in these funky boxes. Wonderful colors too.
Message 5 of 183
latest reply

2packrats4ever
Thrill-Seeker
Wella Balsam hair conditioner.

NOTHING gets out tangles and leaves shine like that stuff did back in the late '70's and early '80's.........

Image hosting by TinyPic

Message 6 of 183
latest reply

Redken NYC So Long Shampoo and conditioner in the tall light purple bottle 🙂
Message 7 of 183
latest reply

the_enchanted_cat
Enthusiast
Breck Lemon Creme Rinse - the best stuff on the planet for long, very thick hair, bar none.

Johnson's Baby Shampoo - the original formula. It was changed several years ago and now it's awful.

And I agree about the original Clairol Herbal Essences & the Amino Pon!
Message 8 of 183
latest reply

hurrygetitnow
Enthusiast
how about " Gee your hair smells terrific " Anyone remember that ? I don't really remember if it was good for your hair or not but it sure did really smell good !
Message 9 of 183
latest reply

pan35pan
Enthusiast
Perma Soft was one of my faves..also Finesse before they changed it. The older scent to Colorvive was nice until they changed that too. I have seen "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" in our local .99 stores...maybe I should grab a few and listem..LOL
Message 10 of 183
latest reply

Although I always hated Rave products, they had a finishing creme that was awesome and at only $2 a bottle. Now I have to spend 5 or 6 for a similar product that has a smaller amount.

Message 11 of 183
latest reply

sommrluv
Enthusiast
I pined away for Revlon outrageous Shampoo for years...but I just found out they sell it in Canada..That might be true for some of your stuff too. I googled, and found some chick actually sold it on Ebay and bought a years supply.

It took forever to get here, but so worth it. I don't think it 'does' anything for my hair, but it smells awesome!
Message 12 of 183
latest reply

Oh yeah, I splurge on some Revlon Outrageous conditioner every now and again. Great stuff!

I also miss Tame conditioner.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate.

The lurkers favorite poster!

Message 13 of 183
latest reply

msilva311
Enthusiast
Joico spray gel. My hair died the day they stopped.
Message 14 of 183
latest reply

Psssst -- dry shampoo. If they still make it, I can't find it!
Message 15 of 183
latest reply