cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discontinued Hair Products you wish they still made!

ouroldtoybox
Enthusiast
Why do they make a great product that works excellent for your hair and that other people like also, and then discontinue making it???

I wish they still made Matrix Essentials Sculpting Glaze and Matrix Simply Silk Detangling Rinse. Another fave of mine was the Matrix Vavoom Pomousse

Anyone in the same problem as me??
Message 1 of 183
latest reply
182 REPLIES 182

im-shopping
Enthusiast
All so interesting 🙂 I would only use salon hair products on my hair though. Never used drugstore stuff........
Message 46 of 183
latest reply

The original Herbal Essence is not made any longer. It has only been discontinued for about 2 years though so you will still find some out there.

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail but a great friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Darn, that was fun!"

The lurkers favorite poster!

Message 47 of 183
latest reply

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it appears that they are only selling the fragrance oil, rather than a usable shampoo:(

Have you looked at ebay for this? Two sellers are listing it at over $50 a bottle. Wow.
Message 48 of 183
latest reply

tsizemore1
Enthusiast
I loved wella balsam shampoo..the scent was so clean and fresh.
Message 49 of 183
latest reply

L'oreal has a product like Clairol Flirt called Color Pulse. I saw fLIRT in my grocery store last week though. I thought it was a new product. Maybe they just put it back on the market? It was in a pink funky package.

I loved the Clairol Daily Defense and Renewal 5x stuff. I used Vavoom when I was a kid. And the original Salon Selectives.
Message 50 of 183
latest reply

Since we're talking discontinued, I have a thread up asking some questions
Message 51 of 183
latest reply

krunfree
Enthusiast
You guys have got to try Arbonne's shampoo, conditioner and hair revitalizer Intelligence line. It has a nanosphere system that gives your hair what it needs. It actually self adjusts. This system has been know to help those with thinning hair too. Concentrated and goes a very long way. 45 day money back guarantee to boot! Questions email me 🙂
Message 52 of 183
latest reply

Shampoo and conditioner can not "self adjust" to give your hair what it needs. I can not believe anyone would seriously believe that but, like the saying goes, there's a sucker born every minute.

Lemme guess, you sell this stuff? Advertising is not allowed on the boards.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

The lurkers favorite poster!

Message 53 of 183
latest reply

sammie3377
Enthusiast
does anyone know the name of the shampoo came out about 15 years ago, u could buy it at walmart. it came in a brown bottle like the one pantene first came out in. u pushed the top and it would pop up....i cannot remember the name and i dont think they make it anymore but if i could get the name id be so happy
Message 54 of 183
latest reply

Wow, I don't ever recall a shampoo that was in a brown bottle. Hopefully someone will come along and have an answer.
Message 55 of 183
latest reply

grantham93
Enthusiast
I just found this board and so totally agree with you guys. I have searched for Revlon Outrageous in all my local stores for so long, with no avail and then tried eBay. I found someone selling it on there. Love that stuff.

I hated it when Pantene revamped their scent a few years ago. It just doesn't smell the same. I loved that clean, fresh scent of the original stuff. Why do they do that?
Message 56 of 183
latest reply

cleopatra*s_boudoir
Thrill-Seeker
I loved Pantene's original scent!!!
Sincerely,
Mrs. Grace Hummel
Perfume Bottle Identification & Appraisal Services Available.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 57 of 183
latest reply

swede73
Enthusiast
Thermasilk changed their scent a while back, and of course they didn't make it better. Why do they do that??? My daughter uses it and we went all over the place trying to find older bottles with the older scent. Grrrr!!!
Message 58 of 183
latest reply

sbtier
Scout
There used to be a leave-in conditioner called 'So Fine' in the 80s that was great for my thick, frizzy hair. It sprayed a fine, continuous mist. I think it was discontinued because of CFCs. 🙂

They recently changed L'Oreal's Color Vive conditioner and it's horrible now. Used to make my hair silky, now it makes my hair look like the hair on an old doll! Looking for something new now....
Message 59 of 183
latest reply

Some of these posts bring back memories and make me laugh....it never fails that once I find a product I really like it seems the manufacturers have some type of radar and quit making it....I agree with the posters who mentioned "gee your hair smells terrific"....that was my ultimate favorite....I always thought I was "it" after using it....I liked the Suave lavender styling gel too.....I'm a product combiner and when that went away it took me a long time and lot's of $ finding a replacemt...I liked the "revitalique" haircolor and boom that went away too....they say when something works don't fix it..;-)
Message 60 of 183
latest reply