cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discontinued Hair Products you wish they still made!

ouroldtoybox
Enthusiast
Why do they make a great product that works excellent for your hair and that other people like also, and then discontinue making it???

I wish they still made Matrix Essentials Sculpting Glaze and Matrix Simply Silk Detangling Rinse. Another fave of mine was the Matrix Vavoom Pomousse

Anyone in the same problem as me??
Message 1 of 183
latest reply
182 REPLIES 182

They don't make Psssst anymore. Discontinued about 3 years ago.

Bunny art rules!

Have you hugged your {{{{{bunny}}}}} today?

The lurkers favorite poster!

Message 16 of 183
latest reply

daisie_mae
Enthusiast
When I was in high school, I used a shampoo called "L'Envie." I wore a musk perfume and I hated when my hair and laundry products forced their fruity/floral/april-fresh fragrance on me, so I was thrilled to discover L'Envie which came in a musk scent. The whole gimmick was that they were available in "perfume" fragrances, but I don't know what any of the other choices were. I just used the musk, and I loved it! I switched to Salon Selectives at some point, and didn't even notice my old favorite had disappeared until fairly recently. Speaking of Salon Selectives, has anyone seen those around lately? I don't think I have....
Message 17 of 183
latest reply

2packrats4ever
Thrill-Seeker
Remember the shampoo & conditioner called..........GEE YOUR HAIR SMELLS TERRIFFIC~??

That stuff really did smell good.

Image hosting by TinyPic

Message 18 of 183
latest reply

sommrluv
Enthusiast
They do make dry shampoos for hospital use...it's a lifesaver when you're attached to an IV! It might not be that brand though.
Message 19 of 183
latest reply

I e-mailed Clairol after seeing a bottle of the green Herbal essence selling on ebay for over $100 a bottle!! I got a nice reply indicating that they just don't see the market interest, and are therefore not bringing it back, LOL. Probably some number cruncher that needs to spend a little time on the chats.
Message 20 of 183
latest reply

bluegrass*girl
Enthusiast
I "had" a full bottle of the original Herbal essense awhile ago. I still have half a bottle and I absolutely LOVE using it. I do on occasion - but mostly I don't because I love the smell so much and like to open it up and breathe it in. So if I list half a bottle it would actually sell?? Our old home town drug store had 4 bottles in stock from the 70's in a back room and had it out on the shelves - I bought all 4 - that was 4 years ago. Now I wish I had kept it all and not used it. BAR NONE it was the BEST!
Message 21 of 183
latest reply

You can't sell used cosmetics on Ebay. Don't know if they'd extend that to a half used bottle of shampoo or not.

Salon Selectives is still around but they totally changed the look of them (and the formula) several years ago. The new version isn't as nice as the old version.

Dry and no-rinse shampoos are still made, just not the Psssst brand.

Bunny art rules!

Have you hugged your {{{{{bunny}}}}} today?

The lurkers favorite poster!

Message 22 of 183
latest reply

wouldn't the joke be on us that the reason they have changed all the formulas is because they were all carcenogenic? The hidden ingredient in Wella Balsam would be asbestos or the like!!!!! Go figure.
Message 23 of 183
latest reply

I just got the Vermont Country Store catalog and they had PSSSSSST Instant Spray Shampoo in it for $11.95! Just google the store name and go from there...

Hilky2

Message 24 of 183
latest reply

bluegrass*girl
Enthusiast
If you do a search on ebay there is indeed a half bottle of herbal essense shampoo being sold on it!! I saw it yesterday and that's why I wondered about half a bottle being worth anything. I guess we'll see when the person's auction ends!
Message 25 of 183
latest reply

needs_and_nessesities
Trailblazer
dull, it is unfortunately the other way around. Most products in the drug store or discount retailers have much cheaper and more chemical laden formulas now. I do not use them for that very reason. The shampoo, soap and other products I usually use have been made the same way with the same ingredients for 10's if not 100's of years. New and improved, my foot.
Message 26 of 183
latest reply

jecca3
Enthusiast
I don't know where you live (the one asking for Psssssst) BUT I live 30 minutes above Chicago & it is at Walgreens AND Wal-Mart where the gels, 'ethnic hair products' BOTTOM shelf Also Jewel (Albertson's)... If someone wanted it baaaad it's $5!!! not $11.95 craziness! I would definitely have no problem getting the stuff for someone so they didn't have to pay double 🙂 Jecca
Message 27 of 183
latest reply

jecca3
Enthusiast
OMG! I just checked & someone is trying to sell PSSSSSSST for over $11! That's It, I'm going to get some at Wal-Mart & list it at it's TRUE price so the people who really want it aren't paying double. Also it's a good Bumble & Bumble substitute (white one) & for Klorane also, which runs $15+ Take Care 🙂 Jecca
Message 28 of 183
latest reply

eladen
Enthusiast
Now I am going to HAVE to go and get some of this PSSSSST stuff....Thanks ALOT...LOL 😉

Is it ok to use on colored/highlighted hair?

I miss the Salon Selectives original products and Finesse's original scent.

Nedale

~ Nedale
Message 29 of 183
latest reply

jecca3
Enthusiast
Oh, yeah. Actually, the lighter the hair, the better. I only recommend it for light brown up to blond. If you go a day & put a shower cap on & don't wet your hair, & then you have some oil on your roots for this to stick to, you have such volume from the stuff! You spray it on your roots only, wait, & then rub it in. I always do it for when I go out at night. I went & bought some bottles of it & listed it for 50 cents over my cost to cover my gas, so if you want to, just click on my view items, & it'll be there 🙂 Take Care for now! Jecca
Message 30 of 183
latest reply