cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BROUGHT A COACH BAG

HELLO I BROUGHT A COACH BAG AND TRYING TO SEE IF IT'S AUTHENTIC THE NO# K0671-10619

THANKS REGINA 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: BROUGHT A COACH BAG

That is not an eBay item #.

We would need to see an actual picture of the actual bag.  Wouldn't the time to question the authenticity of a bag be BEFORE purchase?  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

There are people who visit this forum who can help you but they need to see photos (usually front, back, interior, stitching, brand markings, etc.)  showing the details of your bag to help you determine authenticity.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Did it go through authentication before you "bought" it? Do you have a picture you could share?  The serial number doesn't really help.  A photo or item number would be more helpful.  Help us help you.  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@reginkirklan-0 

No item can be authenticated with just a serial number. We need to see pictures of the actual bag. 

Please post some, starting with the front, back and interior creed patch.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@reginkirklan-0 wrote:

HELLO I BROUGHT A COACH BAG AND TRYING TO SEE IF IT'S AUTHENTIC THE NO# K0671-10619

THANKS REGINA 

GO TO A COACH STORE

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

WRONG

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

@reginkirklan-0 wrote:

THANKS REGINA 

GO TO A COACH STORE

That's the last place I'd recommend as a source of accurate information. Coach employees are trained to sell current items that are in their stores now. They aren't trained to authenticate and in fact, their company policy prohibits them from do so. 

And those that violate their company policy by attempting to authenticate items get it wrong about 50% of the time! 

Again, I recommend @reginkirklan-0 post pictures here. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@yhlml wrote:

WRONG

It worked for me

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@stuff4divas wrote:

@reginkirklan-0 wrote:

THANKS REGINA 

GO TO A COACH STORE

That's the last place I'd recommend as a source of accurate information. Coach employees are trained to sell current items that are in their stores now. They aren't trained to authenticate and in fact, their company policy prohibits them from do so. 

And those that violate their company policy by attempting to authenticate items get it wrong about 50% of the time! 

It worked for me

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

@stuff4divas wrote:

@reginkirklan-0 wrote:

THANKS REGINA 

GO TO A COACH STORE

It worked for me

@stuff4divas 

I'm glad it worked for you. 

In fact, I see that you sell some Coach items that are MFF. If someone were to take one of your items to a Coach store (not outlet), they would likely look up the style number, not find it in their computer system and deem it  fake. Outlet items aren't in FP stores' computer database and most boutique store employees don't have a clue about outlet items. 

I can't even count the number of times we've responded to posts in which an OP's listing was removed as fake after she'd called Coach to "verify" authenticity by reading the serial number. In some cases, a serial number can seem legitimate but it's incorrect for the fake item it's on. 

Example, there are dozens of fakes with M04K-5659 and others with A2J-6094 serial numbers. Those numbers can appear of an authentic bag but they're on dozens (if not hundreds) of fakes. Yet a Coach employee looking up that number would tell a caller or customer that it's genuine. 

Without seeing pictures of the actual item, there's NO WAY to accurately authenticate it. 

The only way to base an authentication on a serial number is if the serial number is a known invalid one. Then we know the bag it's on is fake. But a serial number by itself never proves an item is authentic. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

@stuff4divas wrote:

@reginkirklan-0 wrote:

THANKS REGINA 

GO TO A COACH STORE

It worked for me

@stuff4divas 

I'm glad it worked for you. 

In fact, I see that you sell some Coach items that are MFF. If someone were to take one of your items to a Coach store (not outlet), they would likely look up the style number, not find it in their computer system and deem it  fake. Outlet items aren't in FP stores' computer database and most boutique store employees don't have a clue about outlet items. 

I can't even count the number of times we've responded to posts in which an OP's listing was removed as fake after she'd called Coach to "verify" authenticity by reading the serial number. In some cases, a serial number can seem legitimate but it's incorrect for the fake item it's on. 

Example, there are dozens of fakes with M04K-5659 and others with A2J-6094 serial numbers. Those numbers can appear of an authentic bag but they're on dozens (if not hundreds) of fakes. Yet a Coach employee looking up that number would tell a caller or customer that it's genuine. 

Without seeing pictures of the actual item, there's NO WAY to accurately authenticate it. 

The only way to base an authentication on a serial number is if the serial number is a known invalid one. Then we know the bag it's on is fake. But a serial number by itself never proves an item is authentic. 

I don't know about that extra info re Coach serial #'s etc, so I took 3 Coach bags 3 different times to the Chicago Coach store (some years ago) and left them there to be verified authentic. I'm not real savvy about Coach, so wanted to make sure b4 I listed them.

I've done it for UGG items too, but in that case, I was lucky the manager was in the store and we got eBay on the phone and they spoke. Of course, that was years back when eBay had a dedicated TRS dept and acted a little more like a 'mom and pop' store. Days gone 😞

Message 12 of 12
latest reply