cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticator not giving any information when rejecting

Hi All!

I've had three handbags in a row declined, and I'm getting no notes whatsoever when declined. Losing ad and shipping fees on each one... erk...

Is anyone getting inspectors notes any more, so as to improve the ad for next time? If so can you tell me where you're seeing the inspector's notes? Thanks!

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

As I typed that I watched the pig gently flap it's wings on a 360° and disappear from view...... 😂 

Message 16 of 43
latest reply

So if I understand this, if I have a no returns policy and the buyer rejects the bag as NAD, then I don't actually refund them - but eBay does?

And they keep the bag? 

Message 17 of 43
latest reply

🐽har har

Message 18 of 43
latest reply

interesting... I thought everything on eBay was forced into 30 days return. I previously had a clothing store here and on a few other places... maybe I am remembering that from another place. I will investigate this no returns option. Seems like it would lead to some negative fb though...

Message 19 of 43
latest reply

I'm just using eBay's process against them. You have a detailed description as part of the authentication process, so how can a buyer then challenge NAD?

If so it makes the whole process invalid...... And why should I refund the buyer when eBay has "rubber stamped" the sale?

Message 20 of 43
latest reply

Hi. I don't see either of those links saying eBay will eat the sale.

I also am selling under the AG threshold. Some of these items I paid more than that limit, so best to perhaps sell them elsewhere. Hopefully eBay will straighten out this system.

Message 21 of 43
latest reply

They have to.W

ith my latest sale, they couldn't "confirm 100%" if a silk dustbag accompanying the bag on the listing was genuine, so told the buyer they'd return it to me. 

Today I had a message from the buyer telling me they'd actually sent it to her with the bag...... 

You couldn't make this up. 

Message 22 of 43
latest reply

I've seen in the instructions for sending to authentification, to not include dustbags at all. They will replace them with an eBay-branded dustbag. Seems like that might be yet another reason for them to reject. I've included the native dustbag each time so far, and again all 3 rejected. 

Message 23 of 43
latest reply

Can you link to that instruction? Thanks 

Message 24 of 43
latest reply

"

What should I include/not include in my shipment to the authentication facility?

You can include seller promotional materials, but please do not include seller branded dust bags. Original handbag packaging should be included if it is part of the item listing."

at

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-handbags-seller/

near the bottom in FAQ

Message 25 of 43
latest reply

Different for us sellers in the UK. We're expected to photograph the dustbag and other elements included in the sale. And send them with the bag. 

Message 26 of 43
latest reply

@galsmart wrote:

"

What should I include/not include in my shipment to the authentication facility?

You can include seller promotional materials, but please do not include seller branded dust bags. Original handbag packaging should be included if it is part of the item listing."

That's ambiguous! 

Dust bags are part of original packaging and most sellers show them when included. 

Yet if it's shown in the listing and you don't include them as per the instructions, that's a NAD waiting to happen! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 27 of 43
latest reply

Wow 2 I sold under GA level, both returned. Both newbies (zero feedback on both)! 

Message 28 of 43
latest reply

@galsmart wrote:

Wow 2 I sold under GA level, both returned. Both newbies (zero feedback on both)! 

You have a return policy so they can be returned for any reason.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 29 of 43
latest reply

Yeah I know. I thought it was absolutely required but I called eBay yesterday and got it all changed. Thanks for noticing that and telling me! I also blocked anybody with less than 5 feedbacks!

Message 30 of 43
latest reply