cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwarranted negative feedback. Ebay not backing sellers.

We had a customer buy an center cap  and istall it on their vehicle incorrectly . They contacted us and sent pics clearly showing they overtightened bolts and broke the cap and lot most of it.  They asked us to cancel the transaction. We explained that they damaged the item and had nothing to return since they lost it. We were left negative feedback. Their bad experience is not caused by us. We are getting tired of buyers not taking any personal responsibility or Ebay backing us up when this occurs. This wastes a lot of time and energy that can be used for posting more items. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

We are currently having the same issues. It's got that bad we had a Negative recently where the description said 'Maxi Poster'. The Buyer then said it's the wrong size, (Even though it's the only size we offer) eBay refused to remove it and said it was my job to prove the buyer was wrong. I said how can I prove this, we only offer one Size for this Poster (Maxi Size) It's there. But they said as the buyer left 'Disappointed, Doesn't fit my poster' comments, they said I can't dispute it. I basically said whats the point in me giving accurate descriptions then, if buyer can leave Negative Feedback from what they have read? and the response was it's the buyers experience. To be fair a lot of the Concierge Help is great and I do feel sorry for them as I can genuinely tell they want to help us, but new rules have clearly come in from higher up.

Even with a Poster with the Customer and a full refunf given, the only way they agreed to remove the feedback was I send a Framed Poster out to get him to remove it, which Is silly and costly.

We had another issue where the buyer lied constantly in their feedback and basically all eBay did was remove the comment. It's just at the stage now where we are literally paying customers off with freebies to get them to change their feedback, and even then we are limited to Feedback Revisions, so it will no doubt get to a point where I will have no interest to assist a Customer if it financially costs us as they cannot change their feedback 

Personally I think eBay need to completely re-do their feedback policy. I think a feedback score similar to a 'Credit Score' would be better. Something like a Arrowed Chart with 1-500. Where Speed of Delivery / Average Response Time / Description Of Products etc all plays a part, this way buyers cannot hold leverage against you and factors such as Delivery Speed / Your Response Communication Time / Amount of Cases closed without eBay stepping in,  all plays a part.

Effectively the buyer can only score you on their experience, so if the item is Delivered in time 500/500, your response time is quick 500/500 , but the buyer leaves a 1 out 500 you still get an Average score of 300/500 for that transaction, that would work far better as its a Score that's fairly based on the Whole Experience, not marked down on everything over a buyer being petty. 

iPosters - the cats whiskers for quality & service!
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I got a double wammy from a buyer with no feedback . She bought a rare stove top espresso maker that I had listed for 1 year. No takers at $120 , lowered to $98 , offered it at $78 no dice .   She offered $65 , so I took the offer.   She complained that the item was no good because I accepted her low offer.   Lied that it was rusted and scratched .  I sent her a refund and she left me a negative for my trouble of packing it and paying shipping both ways.   I asked , ebay to remove the feedback because I sent her a quick refund and she fabricated the story.   Nope , I lose on both ends .   

I also lost $1,300 because a lady didn't know how to plug in a steam kettle .  I called her and explained it was previously hard wired .  She can do the same or add a cord that matches your wall outlet . Now , if I added a cord before I shipped it , there was a 1 in 4 chance it would be the right one.    She just said gimmee my money because I don't care.  The return freight was $600 , so we lost everything.   Now , when people ask how an item works , I tell them no thanks .

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I had a customer buy 5 listings in 1 transaction (poker chips shipped in a cardboard envelope).  I shipped with tracking (USPS) and dropped in a BLUE USPS box.  USPS failed to scan it.  Apparently it got lost. buyer posted negative feedback without contacting me first to allow me to try to investigate or send more.  I contacted to customer and they told me I never sent items and called me a LIAR.  They had left me negative feedback 5x on a single transaction.  I can't fix the USPS but I can work with a customer if given the chance. 

A. If i get positive feedback from the same buyer 2x in 30 days it only counts once.  but negative feedback?  apprarently the more I bleed the more entertaining it is.  

B. I called ebay and was told that they would only count once.  however, my feedback is currently 98.6% and  5/319.  if they only counted once my score would be 99.686% (1/319) 

There seems to be NO avenue to question this Feedback rating!!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@

@1salt wrote:

I had a customer buy 5 listings in 1 transaction (poker chips shipped in a cardboard envelope).  I shipped with tracking (USPS) and dropped in a BLUE USPS box.  USPS failed to scan it.  Apparently it got lost. buyer posted negative feedback without contacting me first to allow me to try to investigate or send more.  I contacted to customer and they told me I never sent items and called me a LIAR.  They had left me negative feedback 5x on a single transaction.  I can't fix the USPS but I can work with a customer if given the chance. 

A. If i get positive feedback from the same buyer 2x in 30 days it only counts once.  but negative feedback?  apprarently the more I bleed the more entertaining it is.  

B. I called ebay and was told that they would only count once.  however, my feedback is currently 98.6% and  5/319.  if they only counted once my score would be 99.686% (1/319) 

There seems to be NO avenue to question this Feedback rating!!

The Good News is that those negatives will age off soon so your 12 month average will go up again.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 5 of 5
latest reply