cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on here Coach seller....mess

This bag was posted...no picture of creed. Listed originally as British tan and a pocket bag.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402131673532?ul_noapp=true

I asked for a creed picture and a finally just now got a message that says

"Hello I had to post it behind Rae Dunn teacher mug . In order for the pictures to stay. But u can look at it there."

I had to look for the Rae Dunn mug to find a brown creed patch...the bag posted is black.

Here is the photo

pocket code.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What is going on here Coach seller....mess

Seller says the bag is dark brown and she made errors in the listing. Hopefully it is fixed now.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Seller says the bag is dark brown and she made errors in the listing. Hopefully it is fixed now.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It still looks like the purse is dark brown and the creed is tan or light brown, and the seller still has style 9755 in the description and the listing says "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing". The seller also has 2 Neutrals and FIVE Negatives in the last 12 months, read their Feedback. Maybe its time to find another seller???

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I'm not interested in buying from her...was trying to help her. Sometimes, people need a bit of help. They may not take it but it's good to try all the same. 

She has another listing that is a mess to for another Coach bag without a creed.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I sent her several messages giving her infor that was wrong...she didn't seem to want to take much advice. I think once she gets reported, it might sink in.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@zyanyatreasures wrote:

I sent her several messages giving her infor that was wrong...she didn't seem to want to take much advice. I think once she gets reported, it might sink in.

Just a word of advice. 

1. I sent her several messages giving her infor that was wrong...she didn't seem to want to take much advice.

She doesn't want your help and in sending unsolicited "helpful" advice (no matter how well-intentioned you are), you are risking being reported for misuse of the messaging system. That would (at best) ding your account. 

2. I think once she gets reported, it might sink in.

What are you reporting for? Assuming the picture is of the actual creed in the bag, it's a genuine Coach bag. I hope you aren't reporting because she made a mistake in her description. 

If every seller was reported who used "vintage" for non-vintage bags, "Bonnie Cashin era" for bags made 30 years after BC's death, "Willis" for any bag that's not a Willis, etc., ebay wouldn't have time to do anything else besides delete reports. And they certainly wouldn't get acted on! 

If the seller doesn't post good descriptions, clear photos, accurate information, she'll have trouble selling her items. But an authentic bag should NEVER be reported. 

JMHO.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I didn't report her. What I meant was that if she gets reported by someone who thinks her bag isn't real.

I didn't harass her! I asked her a question because I was originally interested in the bag. I asked her for a creed picture pure and simple and asked her about the bag color.

She asked me what was wrong with the bag and I let her know it wasn't the bag but the posting and tried to help her.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I wasn't accusing you. But there have been cases where "no good deed goes unpunished" in which a member gives a seller a heads up about authenticity (or lack thereof) or other misinformation in a listing.

Too often, sellers know what they're peddling and they have been known to report the messenger. I know someone who got naru'ed for letting sellers know that items weren't authentic.

My post is simply meant to be a caveat.

In the case of the listing you've asked about, the seller ended the listing and relisted with correct info (as well as a higher price)!
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@zyanyatreasures wrote:

I didn't report her. What I meant was that if she gets reported by someone who thinks her bag isn't real.

I didn't harass her! I asked her a question because I was originally interested in the bag. I asked her for a creed picture pure and simple and asked her about the bag color.

She asked me what was wrong with the bag and I let her know it wasn't the bag but the posting and tried to help her.

Albertas right, what to you may have been well-meaning advice could have been read as criticism or smart-alec-ism by the seller. You never know how someones going to react. Not just by reporting the person to Ebay, but replying back to tell him or her to "mind your own blankety-blank business". Weve seen both reactions. In fact it sounds like you responded to albertas advice the same way someone youd contacted might have responded to yours.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 9 of 9
latest reply