cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentic Coach? Bonnie?

6 REPLIES 6

Authentic Coach? Bonnie?

Im not sure if anyone here is a Cashin expert. I can suggest another site that DOES have Cashin experts if no one here feels comfortable giving an opinion.

Always remember that without any kind of verifiable stamp or label, there's no way to be sure its either a Cashin or a Coach. Styles cant be copyrighted, any company can copy another companys design legally and many do. That includes those kisslock pockets. A kisslock pocket doesnt prove its a Cashin purse, just like having a turnlock cant prove that a purse was made by Coach OR Cashin.

Theres also plenty of misinformation on the internet that get tossed around a lot when talking about authenticating Cashin and Coach and almost every word is complete nonsense, so please dont depend on various "authenticity guides" on the 'net for accuracy.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Authentic Coach? Bonnie?

I agree. Not worth the risk...but someone will.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Authentic Coach? Bonnie?

"Always remember that without any kind of verifiable stamp or label, there's no way to be sure its either a Cashin or a Coach. "

Therefore the listing should not indicate that the bag is Cashin/Coach, right? Is it reportable?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Authentic Coach? Bonnie?

KWS?
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Authentic Coach? Bonnie?

@baginhand wrote:
"Always remember that without any kind of verifiable stamp or label, there's no way to be sure its either a Cashin or a Coach. "

Therefore the listing should not indicate that the bag is Cashin/Coach, right? Is it reportable?

Id say no but thats just my own opinion. Maybe it actually IS a Coach or Cashin purse, and the seller got lucky and her description turns out to be right. If no one can prove that its not actually what she says it is, they shouldnt be reporting it. Its a fine line, I admit, but unless Bonnie Cashin herself rises from her grave and says "thats not one of my designs" theres no way to really know.

JMO.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Authentic Coach? Bonnie?

Thanks, that's pretty much what I decided too. I would hate to report something that wasn't proven fake!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply