cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Coach Authentication

Good afternoon. I would just like to say that this ebay Community Site has offered me COUNTLESS authentication References in the past and I have been MORE Than Delighted, Happy and Appreciative of the knowledge That these EXPERTS on this site have done for the Vintage Coach 'World'. I just wish these People that are supposed to be here to HELP you would freely share their Knowledge. I believe NOT to do so is VERY Deceiving!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Vintage Coach Authentication

Just curious.

May I ask who the "people who are supposed to be here to help you" are?

I thought those who helped were volunteers. Since when is someone supposed to help?

And what's deceiving? That they don't turn over their years and years worth of research, notes, images, etc. to you?!?! 

Please explain! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@vintagecoachcult wrote:

Good afternoon. I would just like to say that this ebay Community Site has offered me COUNTLESS authentication References in the past and I have been MORE Than Delighted, Happy and Appreciative of the knowledge That these EXPERTS on this site have done for the Vintage Coach 'World'. I just wish these People that are supposed to be here to HELP you would freely share their Knowledge. I believe NOT to do so is VERY Deceiving!

If youve got something to say against any the people here, SAY IT. Stop doing what cowards do and hiding behind vague accusations and Twitter-type rants. Theres enough of that kind of poison in this world already.

The people who worked long and hard to gain all that knowledge that you seem to feel is your right to have handed to you with no work or appreciation on your part have every right in the world to decide who they share it with! Were not hiding on private websites or Facebook pages requiring secret passwords and devotion to the "chief" in order to become a member of some secret society, our information that we found with time-consuming serious RESEARCH is all over the internet for anyone who knows how to look. If someone cant be bothered to look for answers, why should someone who has done the looking just hand it to them? And if we disagree with someone elses postings or so-called research we say it right up front instead of calling names and insulting other people behind closed internet doors. So whos being deceptive?

What the heck is your problem with "these People that are supposed to be here to HELP"? If you have something valid to say, then say it. The only person who seems to be complaining about not being helped is you.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I don’t read Coach threads but this thread was sent to me as we seem to be having train wrecks lately which serves no one.

I don’t understand how someone who authenticates a label on this board can frequently be asking others for help on that same label. Either one knows a label or they don’t and no one should ever expect anyone here to teach “Label 101”.

It’s enough IMO that those of us who post on specific labels do so freely to help others from selling or buying fakes but IMO that’s enough and to expect anything more than that is unreasonable.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

After reading your statement I have admit I am puzzled as 2 why u posted this statement all actually

And why someone who seems 2 depend on the generosity and hard earned knowledge of others would dare 2 state that not sharing this information was DECEPTITVE REALLY How is that deceptive?

The words that come 2 mind is a huge sense of entitlement which u clearly r misguided in this belief
Any knowledge Coach provide to u is a gift 2 you not a right.

I seriously question how many community members will be willing 2 assist u in the future after this post.
Sorry but I get the feeling u r in effect doing yourself a great disservice by posting what u have because Coach experts may not want 2 help u now .
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

In response to the OPs claims that "some" members here are unhelpful, deceptive, and refuse to share our knowledge, I suggest that anyone who wants to see just how much weve tried to share and inform the OP read this February 9th post. The OPs comments start around message 23.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/Coach-Bag-Info/m-p/30667759#M104719

You cant teach someone who refuses to listen.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@terrycece62 wrote:

I seriously question how many community members will be willing 2 assist u in the future after this post.
Sorry but I get the feeling u r in effect doing yourself a great disservice by posting what u have because Coach experts may not want 2 help u now .

And now we've come full circle! 

albertabrightalberta

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Exactly alberta "don't bite the hand that feeds u" Isn"t that the old saying
yes, full circle it seems
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Member of the community as a reader, normally finding the info I need before having to ask,  but this time I had to post.

For previous threads the OP seems to have an ax to grind, because he has been called out on mistakes, he has not been in agreement with others opinions, etc...  to the point of "not letting it go".  If he is the expert he claims to be and only wants to help, why is coming to ask "from the mean people", to share what they know? This is totally ridiculous. Sorry, what it seems more obvious is that he opened a thread to stir the pot, and then have the chance once more to go to his FB page to claim to be the innocent victim, giving the impression to his members that he was attacked with no reason and asking those that are part of this forum or TPF, to stay away of his, because he wants no trouble. What a total hypocrite! 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I see there has been no response from the O,P. at all
INTERESTING
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@mhita-0 wrote:

Member of the community as a reader, normally finding the info I need before having to ask,  but this time I had to post.

For previous threads the OP seems to have an ax to grind, because he has been called out on mistakes, he has not been in agreement with others opinions, etc...  to the point of "not letting it go".  If he is the expert he claims to be and only wants to help, why is coming to ask "from the mean people", to share what they know? This is totally ridiculous. Sorry, what it seems more obvious is that he opened a thread to stir the pot, and then have the chance once more to go to his FB page to claim to be the innocent victim, giving the impression to his members that he was attacked with no reason and asking those that are part of this forum or TPF, to stay away of his, because he wants no trouble. What a total hypocrite! 

I think youve hit the nail right on the head. What goes around, comes around.

As others have also pointed out, if hes such a great authenticator, why does he keep coming here asking for our useless and "deceptive" opinions? It doesnt make sense.

Apparently hes trying to play Head Rooster over at "the selling site known as PM" lately. Theyre welcome to him.

A question for the sellers here - does Ebay have any kind of Rule that says an item listed here on Ebay cant also be listed on another website at the same time? I thought I remembered hearing that a while back, but the memory aint what it used to be.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@fashionclubgurl wrote:

A question for the sellers here - does Ebay have any kind of Rule that says an item listed here on Ebay cant also be listed on another website at the same time? I thought I remembered hearing that a while back, but the memory aint what it used to be.

I think at one time, ebay tried to restrict sellers from listing in more than one place but I believe that restriction isn't in place any more. (I think there was an uprising by sellers who claimed that they can list their items wherever they want.) 

Many sellers do list on more than one site and in such cases, if it sells on one venue, they quickly end their listing on other sites. Personally, I don't have a problem with that as long as they remember to end the no-longer-available items. 

Issues arise if an item sells on another site and the seller isn't fast enough or doesn't remember to end the ebay listing. If the item subsequently sells on ebay and the seller has to issue a refund for "out of stock," the seller's account gets a ding. 

Too many dings and the seller is either restricted from selling or sometimes suspended. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Thanks alberta!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@mhita-0 wrote:

"Hes gonna get caught, just you wait and see.

'Whys everybody always pickin' on me?' "

Message 14 of 14
latest reply