cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first handbag AND Ebay buy - is this Kate Spade bag real?

I bought a Large Black and White Patterson Drive Geraldine Crossbody Bag a month ago from Ebay. I'm happy to say this is my first handbag ever, and while I still love the look regardless of authenticity, would appreciate input if it's truly Kate Spade. Please let me know, as I'm relatively new to the handbag spiral. 

20200529_044322.jpg20200529_044340.jpg20200529_044421.jpg20200529_044431.jpg20200529_044524.jpg20200529_044558.jpg20200529_044655.jpg20200529_044728.jpg20200529_044744.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It looks fine to me.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It looks fine to me.
albertabrightalberta

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Glad that Alberta could authenticate your bag! I don’t know Kate Spade but did want to add that I hope you’ll reconsider not caring if a purchased item is authentic or not. You never want to carry a counterfeit no matter how cute you may think it is.

Beside potentially supporting terrorism, drug trade, child labor, etc. counterfeit items are usually dyed with toxic materials as they’re cheaper and can leach unto you. They’re bad stuff period. Even from a fashion standpoint, those that know the label will almost always be able to eyeball a fake when you carry one.

Please don’t wait a month to authenticate your purchases in the future. Come here and if you ever unwittingly purchase a counterfeit we can talk you through the claim process.

Enjoy your bag and use it in good health!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Excellent and valid points.
albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much! Oh, this made me so pleased. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for taking the time to write that up. In light of what you said, consider my stance reconsidered! I'll keep the advice in mind for future purchases.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

authentic! 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Maybe it would be better to ask these questions before you buy...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply