cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneaker Authenticator returns my sold pair of shoes for incorrect size

Hello, everybody.  I recently sold a pair of Christian Dior sneakers and merrily sent them to eBay's authenticator.  I just received a message that informs me that:

"The shoe size received is inconsistent with the size purchased or the size disclosed in the listing."

ebay shoe size.jpg

That ^^^ is what is under the tongue.  I referenced 3-4 size conversion tables and they uniformly said that a Euro 39 equates to a US size 8.5...which is how I listed the pair.

Can anybody enlighten me as to how to list these again and not get dinged by the authenticator?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sneaker Authenticator returns my sold pair of shoes for incorrect size

Hey There.. they would be a men's size 6. Hope this helps 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I would literally write what you did. " I referenced 3-4 size conversion tables and they uniformly said that a Euro 39 equates to a US size 8.5." This way you are saying for US it is 8.5 and for Euro it is 39. Cover all of your bases. Nothing else you can do. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the reply.  It would have been helpful for the authenticator to provide their learned wisdom as to what size they think the shoes are, but I was in the army...I understand how bureaucracies function.  Or dysfunction.  Here's the original listing title:

shoe2.PNG

Guess I will need to sell them on one of alternate marketplaces.  *shrugs*

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hey There.. they would be a men's size 6. Hope this helps 🙂

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ack.  I just googled "euro 39 us men's size 6" and...the internet says that a Euro 39 is a US men's 6/6.5 or a US women's 8/8.5/9.  I'm relatively new to selling and didn't think about the difference in US men's and women's sizes.  Thanks, DreamWeaver!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You're welcome. Dior has size charts right on their site if you look for comparable items. This should make things easier for you. Happy weekend!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Depending on the brand of shoes, I can wear from 38 to 41. Each brand's sizing is different. 

Personally, if I were listing them, I'd only list as 39 and not do any conversion of the size since the manufacturer doesn't show what they believe the US size is. 

On Uggs, their sizing label shows US, UK, Australia and Japan. When their label shows what the sizing conversions are, then I put it in the listing. But I only list as whatever size(s) are shown on the markings/label.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 7
latest reply