cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Sales in June 2018

Sales are more slow this year especially in June 2018. Is that normal or is it because ebay is using a different algorithm?

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Slow Sales in June 2018

Why are you fed up with watchers? Do you buy everything you look at in Marshall’s? The watchlist was created for the benefit of buyers not sellers. Watchers tell you your item is being seen by buyers.

I rarely buy an item I don’t watch first. If I figured this annoyed a particular seller I’d move on and buy elsewhere. 

Message 31 of 58
latest reply

My sales are down 45.6% this past month and severly down since April 2018.  I thought something was really wrong and that is how I ended up looking on this forum to see if I was alone in sales dropping at a ridiculous rate.  I see that I am not and that is really frustrating.

We work so hard to keep our sales up, source products, keep buyers happy, and then I hear that eBay is having "glitches" with their software and site.  Do I have any hope in getting my store or seller's fee's refunded???

FRUSTRATED SELLER!

Message 32 of 58
latest reply

I currently have an inventory that is 15% larger than what I had in June of last year (2017), yet my June 2018 sales were 79% lower than my sales of June 2017. May was similar too: May 2018 sales 58% lower than May 2017. 

I have no clue as to what is causing this shift. My feedback has always remained perfect and I have always sold mid- and high-level men's clothing, and this year I have even added women's jewelry, yet my sales are insanely lower. There is just nothing that can account for such a huge change. 

Message 33 of 58
latest reply

My sales have been absolutely dreadful Down over 50% from last year. They were on the up and up until all these technical problems
John Matthews
Message 34 of 58
latest reply

Yes mysales were slow also in June 2018 and I downsized my store to the least expensive subscription on July 1st.  Since then my sales have been non existent. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Message 35 of 58
latest reply

When searching on eBay, you have to scroll through tons of 'from China' sellers to get the odd seller 'from Canada' or US'. It is so frustrating! I knit and sell dog sweaters in the fall and winter months. Just checked to see if it would be worth putting them on earlier, and most of them are from Chinese sellers. Nice dog sweaters, very cheap prices, but that doesn't help sellers like me any.
Message 36 of 58
latest reply

I may have read somewhere that a lot their revenue is generated from overseas, hence, China.  Also, their stocks took a hit on 7/19 partly due  to sluggish market sales. This platform only confirms that eBay policies are hurting them more and hopefully they will overhaul their policies to benefit all sellers.

Message 37 of 58
latest reply

I just got my 60 day total and it was 99.00

I was selling over 2k per month just over a year ago and something changed. 

I cant afford tgis anymore going down to non subscription plan until things change.

1500 items and not one sale this month.

Message 38 of 58
latest reply

My sales in June & July are usually slow but the past 2 or 3 weeks have been the worst ever.  I am top rated plus and still many of my auctions last week had less than 5 views.  I am keeping my hopes up that August will be better but if this trend continues there is no point in continuing to try to sell things on ebay. 

Message 39 of 58
latest reply

Same here, no sales 3weeks out of 4! Called eBay twice n nothing gives! So fed up with the glitch but yet still have to pay store fees when there are 0 views!
Message 40 of 58
latest reply

I had the worst month in July since I started selling.  Good thing for my full time job.

Message 41 of 58
latest reply

You read my mind. Although, I did find things to list just haven't had the time, but I am glad for my full-time job.

Always place a HAPPY price on your items. You never know, one of your buyers may be HAPPY to buy it from you.
Message 42 of 58
latest reply

Finally, in July I sold about 6 items which is better than zero. eBay continues to have issues this time “specific sub style error message” in August 2018.  Listing is wasted energy at this point until they get it right so I will check back next week. I feel like this is becoming a comedy show lol.

Message 43 of 58
latest reply

Same.  I have more and better inventory listed than ever before in my E-Bay history and yet I have fewer sales than ever!  SOOOOO Frustrating!

Message 44 of 58
latest reply

It sickening, we loyal sellers that started ebay helped them get rich and now they slap us in the face

with their new search engine that has pretty much cut my income down 75%. 2 things play a big part in everyones

sales down.  1) there new search engine and 2, them letting thousands of China and foreign sellers flood the market with cheap free shipping items that clog everything up and lower sales. I say Thank You Ebay for back stabing us loyal sellers that have been with you since you started. Ebay sold us out to overseas riches. Let see if they do the right thing and help the small business people like they were, get back up. 

Message 45 of 58
latest reply