cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purse !!! help item pulled

Hi,

Just looking for some help. Long story short I buy storage units at auction and we got a unit with highend designer stuff. I Orignally tryed to list and use Ebay Authenic but listing never gave me a choice to try authentication service, So I just put purses in my thift store and sold them, I had around 5 LV I had recipts for 3 of them. Anyway I decied to list this one myself. I listed it for 3 days after it ended I listed it again last night, It got pulled as a fake. I was hopping for some input on this purse. Real or fake? I have alot more from this unit like prada shoes burrberry ect but its not worth the risk to list on ebay, In the off chance this purse is fake I dont want to sell it in my Thrift store either 

IMG_1478.jpgIMG_1479.jpgIMG_1480.jpgIMG_1481.jpgIMG_1482.jpgIMG_1486.jpgIMG_1488.jpgIMG_1489.jpg

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Purse !!! help item pulled

The black Chanel scarf shown above is fake.

Message 16 of 48
latest reply

@grapplingmonkey wrote:

Im not gonna relist this purse and probably none of the high end shoes. Any recomendations on authentication service for ebay on purses 

Post clear, detailed pics of any bags you are thinking of selling here. There are experts in many brands that post here.

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

You can try the authenticate4u website.  There are also other authentication websites that you can use.  Do your research on them first and see what the reviews for their services are like.  I know authenticate4u gets good reviews but it can take a while for them to authenticate the bag as they often get overwhelmed with requests.  I personally would not sell any high end handbag without getting it professionally authenticated first.  This definitely helps protect you as a seller.  It helps to make sure you don't accidentally sell a fake, and it also helps protect you against fraudulant buyers who claim a bag is fake so they can keep the bag (send you back a fake in place of your real bag) and also be refunded the money so you are out the real bag as well as whatever you sold the bag for.  Having the bag professionally authenticated also provides peace of mind to buyers that they are buying the 'real deal'.

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

I don't see any of the items shown above sold by you. Did you sell them on Ebay?

BTW, if any item is fake, it is illegal to sell them anywhere according to US Federal law.

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

I think the Fendi is a fake too.  It doesn't look right to me.

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

And the reason I think the Fendi is a fake is because I own two authentic Zucca print handbags which were bought from Fendi.  I don't own this particular bag, but Fendi is meticulous in their detail on their bags.  The Fs should line up with each other across the bag.  The Fs definitely do not line up anlong the left side of the bag which screams fake to me.

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

No not on ebay, I usually avoid categories that i could have problems in. Im not gonna list stuff here unless I get autenticaction first, but if i can sell something for 200 in the store that i would get 350 for on ebay i would allways choose that over work risk on ebay. I own a thrift store sold most of it there. 

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

I sold the fendi, it had papers and halogram tag on it.

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

Thank you I will check it out.

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

That one hasn't sold I bet thats why

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

Papers and a hologram doesn't make it real.  All of that can be faked.  There are plenty of fake Fendi bags that have a fake hologram tag too.  I still think the Fendi is a fake.  The left side of the bag does not look right when compared to my authentic bags. I would personally have any high end items authenticated even if you sell them in a thrift store as it is illegal to sell fakes no matter the location.

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

Im gonna try out the authentication service that was mentioned . I care about my customers and wouldnt want to sell them fakes

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

OP - in regards to your first LV, the Eva - is definitely fake. Without a doubt. 

As for the others, if you want to post them here, there are folks who will help you out and tell you whether it's worth paying for a professional authentication. If so, I would highly recommend it and get the certifcates of authenticity prior to listing.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Dr. Martin Luther King
Message 29 of 48
latest reply

Here is a pic of what the Fendi Zucca print should look like.  As you will see in my bag, the Fs are PERFECTLY lined up with each other even where the bag pleating starts close to the bottom of the bag.  It is perfectly line up on both sides of the bag from the top to the bottom.  Your bag does not have the Fs perfectly lined up on the left side.  That is why I think it is likely a fake.  Pic below of a bag bought from the Fendi store about seven or eight years or so ago (I think in either  2009 or 2010).

Message 30 of 48
latest reply