cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help Emilio Pucci Dress Authentication.

I wonder if this is authentic or not, can someone please help?

rsz_img_20180421_191253-1.jpgIMG_20180421_191359.jpgIMG_20180421_191415.jpgIMG_20180421_191947.jpg

Please help me decide cause I have seen it with the price is 100 USD,

thank you very much

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Please help Emilio Pucci Dress Authentication.

Also, the cursive Emilio is the original sig even before EPFR which was a vintage license.

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

@jsales0 wrote:

the 2nd OP was adamant that she doesn’t trust the opinions given so I thought another $7.50 was a small price to pay as opposed to schlepping the piece all over and posting on numerous boards. 

Why would someone come here if they're so sure of themselves that they don't trust our opinions. In fact, I thought the response (to my post) was rather rude. JMHO. 

But she should also be aware that most design houses don't authenticate. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

Yeah, it was a bit much.  Summary:

Dear volunteers. Please take time out of your day to share your knowledge and advise me. I have a low opinion of your knowledge and advice, making it basically worthless to me, but hey - knock yourselves out.   Thanks in advance.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 18 of 32
latest reply

@Alberta

I don’t think she was intentionally being rude although I agree that her response was dismissive after clearly stating that she hadn’t even heard of Pucci until relatively recently and came here for help beside defending her tagging on another’s thread after being told that it wasn’t cool instead of apologizing which we all would have understood. In the future IMO, WE all need to NOT answer those tag-ons and only tell the poster to repost their own question.

As important, is the intention to ask about vintage designers at contemporary outposts which may have absolutely nothing to do with the original designer other than a legal purchase of the name. IMO Pucci stays moderately true to Emilio’s vision but that’s not the point. As you said Alberta, contemporary salespeople are usually only trained on the contemporary product and have no clue about vintage items. Scarier still, is someone who’s worked for a company for a few months but feels the need to give an opinion.

Vintage FC Vuitton is always my fave example. Take a piece of it into most US LV Boutiques and you’ll be told it’s counterfeit unless you get a really knowledgeable SA. Take a piece into an international boutique and I’ll bet 100% it’ll be called counterfeit.

Vintage items need to be authenticated by those that are truly familiar with the item and more often than not, those people never worked for the label but they probably have collected and worn them or resold them for decades.

Let’s see if A4U responds to a request sent concerning Pucci authentication but again, I agree with you that it would be $7.50 down the toilet even if they will do it.

JMO

Lastly to Aimee

This board has helped so many and although mistakes have been made by some of us, our overall track record is pretty impressive IMO. We’re happy to help but you really need to reread your posts prior to hitting Post and think about your wording and how it may come off to others who have been known to refuse to respond to some down the road. We’re all just volunteers who get nothing out of doing this other than the gratification that perhaps we’ve helped another.

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

I thought it was really rude too. OP apparently didn’t like the answers, and wants to find someone who will say it is authentic.

Anyone who thinks that money can't buy happiness has never paid a shelter pet's adoption fee
Message 20 of 32
latest reply

What bugs me the most are seller posters who think nothing of asking the time of others to help them make money and then disappear when they’re given answers they don’t like without so much as a thank you. I agree that respect should always be extended to those that try and help. 

When a poster is argumentative on top of that (after stating that they have little to no knowledge on the subject they’re asking about) I wonder how they’d be to buy from if there’s ever an issue.

This one stated that she’s posted on multiple boards and now wants to schlep the dress into Manhattan after pretty much being told by every boardie who responded here that the piece is not Pucci, vintage or otherwise.

If all that effort gets amortized into the cost of the dress, that’s gonna be one expensive no name piece.  I do think it’s cute (looks adorable IMO on her-maybe she should just keep it although I do think I see bleed on my screen) and could find a buyer with the right price, keywords, and carefully taken measurements and condition disclosures.

In in all fairness, it is Sunday and she may have just been busy and will return. I’ve just been laying around binging a series on the river so it’s been easy to post. 

Pucci pretty much sigged his name on everything he did. We always looked for pieces back in the day that had as many Emilio’s as we could find. Some sellers today even give an Emilio count although as long as the piece is genuine I don’t care how many sigs  there are but some collectors do.  

I can’t  help but laugh about the EP she sees in the medallions. I remember seeing all kinds of things in bedspreads from India in the late 60s and early 70s.

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

@Aime,

I looked at your listings out of curiosity which is something I rarely do and I see that you have numerous listings active and sold. Here’s a word of advice-do with it as you will.

Your account could be, IMO,  seriously and adversely affected by your numerous appropriated pictures taken by others. You cannot use stock photos and must use your own unless given specific permission to use them which no company gives as none of them want their product resold here. You don’t need them and neither do buyers as they only want to see the specific item that they’re buying. I think it’s in your best interest to dump them before someone reports you. 

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

My only thought on this is at the Pucci price I would expect the back seam to be matched.  

It is a cute funky dress and will sell on its own I would think.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

My only thought on this is at the Pucci price I would expect the back seam to be matched.  

Agree in theory, but that’s not the reality although, again, that is not a Pucci piece. Here’s the back of a vintage Pucci jacket which I love but I don’t think it’s so well matched:

DE380E8C-D818-452D-97EA-0992312E5B08.jpeg

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Wow that totally glitched. Sorry all. Anyway, don’t expect those wild prints to totally match up even on authentic product! 

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

Wow I am surprised.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

I know-surprising. Even more so to me because it’s a very high end vintage velvet jacket with all the original Saks/Pucci labels. 

I believe that interior finishing usually tells us more than the exterior but wanted to show that we should not use print lineup as an authenticity marker.

The worst IMO is the luxury shoe biz. The skins are way too expensive to waste on printed leathers and suedes and the factories won’t (with rare exception) even try. I’ve got many luxury house animal print shoes that really are very  different right to left. Oh well, such is the nature of the beast.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@jsales0 wrote:

I’ve got many luxury house animal print shoes that really are very  different right to left. Oh well, such is the nature of the beast.

Literally! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta 

touché 😃

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta and all,

So what caused that crazy picture posting glitch?

Message 30 of 32
latest reply