cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA to fashion board posters

Ebay community rules to keep in mind: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/community-content-policy?id=4265

It took several years for this board to regain permission for potential buyers to post links to listings so they could verify that items they're considering buying are authentic. 

But it's still disallowed by ebay community policy to "name and shame" by way of posting listings that one KNOWS are likely to be fake but are disguised as "authenticity requests" since doing so means that the poster is posting violations as a means to get items reported and removed. 

FROM THE RULES: 

Not allowed

• Misusing the violation reporting function to maliciously or frivolously report content as not in compliance with eBay policy

I take this to include frivolously reporting posts that aren't in agreement with yours but do NOT violate any policy.

Rules of Engagement - The eBay Community

https://community.ebay.com/t5/About-the-Community/Rules-of-Engagement/td-p/26164369

#8 is applicable to this post: 

No naming and shaming.  We will not tolerate posting about listing or member violations.  Item numbers, auction links, negative/neutral feedback scores, other members’ ID or contact information posted for the purpose of shaming another member will be edited or removed.  Read more about this policy here. 

I interpret this to include posting of known fakes in order to get those in the community to report. It IS naming and shaming. 

------------------------------------------

Every listing has a "report" button that is meant to be used for the purpose of reporting various violations. Please refrain from posting publicly and "naming and shaming."

Thank you. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: PSA to fashion board posters

I don’t know how to be clearer. I have no problem accepting that you’re legitimately asking for help here, but it’s clear to all that those that can help you choose not to. Only you would know why. Actions bring on reactions.

There is no limit to how many questions you can ask and I never suggested that I was anything other than a frequent responder on certain areas of fashion.

Clearly seeing that your questions go unanswered on this forum, it makes no sense to me why you keep posting although I agree that you absolutely have that right. It just seems to be a waste of your time that could more productively be spent elsewhere. Anyone can answer you but I know I would not want authenticity questions answered by posters with no past history of authentication should those opinions lead to reports. 

The experts are not having a hard time answering your questions as you suggested. They are clearly choosing not to answer your questions. That’s a big difference and only you can change that.

I have no idea who the Coach authenticators are on tPF as that has nothing to do with this board but again, Coach is obviously a very well known and collected brand and there must be numerous other boards where people will help you. It’s unfortunate to hear that you’re estranged from both. 

Continuing with argumentative comments isn’t going to change anything. Again, why not try and change the way people respond to you here? That is in your power. You’re the only one that can affect making you an active member of this community.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

HI:

I am sorry you are having problems here.

such situations always put pressure on the participants to do things they would not normally do.

That statement is for every one involved.

It is some times,  best to take a break fror it all.

Not saying you should or should not. It is advice I would give to all involved in such situations.

The topic of this thread is to remind users to be careful of what they post.

To keep it with in the rules, so they can keep the granted use to allow posting of the item numbers.

It is easy to see the topic has degraded to a minor (if users are not careful a major) board situation.

Normally called a board war: This is usually a" who is in control".

Just a reminder to all: This is eBays board, and their rules. eBay is in control not the posters.

Every body relax; and please go back to the topic.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@vintagecoachcult wrote:

Maybe the people who are attacking me here, and regularly removed by admins should ask themselves that question? I would still like to know if there is a limit of questions I can ask here per day...is there? They are honest questions that few can answer...unfortunately it seems the experts are having a hard time answering the questions I am asking? I am about to ask about another bag right now. Thank You

This seems like a rather paranoid post! 

There's no limit to the number of questions that can be asked but you and every other poster on ebay, TPF and any other blog need to understand that anyone's participation is entirely voluntary and no one is obligated to respond to any questions or posters. They can choose to ignore posters or sellers' listings for any reason or no reason. 

We do this on our own time juggling homes, jobs, children, obligations and owe nobody anything. 

None of us (who you seems to think "control this board") get paid, none of us are rude to you (though we have been known to call out errors that are posted) and none of us deserve to receive nor have to accept the abuse, denigration and attacks that are posted here (with subtlety) or on other private groups (not-so-subtly). 

If you are truly trying to verify authenticity of potential purchases, you are welcome to use and pay for a professional authentication service, one that is accepted by ebay/other online venues, paypal and credit card companies. 

It might interest you to know that there are some volunteer authenticators *here and on other sites* who will NOT authenticate AT ALL for resellers. (They only help buyers.) Their mindset is that resellers are in business and as such, can afford to pay for their items' provenance. 

I'm sorry you feel that this thread is directed at you but again, as was pointed out, it's directed to the community. But if the shoe fits.........

albertabrightalberta

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

>>>>>> GENERAL REPLY>>>>   Trinton is no longer a community team member, he is working elsewhere in eBay

You need to tag Tyler, Brian or Brittanie if you wish to call a team member to the discussion.   

https://community.ebay.com/t5/About-the-Community/About-Community/m-p/26164272#M1

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@vintagecoachcult wrote:

Maybe the people who are attacking me here, and regularly removed by admins should ask themselves that question? I would still like to know if there is a limit of questions I can ask here per day...is there? They are honest questions that few can answer...unfortunately it seems the experts are having a hard time answering the questions I am asking? I am about to ask about another bag right now. Thank You

If you are truly trying to verify authenticity of potential purchases, you are welcome to use and pay for a professional authentication service, one that is accepted by ebay/other online venues, paypal and credit card companies. 

I should clarify that if you're going to use a pro, make sure you check around to find one that actually knows the brand(s) you're verifying. Some companies have been known to make mistakes, some of those mistakes numbering in the dozens (if not hundreds)! And the errors have been across many different designer brands.

albertabrightalberta

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

All can do searches on this board to see the board recommended authenticators whose names are frequently posted!

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

TY!

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

I have been a contributing member on this board for over a year, and will be in the future. This isn't my first and only Rodeo. You have been the most reasonable person on this board.  Unfortunately, I have been personally and professionally attacked by people here and you have patronized these members. I will not be attacked anymore. From now on I am going by the rules.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the fact that users continued to post content that goes against our Rules of Engagement, in spite of the warning previously issued here, this thread has been closed to further replies. 

Thank you for understanding.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply