cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA to fashion board posters

Ebay community rules to keep in mind: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/community-content-policy?id=4265

It took several years for this board to regain permission for potential buyers to post links to listings so they could verify that items they're considering buying are authentic. 

But it's still disallowed by ebay community policy to "name and shame" by way of posting listings that one KNOWS are likely to be fake but are disguised as "authenticity requests" since doing so means that the poster is posting violations as a means to get items reported and removed. 

FROM THE RULES: 

Not allowed

• Misusing the violation reporting function to maliciously or frivolously report content as not in compliance with eBay policy

I take this to include frivolously reporting posts that aren't in agreement with yours but do NOT violate any policy.

Rules of Engagement - The eBay Community

https://community.ebay.com/t5/About-the-Community/Rules-of-Engagement/td-p/26164369

#8 is applicable to this post: 

No naming and shaming.  We will not tolerate posting about listing or member violations.  Item numbers, auction links, negative/neutral feedback scores, other members’ ID or contact information posted for the purpose of shaming another member will be edited or removed.  Read more about this policy here. 

I interpret this to include posting of known fakes in order to get those in the community to report. It IS naming and shaming. 

------------------------------------------

Every listing has a "report" button that is meant to be used for the purpose of reporting various violations. Please refrain from posting publicly and "naming and shaming."

Thank you. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: PSA to fashion board posters

If you are speaking of me I do not understand why Items that I am concerned of their authenticity may not be included here? Isn't that what this Forum does? I have concern for the authenticity of the items I am posting here, nothing more, nothing less. These are posted live Items for sale on Ebay and although it seems nobody here knows that they are authentic or will not answer my questions which are true and honest and have no intent to harm anyone, if these items are Counterfeit it is against Ebay policy and Federal Law to list them on Ebay. I just do not want to buy a item that is Counterfeit and I believe I have the right to do so. If an Administrator does not believe that to be a fact, I am sorry and will not ask about authenticity here. I thought that is the whole idea of this Forum?

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Can spamming up the boards be reported to the mods?

@Anonymous 

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

I have reported this harassment to the Admin. I have all the right in the world to ask authenticity questions here.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

trinton@ebay please stop these people from harassing me. Thank You

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

I’m always happy to give an authenticity opinion on the labels that I post on but I also think that it’s taking unfair advantage of anyone’s time when anyone posts a multitude of questions on numerous items. No one here is anyone’s personal authenticator. 

At some point it’s one’s responsibility to go to a professional authenticator and not expect others to donate their time to a single poster when others may have questions too and volunteers only have so much free time. That’s what the pros are for and most labels can be authenticated for $7.50

If one finds multiple fake listings on brands that they personally sell and have knowledge of they should use the report button and contribute to the removal of counterfeits. By posting questionable listings here, nothing is accomplished.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

I am unaware of these items authenticity. I am asking questions about that. My questions are never answered here and usually get funny little comments as answers such as this😊. That have been removed by the Admins. Some may 'Interpret' my questions as naming and shaming but they are true authenticity questions. I didn't know there was a limit to questions, if so I will abide by that rule 100%. I report more items than most and would just like to buy authentic items and am asking for assistance, please advise me of a limit ...say per day of authentication requests here. I do have some knowledge but a poster says ' I Know' these items are not authentic...how could they 'Know' That?

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

@vintagecoachcult wrote:

trinton@ebay please stop these people from harassing me. Thank You

Sorry, but I see no harassment of you here.

Why would you assume this post is about you anyway?

Seems to me this post is intended for everyone & anyone that posts to this board.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

I’ll take the time to answer you. I can’t help you as I know nothing about Coach and have no interest in the label but as an active board member I certainly know who the Coach experts are and it is pretty clear that your questions do not receive responses. You need to remember and respect that no one is required to answer any post.

The reason you get the single icons or other characters is to show that your question was seen rather than missed. It’s a clear indication that for whatever reason those that know Coach on this board choose not to answer you.

Given that history, I don’t understand why you keep posting Coach questions other than to spam up the boards and push back the questions of others. I would hope that you don’t want authenticity opinions from unknown posters as a validation for reporting as IMO that’s something that needs to be taken very seriously. 

If you really need help with answers I strongly suggest you look for other Coach groups or go to a pro. Coach forums exist throughout the internet. Again, you can also use your knowledge as a longtime Coach reseller to report items that you know are counterfeit but I hope that you only report items that you are 100% on. 

If I posted numerous questions and no one answered me I’d try and self evaluate what I might have done to turn people away from helping me. Given the issues on the planet today and that many of us are living in self isolation most of us have time to think about the things we do and how we could possibly change them for the better in the future. Life is change. Perhaps you could think of things to do to help others to rethink their response (or lack thereof) to your questions.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

First this topic has already gone past some limits with what may be going on in this area. Just saying.

From some who just watches this stuff.

"It took several years for this board to regain permission for potential buyers to post links to listings so they could verify that items they're considering buying are authentic."

The problem with this (quoted statement above) is that once some one says not authentic it  is name and shame.

Plain simple and to the point. It is a problem.

This is not a new situation and is ripe for abuse of the seller of an item posted.

It has happened in the history of eBay boards across the years.

It will eventually happen here.

May already have. I have not looked.

Also posting items in bulk buy a user, could easy be such as some user promoting a seller, or sellers.

also has happens before in the history of eBay boards.

Just saying.

All of you need to be very careful with this.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

The other suggestion I have for you is that rather than posting questions that seemingly go unanswered is that you try and contribute to helping others while making very sure that you don’t include any language that could be construed as having double meanings or showing condescension toward others. 

You obviously are interested in this board. Why not try to be an active contributing part of it and see what happens?

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

There is no harassment. All I see is a reminder of policy and respectful constructive criticism which I always hope to see on this board. 

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

I have over the years asked questions of this forum and have been one of the most appreciative, and complimenting persons Ever on this Forum and that's a fact, but not any more. The 'Experts' here have joined forces with TPF and have attacked me personally and in my business. The marriage is over. I am now only asking questions of authenticity as I and you and everyone else that's an Ebay member has the right to. This forum is not overwhelmed by any standard anymore. You are not an Admin of this forum. Actually, this forum is rarely ever asked a question about Vintage coach authenticity anymore. That is not my fault. Maybe the people who are attacking me here, and regularly removed by admins should ask themselves that question? I would still like to know if there is a limit of questions I can ask here per day...is there? They are honest questions that few can answer...unfortunately it seems the experts are having a hard time answering the questions I am asking? I am about to ask about another bag right now. Thank You

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Exactly. People need to be careful with this. I do Not believe that includes me. I am only asking honest questions that nobody will answer for me because they have a vendetta? against me? So I am being accused of something wrong? Are my questions not legitimate? Are they harmful? If I am a potential buyer do I have to deal with a Felon to complete a sale? What is my limit of questions here? I sell a lot of Coach items! Thank You

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This thread is getting a bit heated. Please remember that, while it is fine to disagree with others, discussion should always remain courteous and respectful.

Thank you for your cooperation.​​​​​​​

Message 15 of 24
latest reply