cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lovely vintage wedding? dress with headpiece, gloves, & pins, looking for info please!

This dress had been packed away with the accessories that are shown in the photos.  It is a soft cream color with darker colored lace accents.  I'm wondering if anyone recognizes the decade or time period in which a dress like this would have been worn, and if this was a wedding  or other special occasion dress.   I don't see any tags on it so I am assuming it was hand made.  Any information would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!IMG_8173.jpgIMG_8174.jpgIMG_8175.jpgIMG_8177.jpg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Lovely vintage wedding? dress with headpiece, gloves, & pins, looking for info please!

IMG_8178.jpgIMG_8181.jpg

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: Lovely vintage wedding? dress with headpiece, gloves, & pins, looking for info please!

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 11.26.03 AM.png

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I can't advise with answers to your questions but it's sure a nice find!
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thank you!! My neighbor is clearing out her house as she and her husband are moving and downsizing, she found this dress and another one which I'm pretty sure is a wedding dress, I posted it in the vintage clothing area (not sure really where I should be posting these, I just hope that people see them), we are hoping for more information on them 🙂.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I forgot to mention in my OP, the little matching piece that matches the headpiece, I'm curious as to what that would have been used for, would it also have been worn in the hair?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hard to tell cut, especially the bodice, from photographs but given satin fabric, headpiece shape and gauntlet gloves, 1930s I'd think.  I'd think lace had discolored and all one color originally.  Certainly looks to be homemade.  

Debora 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you Debora for your help!! I hadn't even considered that the lace had changed color, I'll bet you're right, and the gloves look like they might have darkened as well.  I have another wedding dress I posted in the vintage clothing area, if you might be interested in taking a look, or I could make a post here as well if that would be better! Here is the link over to the other post:  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Vintage-Clothing-Accessories/Vintage-wedding-dress-with-headpiece-long... 

Thanks again!! 🙂

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@authenticvintageselect wrote:

I forgot to mention in my OP, the little matching piece that matches the headpiece, I'm curious as to what that would have been used for, would it also have been worn in the hair?

Funny… your 'headpiece' was my 'choker necklace'... and your 'little matching piece' was my 'hair adornment'.

It is lovely. I wonder, though, if it will be a 'quick sale' or a 'never sells' listing on eBay.

If the exact  buyer is watching, it's a quick sale and probably a smooth sale. If it's not the exact  buyer (with a vintage dress just out of storage) so many things can go wrong that I see return issues.

With that being said... do you have an upscale (or a good) consignment shop nearby? The lot sure would be pretty steamed and displayed in the front window. I worked at one for a few years... we could have sold it. Heck, the shop owner would have bought it for permanent display... IJS

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you Mtgraves for your help and suggestions!  I agree, I would never try to sell this here, I don't have the knowledge or experience to sell something like this and be able to answer questions etc...if my neighbor (who this belongs to) decides she wants to sell, I will help her do it locally in a consignment shop or something to that effect.  Thanks again!  And please if you have time take a look at the other wedding dress I have listed in the vintage area, I would love to have your input on that one as well if possible!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@authenticvintageselect 

I looked but don't find any active listings. Or my blue button's on the fritz...

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

It's not a listing. 

Here: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Vintage-Clothing-Accessories/Vintage-wedding-dress-with-headpiece-long...

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 12
latest reply