cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing advice - trendy item, no interest

Can I get away with asking people to look at a listing? Especially any vinties? I have the most amazing photo print dress up, and it’s not even getting views. I cannot figure out why it’s sitting there like a big fat TURKEY! Is it really hideous and I’m the only one who loves it? It’s even a pretty decent size, for goodness’ sake! Suggestions welcome, and thanks!
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Yeah, asking people to look is kinda against policy but I don’t see anything wrong with asking for keyword help. 

If you wanted to be totally kosher you may want to end the listing and post the piece here. 

BTW I love the Festival dress.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Thanks,

I don't have a bunch of wrist slaps, so I'll gamble leaving it up. Hey, no one buy it! LOL.

But something is off. I just don't know if it's crummy search or bad KWs. It's been up for 6 or more months, so it isn't summer doldrums.

I just don't understand why views are virtually non-existent. Like, for reals.

And I have 2 or 3 more really cool photo prints that I don't want to list until I figure out where (or if) I'm blowing it.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

It's very cute and your listing is perfect. But.... (no haters please because I'm a big girl myself), but in my opinion, big girls don't wear all 1 pattern dresses. Skirts yes, where you can break up the color between the top and bottom, but dresses, not so much.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Oh, I was commenting on a different item. But I did look at the correct item, it is nice too, and don't know why no lookers. But I do have some comments on your listings if you are interested. The Photo dress does not include measurements. Neither dress includes if it is machine washable. If you don't have measurements or if it is machine washable, people might not click through all your listings, when they see one cute item you have. Also, your bigger dress has an error in the listing, you say the measurement from shoulder to hem is 36". That can't be correct if it is a knee length dress.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I think it’s reslly cute too and don’t think that a M/L all over print is too much by any means. I’m an L and would wear it.

i know I don’t buy anything without full measurements so I’d make sure they’re on all listings.

As far as KWs go, the only thing I can think of is maybe to identify some of the actual flowers in the print to attract those flower specific people.

Good luck with it!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I'll always take advice, thanks.

I'll go back and check, I always put measurements in IS and have started adding them to descriptions for mobile users.... I swear, I'm having problems with Item Specifics disappearing when GTC rolls over.

Which bigger dress sounds too short? Can you PM me?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

As a buyer who appreciates vintage clothing (I was a teen in the '70s), I can offer my personal perspective on what others like me may be interested in.

I tend to look for styles that are classic, timeless or what may fit a contemporary retro fashion trend — preferably in natural or blended fabrics (like the boho lace midi dress). Although I've never liked bold floral or busy prints myself anyway, those were also typically associated with cheap fashions & synthetics in my youth.

So, unless one is looking for a distinctively recognizable vintage style (e.g. to recreate a specific period's fashion costume), then a bold multi-color floral on polyester with a super-wide collar might look a bit too dated for many to consider for normal wear.

I do agree that the full measurements should be included in the description (I almost missed them in the IS); but 36" bust; 31" waist; 40" hip & 15 1/4" shoulder sounds more smallish Medium than Large in current sizing (I'm Medium & that'd be too squeezy)

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

It was the Jams World 2XL dress that can't be 36" long if it is knee length. Glad to help.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@candd205 wrote:

It was the Jams World 2XL dress that can't be 36" long if it is knee length. Glad to help.

36" would be EXACTLY knee length on me.  Granted I'm only 5'4". so it would depend on a person's height.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

{{36" would be EXACTLY knee length on me.  Granted I'm only 5'4". so it would depend on a person's height.}}

Are you also size 2XL? Larger size clothes are also longer to go to the knees of larger women.

I'll stop helping and be quiet now.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@candd205 wrote:

{{36" would be EXACTLY knee length on me.  Granted I'm only 5'4". so it would depend on a person's height.}}

Are you also size 2XL? Larger size clothes are also longer to go to the knees of larger women.

XL or 2XL depending on the garment.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@bojibelle 

LOL, 5’4” and knee length on me too.😂😂😂

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@bojibelle wrote:

@candd205 wrote:

XL or 2XL depending on the garment.

When listing dresses, I don't select a length from item specifics. There are just too many variations in body shape for it to be accurate.

I put the measurements in my listings but unless something's clearly intended to sweep the floor, I don't choose a length (mini/knee/calf/maxi etc) from the Item Specifics list but leave it blank.  

My GF and I swap clothes sometimes but I've got a petite frame and short legs whereas she has a long torso and stork-like long legs.  We can both fit into the same size dress but what's knee length or just below on me is a mini length on her.

36" would be knee length on me if it had a defined waist.  But if it was a shift, it would take a detour at my bust and be knee length in the back and above the knee in the front.   

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I know exactly what you mean......only at the other end of the height spectrum.

I'm a buyer here on e-Bay and mostly of fashion items at that.  I stand nearly six feet tall so dresses that are knee-length on many are a mini on me.  One member saw a photo that I posted on the old blogs a few years ago and snapped, 'THOSE legs are absolutely ridiculous!  (jealous)'.

A number of dresses I've purchased here on e-Bay and elsewhere just reach my knee.  Sometimes I just give in and adjust the hem to make it look like a mini-dress.

Hee hee!

J

Message 15 of 15
latest reply