cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying this handbag!

I am wondering if any of the many experts out there might know anything about this handbag..It is  gold sparkling  beads, It is 5 1/2 inches tall and 17'' round. Top flips and inside is a beveled mirror. It has no labels, marks or anything to indicate who it was made by.  I am curious as to it's age, i am guessing 1920 -30 but am probably wrong as i am not at all knowledgable with fashion. Thank you all in advance for taking time to read this and any info you can give.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Identifying this handbag!

Clueless here too so I’m curious as my gut response was 40s/50s but it’s not anywhere in my circle of expertise lol.

Pretty!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Clueless here too so I’m curious as my gut response was 40s/50s but it’s not anywhere in my circle of expertise lol.

Pretty!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so much and I would lean towards your answer being correct because as I have stated my knowledge could fit in a thimble. It’s a very pretty bag. Thanks again! 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It's a vintage beaded box handbag.  (Those key words will bring up other examples with an internet search.)  1940s/1950s.   Condition looks excellent.  Don't know what the cardboard is doing there.

Debora 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

THANK YOU so much. Yes, condition is excellent and cardboard is protecting the beveled mirror when in storage. Thank you again 😊

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Is it a bag or a beaded box?

How do you secure the top when worn?  

I'm just wondering on how you could carry it as a handbag.  The handles don't look long enough.

OP, sorry for all the questions.  I'm very intrigued by it.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Your questions are very welcomed, I was also intrigued by it. It is a handbag and the top almost snaps shut. There is also an upper lip on inside of rim and once closed , the top fits very securely over lip. You could fit your arm through it and let it hang ( with your arm bent) . Hope these help 😊

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Here's the same handhang in blue.  Will give you an idea how it's carried. 

Debora

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank You for that!

😊

Message 9 of 9
latest reply