cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just returned an LV I won on auction.

The Seller was very understanding,  the bag looks very good, but there are few details that don't add up.. I have it looked at by local expert, and  it was agreed the authenticity  is questionable. The monogram is too shiny , the lining is a bit off, not a genuine alcantara.

I hated returning items I purchased,  but I am looking for affordable authentic LV .

i been looking for a Tivole GM. This bag is even worsed counterfeited items. 

Im not given up however, I m careful on doing it. Any help and suggestions will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: I just returned an LV I won on auction.

I'm a little confused. In the following post, @petals_and_vines told you the bag was authentic. Although the lock was fake, why would you have returned a genuine bag that you got at a great price?
http://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/Louise-Vuitton-SalSa-Musette/m-p/26945954#M82956
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I hate the feeling of unsure thing , the monogram isn't right. Too shiny. The lining isn't correct either, I don't have a camera available other than my iPhone. I can't post the lining of the bag here.

the bag for 10 years old, shouldn't be looking new.  

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

The monogram feels like a vynel, although the leather trim is vanchetta, oxidizing leather I can help feeling it's counterfiete.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@edbar60 wrote:

I hate the feeling of unsure thing , the monogram isn't right. Too shiny. The lining isn't correct either, I don't have a camera available other than my iPhone. I can't post the lining of the bag here.

the bag for 10 years old, shouldn't be looking new.  

The monogram feels like a vynel, although the leather trim is vanchetta, oxidizing leather I can help feeling it's counterfiete.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

"the bag for 10 years old, shouldn't be looking new."

I have a good friend who has bought LV's for the last twenty years. She doesn't  carry them everyday but they do get used. She takes very good care of her bags: uses a liner insert, puts them in the dust bag when not in use, etc. Her bags are immaculate. They look brand spanking new.

More than 1 LV expert here told you the bag was authentic. The seller told you what happened with the lock.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Im sure it help the Seller of the bag, although I'm not 100% sure, I'm sure the Seller of the bag has same feeling as I do.. I informed her that I post it here. Probably why she took it back with out hesitations.. she did pay for it a lot more than I do.. I hope that's the case. However, I'm still have a nagging feeling about it.. there are discrepancies present , about it .. all I can say..

i will I'll be looking , with cautions. I'm not cretical buyer. I just want a original LV. In case I have to sell it later to get another. Then I will not have to guess its authenticity.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@edbar60 wrote:

I'm sorry but you really shouldn't be buying online if you don't know the brands you're buying and you don't trust the proven experts.

petals_and_vines said the bag is authentic and you can trust her.

More than once, you've demonstrated your own lack of knowledge of the brands and there's nothing wrong with not knowing. But that's (presumably) why you came here and asked for advice from those who do know.

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

You are incorrect.

The monogram feels like vinyl? You ARE aware that is, in fact, vinyl coated canvas?? 

Wut??

I can guarantee the seller took it back because she knew that once a buyer screams "FAKE!" - even if they are wrong, LIKE YOU WERE, they have NO chance of winning a case through eBay OR Paypal. 

Like *a*river*runs*through*it mentioned - I, too, have bags that are 10+ years old, but because I take care of them, look very, very good. 

You are wrong here, and you punished your seller. 

Perhaps buying second hand, on-line, isn't for you. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Dr. Martin Luther King
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

My only suggestion would be for you save for the item that you are looking for and to buy directly from the source.  

I have learned a lot from the responders here insofar as designer handbags and if they told me it was authentic, then I would leave it at that, but that is just me.  Everyone one is different.    The responders are not paid for their knowledge, rather they share their knowledge.  I have learned enough from them to confidently purchase a used LV and have done so, twice as a matter of fact.

Best of luck to you

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@postingid2017 wrote:

My only suggestion would be for you save for the item that you are looking for and to buy directly from the source.  

I have learned a lot from the responders here insofar as designer handbags and if they told me it was authentic, then I would leave it at that, but that is just me.  Everyone one is different.    The responders are not paid for their knowledge, rather they share their knowledge.  I have learned enough from them to confidently purchase a used LV and have done so, twice as a matter of fact.

Best of luck to you

Thank you you for valuable, helpful input. You and few others are very helpfuln. Believe it or not you suggestions are carefully being put to use.. I do t claim to be an expert, my knowledge on Vuitton are those mostly vintage.. I'm lost on on Newest line..there are too many counterfeit floating g around..

Thank you again for being less cretical.....I worked hard for my money, I only want one piece of LV..I want the real thing.. I apologize to those  who  I might  not please , by my actions.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@edbar60 wrote:

Thank you you for valuable, helpful input. You and few others are very helpfuln. Believe it or not you suggestions are carefully being put to use.. I do t claim to be an expert, my knowledge on Vuitton are those mostly vintage.. I'm lost on on Newest line..there are too many counterfeit floating g around..

Thank you again for being less cretical.....I worked hard for my money, I only want one piece of LV..I want the real thing.. I apologize to those  who  I might  not please , by my actions.

I'm sorry but the issue isn't that we were "critical" of you but rather, how you handled this situation. (And I still believe YOU are wrong.

In one of your other threads, you were told that the bag was authentic. And you got that information from proven LV experts. You were advised that for peace of mind, you could invest just $7.50 for a professional authentication to be assured of that.

Instead you chose to insist that your bag is fake.

You have a right to dislike a bag. You have a right to believe that the size is incorrect for you. You have a right to not like the shape or the way your "stuff" fits in it.

But to come here looking for support of your inaccurate assertions is wrong. Thus accusing those telling you what you don't want to hear as being critical is unfair.

I think your seller was lovely to be so accommodating because it's painful to be accusing of selling a fake when the item isn't fake.

There are buyers who don't feel comfortable buying online because they don't know enough about the items they're buying to be able to trust authenticators. Those are the types of buyers who would be better off buying directly from a B&M store. That way, you'll know you're getting the real deal and it would save sellers and yourself a ton of stress.

This isn't critical of you. It's just not what you want to hear.

albertabrightalberta

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

i would like to say Alberta, that I was Seller my self at one time.. I always given my buyers option to return the item if it wasn't at their satisfactions.. that was the old Ebay...  I had the bag in my posistion, there are other thing. I rather not disclose..

i  accept my mistake.  I would like to leave it as.. if a buyer forced to keep , items they purchased in Ebay? I guess Its not for me.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Pish posh.

Your bag was authentic. It's fine if, for whatever reason, it's not what you expected. 

But to cry fake when I strongly believe it was not, is wrong. Frankly, I wish you would have had it authenticated BEFORE accusing the seller of the bag being fake. I'm sorry if this is "critical" but I don't like to  mince words. I personally would rather someone be straight up with me and give me the truth than soft with me and tear me apart behind my back. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Dr. Martin Luther King
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

With all do respect I never accused the seller anything, I told the seller I was 99 % sure it was authentic.. hold on here.., we a both agreed on the return..this is getting out of hand.. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply