cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Bought a Counterfeit Coach Lot =(

I recently bought a used Coach hand bag lot for rehab/resell but had to leave town for a family emergency before it arrived.

So 46 days later I came home, opened the package and noticed 4 of the 13 items were garbage/fakes! This seller SWORE to their authenticity. She didn't care anyway because the 30 day period had already passed by! 

Even after:

I sent her photos of her the cheap paper tag that had "hecho en China" on it inside the wallet that also had NO Coach stamp anywhere inside! Nor was the leather real!

I also informed her that Coach would NEVER use a foam like substance for its wristlet strap or edging on top of wrapping it in a thin material that easily flakes off with stitching that looked like a 5 year old did.

Also M4N-4154 is NOT a legit serial # for vintage bags!  ( took me an hour to figure this one out) However, I was already skeptic due to the Coach Logo being un-centered on the key fob, in addition to the sloppy stitching going around the bag!

How does a person who sells so many Coach bags and has been with EBay over 5 years NOT KNOW these simple signs?

Due to the amount of time gone by, I know I can't get my money back but I fear that since they have so many Coach items listed that they may be selling some counterfeit bags as we speak!

Can anything be done? Should I report her?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Yes I left them "factual" negative feed back (referring to the cheap paper tag) to which their response was that they STAND BY their items being AUTHENTIC! 20200907_092501.jpg20200907_092533.jpg20200907_092625_HDR.jpg20200907_092839_HDR.jpg20200907_092918_HDR.jpg
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: I Bought a Counterfeit Coach Lot =(

eBay's buyer protection is only for 30 days after delivery, but PayPal's is for 180 days and if you paid through a credit card their protection is probably for more than 46 days, too.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Thank you for responding. At this point I am not concerned with getting a refund. The lot total was only $60 (half of which I used my EBay bux) so I will do just a little over than break even, once I sell the bags that were actually AUTHENTIC. 

I am more concerned about the fact that the seller swears that they only sell AUTHENTIC Coach bags while its obvious that they do not. This goes against EBay policy.

They currently  have over 300 items listed and MANY are Coach items. I am just trying to avoid another poor unknowing soul paying good money for a counterfeit bag. Can I report them? SHOULD I report them? Will Ebay take this seriously? 

Thanks

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Report them on eBay and report them to the company.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Please post the auction number and if possible the URL of the listing so the experts here can look at the bags and see if there are any more fakes. 

You may not be concerned with getting a refund, but a successful SNAD claim on your part will red-flag the seller ID with Ebay and put them on Ebays radar. Reports of any other fakes could also lead to selling restrictions and even suspension for that seller. So do things "according to the book" and follow the approved SNAD process with Paypal or whatever route youre advised to take. Dont try to set your own rules, Ebay doesnt work that way. There are people here who can help you through the process, but if you only want to throw shade on the seller youre not going to have any effect. If you accuse a seller of violating Ebay rules without proving that accusation with Ebay, youre the one whos going to get into trouble, not them.

Prove BY EBAYS RULES AND PROCESSES that the seller sold fakes and let the system handle the rest. But get that claim filed with Paypal, if you need help with that, wait for the experts to post. And supply that listing information ASAP. There may be more fakes in that lot than youre aware of. DONT SELL ANY OF THEM UNTIL THE EXPERTS HERE CAN LOOK THEM OVER. Once you break up that lot you may lose your chance to file a claim, weve seen this situation before.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

@fashionclubgurl wrote:

Please post the auction number and if possible the URL of the listing so the experts here can look at the bags and see if there are any more fakes. 

DO NOT DO THIS: even an auction number that goes to the user in question is name and shame.

Edited

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Is this the listing for the lot you bought?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Coach-Lot-Of-Purses-Wallets-13-Pieces-Rehab-Used-Some-Are-Rare-/3...

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Thank you so much for responding but I have to lean toward what donsdetour said and not shame a name. If there truly are "experts" on here then shouldn't they get in contact with me or send me to the appropriate source rather me post any details regarding this seller. I felt my photos were evidence enough to alert the experts or at least for them to guide me in the correct direction to resolve any further issues with this seller selling counterfeit bags. 

I am unaware of SNAD... would you happen to have a link or some info that can better educate me.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I did report the listing (NOT THE ACTUAL SELLER) but there was a minimum of 69 characters to write and also there was no spot for me to put my contact info. Although I am sure once they click on the listing they will see my name in the buyers spot.

Not sure if I will be contacted, but one would think there would be a much better way to be able to report such activity. I will now research options to notify Coach!

Thanks again 😊

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

SNAD = significantly not as described. 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

no its not, closed listing numbers are allowed.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

The photos you posted so far are just unidentifiable photos and we cant even connect individual photos to individual items in that listing. The listing photos dont show any real details either. The details in the photos you posted here dont prove anything as they are now unless you can connect them with specific items in the listing.

Id like to see clear readable photos of the stamped creeds and serial numbers of both of the all-leather purses, one looks like a Willis and I cant tell exactly what the other is trying to be. Id like to see each of them in their own post in this thread along with several photos of the rest of each purse, front, back and side. Id also like to see the back plate of the turnlock on the Willis, the piece on the back of the flap thats held on by 4 prongs. The M4N-4154 always-fake serial number could have been used in either purse although the other leather one without a turnlock and flap is more likely. 

An "Uncentered Coach logo" on what youre calling a key fob doesnt prove anything BTW, hangtags can be removed and switched between bags and often are. Its the UNswappable creed and serial number stampings inside full-size purses that are valid proof. The same with any items that can be swapped between purses or accessories, like booklets or dustbags or anything thats not physically an integral part of the item. Sellers often add small booklets or cards or other paperwork to both genuine and fake items either to "prove" that the item is authentic, or because they think the buyer expects it.

In a lot listing, if one item is fake, the entire listing is illegal under Ebay rules. Its even possible that both leather purses are fake. We know at least one of them is.

If @albertabrightalberta checks in later I hope shell take a look and add whatever advice she can, or correct any mistakes in the advice I already gave. She has a lot more experience with advising on SNAD claims than I do.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Gotchya! Thanks

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Well, there's only one or two (and the dustbag) in that ^^^ whole lot that I'd have even considered. Logic tells you that your investment is okay if only two or three are authentic... a better investment if you were the end user and not a reseller, obviously.

With that being said, I am all about a SNAD on the order in it's entirety... even if only one (haha) is fake.

I'm with @donsdetour  and @fashionclubgurl ... the seller really should be reported. Lord, don't sell any yet.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Had you come here to ask about the item before bidding, you would have been advised NOT to bid unless and until the seller showed better pictures of the items as well as creeds and interiors. 

FYI, it's not naming and shaming if listings are posted for authenticity. You ARE allowed to post item numbers and/or a link to a listing in order to get authenticity opinions. Ebay employee alan@ebay posted it here: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/alan-ebay-We-might-be-allowed-to-authenticate-again/td-p/28582...

In fact, I think you have more problems than just the few pictures you posted here. In addition to finding the listing you purchased, I looked at your own listings and if a potential buyer came here to verify authenticity before purchasing one of your items, we would have advised against it just as we would have advised you not to bid or buy the lot listing. 

There's nothing wrong with finding great deals and flipping the items for a profit. But if you want to sell Coach, you need to learn the brand and learn the pictures you need in your listings, both to prove your own integrity but also, to show buyers what they need to see to verify authenticity. 

NONE of your listings show pictures of creeds or other details necessary for authenticators to vet or for buyers to feel comfortable. 

How did you "authenticate" that "Willis" bag with H2L 9927? That's the one with the missing turnlock hardware. Did you just google for a picture of what 9927 looks like? (This bag is/was one of the ones you purchased in that lot.) That is NOT a good way to authenticate! 

Let me give you a valuable (and possibly account-saving) piece of advice: Unless you personally purchased an item from a legitimate and authorized retailer and unless you are expert in a brand, you need to have items looked at BEFORE listing them because if you list a fake and it gets reported and removed, that's not good for your account or your reputation.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 15 of 23
latest reply