cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with determining gender of boots. HELP!

I have a pair of Vendramini Italian made Leather mountaineering boots and I am not sure if they are for men or women. It has the #40 and #7 something or another printed on the tongue of the boots. If I look at a conversion chart, the only one that makes sense is a men's size. It shows a size 40 Euro to be a 7.5 U.S. Do you think their men's and do you think it says size 7.5. Any helpgreatly appreciated.20221215_171259.jpg20221215_171146.jpg

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Hard to tell because company website says boots are "custom made" according to the measurements of your foot and not by gender).   If I had to guess I would say "mens" because of 7 shown inside shoes.

Italy to USA Conversion charts show:

40 = Size 7 MENS

40 = Size 9 WOMENS

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@goldrushfinds wrote:

I have a pair of Vendramini Italian made Leather mountaineering boots and I am not sure if they are for men or women. It has the #40 and #7 something or another printed on the tongue of the boots. If I look at a conversion chart, the only one that makes sense is a men's size. It shows a size 40 Euro to be a 7.5 U.S. Do you think their men's and do you think it says size 7.5. Any help greatly appreciated.

Actually I think you've already solved it, after finding the equivalence chart of a Men's 40 Euro to be a 7.5 U.S. That "7 something" you show in the photo is probably "7½" (but the fraction character of "½" got smeared when ink-stamping the boot). I can kinda-sorta see the bottom half of the diagonal line of the fraction through the smear.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

The pair I have is gender neutral/unisex.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@goldrushfinds 

Looks girly. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@caldreamer wrote:

Hard to tell because company website says boots are "custom made" according to the measurements of your foot and not by gender).   If I had to guess I would say "mens" because of 7 shown inside shoes.

Italy to USA Conversion charts show:

40 = Size 7 MENS

40 = Size 9 WOMENS

I think you might be looking at the website for Vendramini motorcycle boots, which are indeed custom made to order. Their mountaineering boots, however, were not. The company no longer manufactures mountaineering boots, IIRC.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I also think female.  A size 7 or 7.5 seems awfully small for an adult male.  It looks more like a ladies' size 9 hiking boot.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Then what does the 40 mean. The only way it makes sense by looking at the conversion charts would be if they were men's boots. A Euro 40 men's is a 7.5 U.S. A women's Euro 40 is a U.S. women's 9, and that number is not on the boot.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I understand.  I just think they look feminine and rather small for a man.   I don't sell shoes very often.

KrazzyKats

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

krazzykats_0-1671158732496.png

I think the "7" may possibly be a UK size 7.  I'd measure the shoe for the correct US size.

KrazzyKats

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

The answer my friend is “Non-binary” 🤔

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Wow, could it get more complicated. Not sure how to measure a boot size and how accurate it would be as the interior dimensions are much smaller than the exterior.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

They identify as non-binary. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

best to measure the sole length but minus thick edges which are unusable. Many shoes and boots are unisex. Google has a chart of shoe lengths acording to the length. For the time I put 'Fits Size __" and then describe in the description

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Respectfully not a valid way to guess gender. 7 is a very common men’s size in any Asian market in the US or abroad.

IMO the only way to tell gender is to have the OP have a bunch of friends try them on. If they’re a women’s boot (probably) they’re going to be too narrow for a size 7 man. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply