cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP - 4th Quarter 2017

GMM4Q.jpg

Now we're moving into what are some of the best selling months of the year, not to mention some of the nicest times of the year.  With fall underway, the weather's getting fine, buyers are looking for a new and interesting wardrobe.....so get your listings out there and let's MAKE SOME GREEN!    This is a group of like-minded sellers who share ideas, offer suggestions and solutions, and admittedly spend some time yakking together like friends.  Everyone is welcome here, so join in if you'd like and we'll be glad to see you back or meet you for the first time.

Here are our best ideas for successful selling, culled from years of selling experience:

1) LIST IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS - Try some regular auctions, auctions with Buy it Now, Fixed Price, and Fixed Price with Best Offer---try some with free shipping too. Not only will you get a better idea what works for YOU, but you'll offer buyers a variety of buying options.

2) OPTIMIZE YOUR LISTINGS – By using the free Terapeak Keyword app (find it in the Applications tab), practice how to take better photos, change the keywords on your listing titles regularly, change the opening blurb in your store header every now and then, and experiment with price changes UP as well as DOWN! Run Sales on a regular basis with the Markdown Manager and also learn how to set up Promotions on your Store listings for better visibility.

3) DON'T LET YOUR UNSOLD LISTINGS LAY AROUND - Check your My eBay page and click on Unsold...get those relisted ASAP! You've already done all the work, so be sure they're available to buyers. More listings = more bait in the water = more bites. 😄

4) OPEN A STORE - If you are wondering whether you are better off with a BASIC store or a PREMIUM store, figure that if you have over 250 store items, Premium is a better buy....under 250, Basic is....this is at least a rule of thumb to get you started. Stores used to be great places to put items and keep them available year round, but with the fee changes, maybe not so much - sit down and figure it all out.

However, there are at least four really good reasons to have a store.... 1) listing fees are less if you have a store, 2) your items can be separated into categories making it much easier for buyers to shop, 3) you can run Promotions and Markdown Manager sales. They are two different ways to generate sales!, and 4) you can put your store in vacation mode when you need to get away for a bit.

5) DEAL WITH BIDDERS, BUYERS, AND ANNOYING INQUISITIVE POTENTIAL BIDDERS IN A PATIENT AND FRIENDLY WAY - Remember that it's worth money in your pocket and it's good business sense to show respect to all. If you must, write up that snarky reply, laugh at it, then hit delete.

6) KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! This thread is all about MAKING MONEY, that's for sure, but we feel that being supportive of our Lister Sisters and Brothers helps ALL of us. Drop in and hang out! Venting is allowed, but take it easy on the drama, negative vibes and controversial, off-topic issues such as politics and religion.

Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Re: GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP - 4th Quarter 2017

Thanks!

The description looks wonky in the ipad app but I can live with it.

It kills me to sell anything but if it's been stored away for over five years without use it's time to go! Honestly I forgot I had some of those things. I don't know if I still have the physical receipts. I need to crack open the safe because they might be in there. I still had all the boxes up until the last move we made and I tossed them. I decided on the last move we would get rid of everything in storage. We still have a storage room full of junk. I hung onto most of our uk electrics thinking we might move back but honestly don't think that will happen anytime soon. I have a whole box marked 'to sell' of mobile accessories and office/computer stuff. I don't even know what's in there.

Photobucket wants $399 a year if you want to hyperlink photos. A bit steep I think?

The last time I sold I think you had to pay for any extra photos beyond the first one so it's nice you can use up to 12 now without extra charges.

Message 76 of 110
latest reply

Oh my goodness photobucket, seriously!? That's a bit steep if you ask me. Yes twelve photos is nice, only once in a great while do I have to pick and choose which ones I want to leave out. I wish we had more room here for my 'junk' but I refuse to get a storage unit for stuff. I cannot bring myself to do it, so I just donate what we no longer use. Or re-organize it. Just starting my family, so we haven't accumulated a lot. I took the closet over (thankfully my husband is a t-shirt and jeans kinda guy!) but I had to make room for all his RC planes & cars. Its all about compromise!!
Hopefully he won't complain too much when we have to move, I haven't even begun to purchase the holiday decor I would like to have for our home someday.
Message 77 of 110
latest reply

We got rid of a lot in the last move. We have 30 years of marriage and two kids move in and out so lots of stuff accumulated. We still had two large storage units full of stuff and decided it was time to clear the coffers. Thankfully no more storage units and down to a storage room packed as tightly as you can possibly get it. It's like a jigsaw puzzle if you need anything but no more secondary storage for us!

Our biggest woe is regular closet space. We have to rotate Winter and summer clothes in order to make it work.

Message 78 of 110
latest reply

Well I just had one on listings remove for trademark violation.  It was New Orleans Shirt and at the bottom of the shirt is said WHO DAT.  I come to find this is a trade mark violation.  Someone trademarked the words WHO DAT.  They sued the NFL and settled out of court.  I would not have even thought to look that up and see if those words were trademarked.

Jeff

Message 79 of 110
latest reply

Good evening!  Can’t believe it’s already the first of November.

I’ve been doing some listing tonight and hope it results in better sales.  I’ve had some good days, but some slow days and would love to even out in favor of the good days, please, eBay 🙂

Luck to you, Monaco!   Listings looking GOOD!!  You haven’t lost your touch!

Yep, if you haven’t used it in 5 years, you’re probably not as in love with it as you thought, right??   Wish I had never gotten a storage unit, preloved—you’re totally right about that.  We actually have two and I’m hoping to clear out the smaller one and at least incorporate it into the larger one, if nothing else.  Sigh!

Wow, Jeff!!!  Crazy!  I had no idea, and no, would sure never have thought to check that out ahead of time!

Re-applying nose to grindstone—would be glad of some company if anyone else is listing!

Beth

Message 80 of 110
latest reply

Hi Beth and all! Hope everyone had a great Halloween.

New sales month, so lets list list list and hopefully sell sell sell.

I'm runnning myself ragged. I homeschool Michael 5 days a week, get him to Sunday School on Sundays, Scouts on Mondays, Awanas on Wednesday, therapist on every other Thursday, and psychiatrist ever other Monday. (We are trying to get his meds straight, finally have been diagnosed with ADHD, ODD and anxiety) That diagnosis means its a lot for a little guy to handle, so I would appreciate prayers and good thoughts for him.  We are going on a cubscouot campout tomorrow night.  His bff is supposed to be going with us if his mom doesn't change her mind. I'm a helicopter mom but she is wayyyyyy worse.

That's all on top of trying to keep doing ebay full time (pretty much can't work anymore with all his going ons) and fighting low sales.  Plus I try to keep the house livably clean lol

Anyone got Thanksgiving plans yet?

Message 81 of 110
latest reply

Delta Delight - You definitely have a busy schedule, like my sister in law! Stay strong momma! Sending good vibes your way heart You have your little one so involved with extracurricular activities some days it must be exhausting but totally worth it with him being homeschooled. Our little guy isn't school age yet, and Im new to this area, so I just tried to make sure we got out to public events and play dates this past summer so he had that experience. He still doesn't like anyone out in public (he 'screw faces' them all) but at least he behaves and keeps to himself laughing (for now)..

Cheers to November, I've been listing a few new items every day/every other day, but I've been SOOOO slow. Watchers watchers everywhere but not a sale in sight! 1 open unpaid item case, 1 pending return, so yes Ebay please send some sales my way!!

chart_with_upwards_trend Goodluck this first November weekend everyone, hope we all get some sales!!!!!

Message 82 of 110
latest reply

Hi Ronda!  Wow, you’re busy busy busy for sure!  I know it’s a tough diagnosis, but at least you HAVE a diagnosis and a plan.  Of course I’m sending you and Michael and Wes nothing but the BEST vibes and 3 BIG HUGS!  Have fun on the campout!

Haha, yeah, I’d say you’ve got plenty to keep up with!  

We’re going to get turkey sandwiches (great, from a local deli with real roasted turkey, not sliced deli meat, homemade stuffing, cranberry sauce right on them.  Take them down to the beach by the Pier, dig our toes in the sand and eat ‘em up while being VERY thankful.  Will pick up a pie at Publix too since I have to have pecan pie with my turkey 😄  How about you guys?

Hi Preloved!  No kidding!  Delta/Ronda’s a force of nature when she puts her mind to it.  Hey, I just had a sale this very second!  Agree, my sales have been slow, so yes eBay, please put us hard-working lister sisters on the good list, THANKS!! 🙂

Will check in tomorrow—I have more listings I want to get going.

Beth

Message 83 of 110
latest reply

Happy Saturday Everyone. notes

I'm stuck with literally no lighting in the room I have my inventory stored. Rain rain go away, I need to take pictures today! But it gives me a chance to finish crocheting my son a winter hat.

I'll get in there with a flashlight and grab the hoodie I did sell last night. laughing

Ebay send us all some decent sales this weekend please! 

Message 84 of 110
latest reply

Checking in!

Thanks for the encouragementBeath and Preloved.  I could sure use it.

The campout was a bust.  First his bffs mom changed her mind and wouldn't let him go (Though she lied and said was sick and didn't want to, that child had been excited about this for 2 weeks) so Michael started out upset.  We got the tent put up and for the first time ever I didn't have to get a man to  help me, Michael and I did it ourselves.  We did have to get help with the tarp that goes on top, I'm too short to do that.

Then a  huge gust of wind came and literally picked up the whole tent.  So the men decided I didn't put it in a good enough place or have it anchored well enough so they moved it downhill.   It was fine til it started to storm. And I mean it STORMED.  We all made a mad dash to our leaders house (this was her acreage we were camping on) til the storm passed.  Went back tour tent and it was 2 inches deep in water (we were downhill, it all ran down), and our bedding was soaked. And this meant our beds and pilllows were soaked.  It had soaked into our overnight bag that was sitting on the floor so our clothes were soaked too, we had nothing dry to put on.  We stayed til the rain quit and the boys could have their campfire, and headed back home.  But we got up superearly  this morning and went back for the days activities.

So now we are home. I was taking a nice nap til Michael decided to wake me up. Little turd.

Lots of scout events coming up, 2 parades, a flag burning ceremoney, and the lighting of the tree on our main street. 

I hear you on the decent sales! I have a goal I wanted to hit so I could go shopping and I'm only 3/4 there.  Come on ebay powers that be!

Message 85 of 110
latest reply

Hi preloved and Delta!  

I got more listings going today and had 4 sales, so THANKS, eBay!  I can use all the empty hangers I can get 🙂  Beautifully sunny here today and we went to a charity thing where we packed meals for local distribution.  Fun time and good music, so sort of danced my way through it!

Oh no!  Your tent adventure wasn’t a good one for sure!  Ugh, no fun, though glad you headed back for the days activities.  Boy, you DO have a lot of fun things with your Scouts, must be a good group.  

Hope you reach your sales goal soon!  I would like to pick up a few things, but am doing the same thing….not getting anything new right now.

eBay eBay, please shine your light on us 😄  THANKS!!  

Message 86 of 110
latest reply

Just had a sale, thanks, eBay!  Will do more listing later today if I can stay awake---I always fall asleep at like 8:00 on the day the time changes...so confused 😄

Message 87 of 110
latest reply

I had one listing sell last night. Yayyy!! I got a new listing up last night and resisted the others with a lower price. Fingers crossed.

I couldn’t find the schedule listing for a later time yesterday. Did they remove it? I looked both on full website and iPad app and couldn’t find the option. I used it last week so I was thoroughly confused.

I found a handbag and matching shoes yesterday I want to list but they are most definitely summer items. Should I wait until spring to list those?

Message 88 of 110
latest reply

Deltas*delights,

i just saw your message about your son. Your life sounds like ours 20 years ago. Hang in there! It goes by slow and then fast at the same time. Both our kids have their challenges and they keep bouncing back home. We have had a couple of spurts of empty nest but they keep coming back. Currently the oldest is back with loads of debt so he will be here at least a year paying those off. Good luck and try to take care of yourself!

Message 89 of 110
latest reply

Hi, Monaco!  Yay for the sale!    I have sometimes mis-scheduled listings to start--like thought it was today at 5:00 but somehow had put the date for tomorrow in or something....

I'm a little different from a lot of sellers as I tend to list in season more than out.  But others would tell you that people look here for cruise items, live in hotter climates, buy out of season, or are in Australia, for example 😄

In other words, list 'em if you've got 'em.

Message 90 of 110
latest reply