cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP - 4th Quarter 2017

GMM4Q.jpg

Now we're moving into what are some of the best selling months of the year, not to mention some of the nicest times of the year.  With fall underway, the weather's getting fine, buyers are looking for a new and interesting wardrobe.....so get your listings out there and let's MAKE SOME GREEN!    This is a group of like-minded sellers who share ideas, offer suggestions and solutions, and admittedly spend some time yakking together like friends.  Everyone is welcome here, so join in if you'd like and we'll be glad to see you back or meet you for the first time.

Here are our best ideas for successful selling, culled from years of selling experience:

1) LIST IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS - Try some regular auctions, auctions with Buy it Now, Fixed Price, and Fixed Price with Best Offer---try some with free shipping too. Not only will you get a better idea what works for YOU, but you'll offer buyers a variety of buying options.

2) OPTIMIZE YOUR LISTINGS – By using the free Terapeak Keyword app (find it in the Applications tab), practice how to take better photos, change the keywords on your listing titles regularly, change the opening blurb in your store header every now and then, and experiment with price changes UP as well as DOWN! Run Sales on a regular basis with the Markdown Manager and also learn how to set up Promotions on your Store listings for better visibility.

3) DON'T LET YOUR UNSOLD LISTINGS LAY AROUND - Check your My eBay page and click on Unsold...get those relisted ASAP! You've already done all the work, so be sure they're available to buyers. More listings = more bait in the water = more bites. 😄

4) OPEN A STORE - If you are wondering whether you are better off with a BASIC store or a PREMIUM store, figure that if you have over 250 store items, Premium is a better buy....under 250, Basic is....this is at least a rule of thumb to get you started. Stores used to be great places to put items and keep them available year round, but with the fee changes, maybe not so much - sit down and figure it all out.

However, there are at least four really good reasons to have a store.... 1) listing fees are less if you have a store, 2) your items can be separated into categories making it much easier for buyers to shop, 3) you can run Promotions and Markdown Manager sales. They are two different ways to generate sales!, and 4) you can put your store in vacation mode when you need to get away for a bit.

5) DEAL WITH BIDDERS, BUYERS, AND ANNOYING INQUISITIVE POTENTIAL BIDDERS IN A PATIENT AND FRIENDLY WAY - Remember that it's worth money in your pocket and it's good business sense to show respect to all. If you must, write up that snarky reply, laugh at it, then hit delete.

6) KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! This thread is all about MAKING MONEY, that's for sure, but we feel that being supportive of our Lister Sisters and Brothers helps ALL of us. Drop in and hang out! Venting is allowed, but take it easy on the drama, negative vibes and controversial, off-topic issues such as politics and religion.

Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Re: GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP - 4th Quarter 2017

Hope Delta shows up to tell us more about a restaurant that's worth a half-day's drive for lunch 😄

Message 2 of 110
latest reply

Hi Beth,

The item is a fragrance that is sold out at the store.  I never had anyone ask to see a receipt and I only see people asking for authentication of clothing or purses.   

I will check back tomorrow.  I'm starting my own listing challenge. I'm challenging myself to list everything by the end of this year.  I will need lots of motivation because I always get distracted.  I really need to do this because I keep accumulated stuff.  I'm not even sure how much I have to list I just know it is a lot.

Debbie

Debbie
Message 3 of 110
latest reply

Hi Beth and Debbie!

Beth, it is SO worth it! They are famous for their rolls, they throw them across the room to you and they are huge and delicious. It's country cooking and enough for 3 people. Then they come around with buckets and ladle for their "pass arounds" that is free. Fried okra, macaroni and tomatoes, black eyed peas, stuff like that.    And it's actually affordable. It's a huge building and the wait line wraps completely around it but it really doesn't take that long to get in. The longest we have ever waited was about an hour and today it was only about 15 minutes.  There is one in Foley, AL and we go to Gulf Shores occasionally and always have to fit that in.  

Had two sales today but one wrote and asked to cancel. She didn't see where it said XS (not small) 4 times!

Message 4 of 110
latest reply

Counting pics it said XS 6 times.  Rolling my eyes....

Message 5 of 110
latest reply

Oh man, that sounds like a great place, Delta!  Would love to go there and eat that good country food!

sheesh, Debbie, yeah. I would never have a receipt for that. Did she already buy it or is she just looking?

Message 6 of 110
latest reply

Hi Beth and Delta,

She was just looking.  I just thought it was strange lol.  

Delta that restaurant sounds amazing.  My boys would love it especially the throwing of the rolls Smiley LOL

I didn't get any new listing up today but I did find items that I thought were listed and made sure I listed those.  I also relisted every item that had ended.  Tomorrow I will work on doing some new listings.

Debbie

Debbie
Message 7 of 110
latest reply

Hi there! Hope everyone is doing well.
I have to say... Ebay is bit like a relationship. Its like a rollercoaster.
You never know what day is gonna be good or bad. How is everyone's sales?
because mines are different everyday.
Is it my store? are my prices too high? i don't know.. help!
Message 8 of 110
latest reply

Hi redfam!

Hi elbanc!  I know, mine have been a rollercoaster too.  Usually this time of year is steadier for me, but I've been doing this long enough to know that there's really no way to predict!  I'll have a good month when that's usually a down month, etc.....what I do is just keep listing.  It all seems to even out eventually!  😄

I think the best way to decide whether your pricing is too high is to run a sale on some items. If they fly off the shelves, then that's an indication.  

Off to work! 

Message 9 of 110
latest reply

Anyone listing this weekend?

Message 10 of 110
latest reply

Ronda, please check in when you can....hope you're ok in the storm.   Beth

Message 11 of 110
latest reply

Hi Beth, I'm fine! We havent' had a drop of rain yet.  We are about 5 hours from the coast. Thank you for checking on me! I've just been concentrating on listing, now for the sales to come!

Message 12 of 110
latest reply

I should post and complain more often. I had a little sale right after posting!

Message 13 of 110
latest reply

So glad to hear that!!    Heck, my friends in Virginia are already starting to feel a little rain from it....looks like it's streaming up the east coast.  

Gonna do some listing today too!  

Gosh, I'm so relieved to hear from you, sweetie.....hugs!!  

Message 14 of 110
latest reply

Haha, love that you had a griper's sale 😄

Message 15 of 110
latest reply