cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone use Ebay’s Global Shipping Program?

The title is the question.

Anyone use Global Shipping? Has it worked for you?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Does anyone use Ebay’s Global Shipping Program?

I have used it with some sucess, depending on the items I am selling. It helps when you ship to countries that have questionable postal systems. Before using the program, I would have items dissapear when they entered other country's postal system (especially Italy, Russia and Brazil). Using the GSP, your item has to only reach Erlanger, Kentucky; so as a seller, you are protected. The downside is that overseas customer complain about the extra cost involved, especially for small and low value items. My customers in Australia and Great Britain hate it so I direct ship to them.

My advice is to use it for items that are higher value or that will not fit in an envelope.

Every sitiuation is different

Good luck.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I use it on all my listings.  I've never had a problem with it.  If it wasn't for the GSP, I wouldn't ship internationally.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thanks, everyone!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

use it on all my listings, no problems thus far.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hi!

As a buyer (in Canada) I hate it and sadly because the rates are so outrageous I seldom buy from US sellesr that use it due to the extra fees that are tacked on for buyers.  I used to love shopping on ebay but the past few years sledom buy here now. I miss the "good old days" 🙂

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Me too! A quarter of business used to be International, and I could ship in a flat rate for $15.

I stopped selling and came back after 5 years and now it costs $25!!!

I was hoping the GSP would help, not be even more expensive!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Yes, I've sold tons of stuff internationally using the global shipping program. The best part, you ship to ebay's warehouse, then its out of your hands, and you're not liable if the item is lost, stolen, or damaged during shipping. Ebay also handles the issue of deciding what to charge the buyer for shipping. You charge the domestic rate (shipping to ebay), then ebay itself handles the rest.

The whole reason ebay started the global shipping program was because too many sellers were getting burned by lost packages, and people were refusing to ship outside the U.S because of all the complications involved.

For instance, before the global shipping program came around, I once sold a digital effects processor to a buyer in Ireland. I had to fill out a million customs forms to do so.

But with the global shipping program, you don't handle any of the customs forms or anything.

Twice I had items get lost during shipping using the global shipping program. Both times Ebay ate the loss. The 2nd time it happened they tried to take the funds from me, but I reminded them I was not liable, and the item was insured by ebay. I ended up getting the funds back.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I ship direct to customers and insure via Shipsurance rather than using GSP. Shipsurance covers packages to most countries and they pay out quickly.  Custom forms can be printed via paypal very easily. 

I see a lot of buyers complaining about the cost of GSP on the Shipping & Returns board. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Agreed, I’m already down in International sales because the postage is so high. I was hoping the GPS might have negotiated better rates, not be more expensive.

I LOVE Shipsurance!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I LOVE Shipsurance too!! 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I've been using it since they rolled it out. So far *knock on wood* ...I have never had an issue.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply