cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants to return item because it can't be accepted to Mexico?

I'm not sure what to do here. Anybody have any experiences like this? I haven't responded at all yet to the request.

The sweatshirt was delivered on October 1st, and they're just now wanting to return because it's "dirty." They included a picture of one of the cuffs flipped inside out, apparently showing it's dirty. I know it wasn't dirty, I wore it once inside.

Any suggestions?

Thank you everybody.

(Sorry if the pictures are blurry, I don't know how to avoid that)

IMG_20211016_144613.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-16-14-29-57-096_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mr.dozzle 

Since they filed an INAD, you have 2 choices.

1) Refund and let them keep it.

2) Accept the return and send them a return shipping label to return it.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Would report the buyer just looks like an awful illegitimate return.

Person should be thankful you are even willing to send to Mexico considering how awful their postal service is.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

That's also what I don't understand, the buyers address is in Texas and it was delivered there October 1st. Sorry, I should have been more thorough. 

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

It would be a pretty good idea for ALL SELLERS as well as all buyers to read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers.

If that buyer opens an item not as described case, it doesn't matter if it was brand new when you shipped it, you will be sending him a prepaid return label and refunding in total when you receive it back, even if it is not in the condition in which it was sent.  

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

If they are opening returns wrongfully there's a chance if you report them within the return time frame eBay could take action to the account voiding the return.

If it only went to Texas initially and not Mexico not a big deal as return shipping is cheap enough considering the return label issued will only have to be from TX back to you.

Like anyone wouldn't just wash the jacket anyway.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

@mr.dozzle 

Since they filed an INAD, you have 2 choices.

1) Refund and let them keep it.

2) Accept the return and send them a return shipping label to return it.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

What does "it can't be accepted to Mexico" mean, exactly? 

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

That's what I'm wondering. Did you look at the screenshots I posted? The person wrote "Hello, the product cannot be sent to Mexico because the jacket is dirty and they detect it as in bad condition."

Im kind of lost.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Accept the return. Report the buyer for abusing the MBG.

Once the item is returned from Texas.... refund.

No matter what the "buyer" says... Return for refund.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@mr.dozzle This is an item not as described case so you have no choices here. Buyer will win because of that. Doesn't matter what they wrote or whether or not the cuff was dirty, none of that matters. This platform offers a MBG so you will lose this case. Your best option is to accept the return and if they send you back the same shirt than you can clean it up and resell it to make up for some of your losses. 

Just familiarize yourself with the MBG policy and you will understand that you have no choice in this matter. Here is the policy. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Thanks for your response. I accepted the return, we'll see if they send the same shirt back.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Thanks Ken. I accepted the return, let's see if they send back the same shirt.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@mr.dozzle wrote:

The sweatshirt was delivered on October 1st, and they're just now wanting to return because it's "dirty." They included a picture of one of the cuffs flipped inside out, apparently showing it's dirty. I know it wasn't dirty, I wore it once inside.

I have an unsolicited bit of advice to offer for future listings. 

Since the buyer claimed it was dirty and you admit to having worn it "once inside" but neglect to say that you washed the sweatshirt before selling it, I'm concluding that you didn't wash it. (You would have stated that it was laundered before selling had you done so.) 

You may not have noticed soil.

Any preowned clothing item should be clean and laundered before selling it! 

This is the used clothing policy: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/used-clothing-policy?id=4281&st=3&pos...

What is the policy?

• Used clothing must be properly cleaned and include a statement that the item has been properly cleaned
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

For the record, I looked at the listing and the only sweatshirt is the MK one. The pictures in the listing clearly show an unwashed shirt with wrinkles on the arms and ring-around-the-collar! I also see soiling at the bottom of the sleeves on the cuffs. 

That shirt may have been worn indoors but it doesn't look like it was worn only once and is dirty. It shouldn't have been sold in that condition. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 15 of 28
latest reply