cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication for Dsquared2 dress

Anyone here a connoisseur of DSquared2 clothing? I have a dress that I'm considering selling and I'd like to first get a quick opinion from someone knowledgeable. Then I'd like to find out if there's a recommended authentication service besides the eBay ship-in, and what would be a recommended selling price for the item. I can post photos or send them via PM. Please, knowledgeable people only. Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Authentication for Dsquared2 dress

I've sold from that brand before.  It's not really high end quality,  just over priced.  

You can post a picture and more people will reply.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@ione_alm wrote:

Please, knowledgeable people only. 

???? Seriously?????

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

OP, I agree that asking for “knowledgeable people only” does come off condescendingly to so many who are volunteering their time to get nothing in return BUT, I do get what you mean. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable on certain categories of fashion but I have made mistakes so I understand trying to discourage 

“guessers” (and there are a lot of them out there). I hate the idea of “voting” for authenticity-either it is or it isn’t and if we don’t at least THINK we really know, perhaps we shouldn’t post as even when we do KNOW, some of us have erred,

BUT

There’s gotta be a better way to phrase it so it doesn’t come off so entitled.

JMO

And, sorry, but I know nothing about the brand other than it exists so I’m useless here.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Also:

1. Private PMs are discouraged although a responder might request it. This is a public board and no one can tell you anything until you post pictures

2. I know of no authentication service to recommend as the item is not considered luxury. No clue if it’s even counterfeited but you can search the brand and “replica” on your search engine to find out. 

The services that most of us recommend for future use since you did ask are suthenticate4u (check out their site to see the labels they authenticate), Etinceler for Chanel and Castira for Gucci. 

3. Discussion of pricing is discouraged here but someone may give an opinion after you post pictures. You’re better off IMO doing your own research to see what similar items are actually selling for so search your brand, refine for specifics (dress, used, etc.) and click SOLD on the left side.  You can then sort high to low or vice versa to see results and compare against your piece.

This gives you a realistic ballpark of value for what items like yours are actually selling for as anyone can ASK anything but that’s no indication of actual value.

Hope this helps and welcome to the boards!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply