cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenications

I am so paranoid about selling Coach Bags, I have a Coach bag thats legit but would like some backing from Ebay. Creed Number is H2B-9992. It is a Red Drawstring backpack. I am not someone that just lists items without verifications and compare these closely with other examples I can view. I had a Beekman Bag taken down once and asked for a reason and they said someone reported it. Found out after an hour it was a local seller that did it but for no valid reason. The creed was even on several exact bags selling on Ebay. Anyone want to help??

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Authenications

@skel2586 wrote:

Yep I saw the brown bag with the creed and the font looks different, so does the stitching. The creed is fairly faded so I am including the best pic I can. See what you think and appreciate the help. I dont want to put anything out there thats not legit not my way of doing things and am glad people are out there that want to help.IMG_20180110_005712.jpgIMG_20180110_005616.jpgIMG_20180110_005735.jpgIMG_20180110_005652.jpgIMG_20180110_005914.jpg

Normally, we like to see the whole bag, stuffed and standing up straight but it's not necessary.

Your red drawstring bag is fake and can't be sold. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

You will need to post close, clear pics here: Creed Patch, hardware, entire bag, lining, etc.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@skel2586 wrote:

I am so paranoid about selling Coach Bags, I have a Coach bag thats legit but would like some backing from Ebay. Creed Number is H2B-9992. It is a Red Drawstring backpack. I am not someone that just lists items without verifications and compare these closely with other examples I can view. I had a Beekman Bag taken down once and asked for a reason and they said someone reported it. Found out after an hour it was a local seller that did it but for no valid reason. The creed was even on several exact bags selling on Ebay. Anyone want to help??

@skel2586 

I think it's very important that you post pictures of your red bag because if you've copied the serial number correctly, I'm concerned. You say that it's "legit," but how do you know?

I strongly suggest you post pictures BEFORE listing any highly faked brands. 

I actually found a cached listing for your Beekman bag and if the attached picture is the creed photo (found on that cached listing) is the bag you're talking about, that listing was correctly removed for a VERY valid reason. It's counterfeit.

albertabrightalberta

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

BTW, before you pay for a professional authentication, you should make sure you aren't throwing good money after bad. Get the free authentication opinion here and then if advised, you can pay a pro.

And just because the same serial number is on other bags doesn't mean all are authentic, all are fake or if there's a mix. It's not only the serial number that determines authenticity; it's the creed font, creed text, construction of the bag, hardware, etc. ALL details have to be correct for the year and factory that the bag would have been made.
albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@skel2586 wrote:

Id be worried about the year and the plant code, theres a chance that combination might not be valid. Theres no way Id give any kind of OK based on just the serial number.

Albertas absolutely right about the Beekman too, that serial number stamping in the photo shows the "Beekman" is fake.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

BTW, I just checked my photo files. I have photos of a brown style 9992 backpack with an H2B-9992 serial number. Its a proven fake. Stitching and hardware details are wrong. So is the font used in the serial number, its not right for the plant and year in the production codes.

Anyone who thinks a little experience selling Coach qualifies them to do their own authenticating is sooner or later going to find themselves in very serious trouble with their customers AND with Ebay.

Id like to see the OPs creed patch and serial number, the rings holding the top handle, a full pic of the inside pocket, and the back of the brass turnlock plate, the part under the flap that the prongs are folded over.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Yep I saw the brown bag with the creed and the font looks different, so does the stitching. The creed is fairly faded so I am including the best pic I can. See what you think and appreciate the help. I dont want to put anything out there thats not legit not my way of doing things and am glad people are out there that want to help.IMG_20180110_005712.jpgIMG_20180110_005616.jpgIMG_20180110_005735.jpgIMG_20180110_005652.jpgIMG_20180110_005914.jpg

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@skel2586 wrote:

Normally, we like to see the whole bag, stuffed and standing up straight but it's not necessary.

Your red drawstring bag is fake and can't be sold. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Yup. The creeds and serials on both the OPs bag and the fake one in my files are identical even though the stamping is so poor that its hard to compare unless someone has a lot lot of experience looking at those details. At least one other detail is also exactly the same and is solid proof of a fake.

There are other fakes of the same style, one of which I just spotted yesterday in current Ebay listings, that use other serial numbers but almost all of them seem to have at least one or two other always-fake details that look the same. So far Ive found fakes with these numbers but Im sure there are others:

H2B-9992, C2D-9992, H5B-9992, B9D-9992, and J8Y-9992 (the J8Y- prefix is also Always Fake), and those are just the tip of the iceberg. The Handle Backpack is a highly-faked style and should ALWAYS be authenticated here or at the other Purseforum before buying or selling one.

Heres the fake that I found in my files, and there are 4 or 5 others at least, I just dont have time to look for them.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

And here's a picture of a fake H5B-9992 creed: 

albertabrightalberta

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Yup, thats the one I spotted yesterday, I saved a few photos and remember the sparkly green nail polish. It might already have been removed. And theres a fake J8Y- prefix fake listed too by a "non=profit".

And so far they ALL have invalid year codes too. That style was only made over a specific 2-year period AFAIK and none of the fake serials I listed fit within that time period.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@fashionclubgurl wrote:

Yup, thats the one I spotted yesterday, I saved a few photos and remember the sparkly green nail polish. It might already have been removed. And theres a fake J8Y- prefix fake listed too by a "non=profit".

I knew you'd probably seen it. You can't find that listing now, though.  Smiley Wink 

albertabrightalberta

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I want to thank you for letting me know. This is on its way to the dumpster, I do have another red bag that was listed but just ended, but do not want to list without your opinion.  It is a NYC Bag and the creed has three digits and last four digits. I know they made bags back then that did not match a style number. IMG_20171210_232011 (1).jpgIMG_20171210_231718 (1).jpgIMG_20171210_231847 (1).jpgIMG_20171210_231806 (1).jpgIMG_20171210_231731 (1).jpgIMG_20171210_231741 (1).jpgIMG_20171210_232131 (1).jpg

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

That red bag is authentic. FCG will probably need the measurements to ID it.
albertabrightalberta

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I thank you again! What is FCG?

Message 15 of 16
latest reply