cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP Second Quarter!

large.jpeg

Woot!  Here we are with a chance to make a fresh start....brush the cobwebs off your old listings and your old mindsets and let's go!  We're a group of eBay sellers who enjoy talking about our great finds, good sales, and life in general.  We welcome newbies and lurkers, and promise we don't bite!

THIS IS THE SECOND QUARTER THREAD AS WE'VE ALREADY GOTTEN TO 700 ON THE ORIGINAL THREAD!  GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!

Here are our best ideas, culled from years of selling experience:

1) LIST IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS - Try some regular auctions, auctions with Buy it Now, Fixed Price, and Fixed Price with Best Offer---try some with free shipping too. Not only will you get a better idea what works for YOU, but you'll offer buyers a variety of buying options.

2) OPTIMIZE YOUR LISTINGS – By using the free Terapeak Keyword app (find it in the Applications tab), practice how to take better photos, change the keywords on your listing titles regularly, change the opening blurb in your store header every now and then, and experiment with price changes UP as well as DOWN! Run Sales on a regular basis with the Markdown Manager and also learn how to set up Promotions on your Store listings for better visibility.

3) DON'T LET YOUR UNSOLD LISTINGS LAY AROUND - Check your My eBay page and click on Unsold...get those relisted ASAP! You've already done all the work, so be sure they're available to buyers. More listings = more bait in the water = more bites. 😄

4) OPEN A STORE - If you are wondering whether you are better off with a BASIC store or a PREMIUM store, figure that if you have over 250 store items, Premium is a better buy....under 250, Basic is....this is at least a rule of thumb to get you started. Stores used to be great places to put items and keep them available year round, but with the fee changes, maybe not so much - sit down and figure it all out.

However, there are at least four really good reasons to have a store.... 1) listing fees are less if you have a store, 2) your items can be separated into categories making it much easier for buyers to shop, 3) you can run Promotions and Markdown Manager sales. They are two different ways to generate sales!, and 4) you can put your store in vacation mode when you need to get away for a bit.

5) DEAL WITH BIDDERS, BUYERS, AND ANNOYING INQUISITIVE POTENTIAL BIDDERS IN A PATIENT AND FRIENDLY WAY - Remember that it's worth money in your pocket and it's good business sense to show respect to all. If you must, write up that snarky reply, laugh at it, then hit delete.

6) KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! This thread is all about MAKING MONEY, that's for sure, but we feel that being supportive of our Lister Sisters and Brothers helps ALL of us. Drop in and hang out! Venting is allowed, but take it easy on the drama, negative vibes and controversial, off-topic issues such as politics and religion.

Message 1 of 416
latest reply
415 REPLIES 415

Re: 2017 GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP Second Quarter!

Mom, "plop" is a thing we used to do for years, where if you had the post that landed on the 100th, 200th, 300th, whatever, you said Plop.  🙂

Message 301 of 416
latest reply

I gained 3 pounds!   Good lordy! But I'm still not back into the 200's. It will come off in a day or so, it doesn't take long to get the recently added back on, it's just getting it lower that takes forever. 

Message 302 of 416
latest reply

Haha, well that's sure a good illustration of why you can only have a splurge night every so often instead of every night, right?  😄  I'd gain 2 lbs a day eating that great fried chicken dinner too!

Message 303 of 416
latest reply

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/investigators/thrift-shop-bargain-hunters-find-rare-nasa-flight-su...
Always place a HAPPY price on your items. You never know, one of your buyers may be HAPPY to buy it from you.
Message 304 of 416
latest reply

Thanks for this tip on the TI Calculators, I never thought about re-selling those!
Message 305 of 416
latest reply

Those are the stores where I have the best luck finding Eileen Fisher or St John. Nobody wants to dig through all that stuff that's not in order. I only attempt when I have at least 4 or 5 hours though otherwise I turn around and leave too!
Message 306 of 416
latest reply

Wow!  Wish I'd found that NASA thing!!

Haha, yeah, you're right about that, Angela….there are a lot more treasures in there, but I just don't have the time (or the patience, to be honest!).  What I'm hoping is that not having things at least mostly in the right size slot will cause their sales to drop way off, then they'll get the message.  Our GWs used to be pretty good about it, though.

Just shipped 4 packages, and I LIKE THAT! 😄

HUGS

Message 307 of 416
latest reply

Bsbk,
Is that thrift store far from you? It's in Florida. I concur, I would have been happy to have found one let alone five of them.😂
Always place a HAPPY price on your items. You never know, one of your buyers may be HAPPY to buy it from you.
Message 308 of 416
latest reply

No, that's not near me, but I'd imagine up there in central, especially east-central Florida, there's a lot of NASA memorabilia from retired employees.  That's a big employer there on what they call the Space Coast!

Message 309 of 416
latest reply

Really enjoying the steady sales this week!   Thanks, eBay! 😄

I did a lot of reorganizing, checking the Mobile Friendly thing, changing up keywords, and it seems to have kick-started me again.  Recommend it if you're feeling the dog days slump.

Beth

Message 310 of 416
latest reply

I found this post under the asterisks over on pursues about the Saks store in Aberdeen, Md. Sounds very, very tense, so it does not seem that the tone has changed? Like I said before. "I will take my $2 finds all day long and now I don't have to worry about nobody now, but myself." When I was up there this person would be angry if you have something yo somebody and not them. I am shocked about people getting to the counter and not being able to talk. Wth? But a "bargain" is subjective to some and $56 or $199 could be considered a deal. Shawn sold me $1 pottery barn rugs that were new. Is that a deal, too?

sorry for bumping this old thread but i wanted to add my experience for anyone interested in visiting. after years of wanting to go, i finally made the trip yesterday. it seems that the lotto system has slightly changed over the years. numbered tickets are distributed between 9:50-10 am. the store is only open from 10-3 on tues-fri. numbers are random, so arriving first really doesn't mean anything. anyone who arrives after the numbers have been distributed has to wait till everyone else's numbers are called. low number vs high doesn't mean anything. my DH and i were the first ones to arrive (way too early based on old info) and received #s 57 and 58- DH was the 2nd number called, but mine wasn't randomly called till probably halfway through. the crowd was "light" compared to usual (according to a reseller), and there were probably about 35 people lined up at opening. the resellers know not to waste time and get there early, so they arrive just about at 9:50. most of the crowd were indeed resellers who go everyday- the staff know them by name. there are 2 cases (1 for nicer shoes and bags and 1 for sunglasses and jewelry) inside where you have to give your name and line up again. each shopper is called individually and has 5 minutes to shop the case. no talking, hand or eye gestures allowed. you have to purchase those items on the spot, no holds. it's definitely an overwhelming experience. you just grab what you like and then sort when you have a second. keep your items close to you because people will start looking through your pile. there are no shopping carts or baskets. shoes: tons of manolos, jimmy choo, some ferragamo, tods, older valentinos, giuseppe zanotti, aquazarra, saint laurent, balmain for men, etc. most of the shoes were worn or damaged. for example, they had tons of [url=http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/Jimmy-Choo-Veto-Studded-Suede-City-Sandal/prod129280102/p.prod?ecid=B... choo veto sandals[/url] for only $56, but all of them were missing some studs, and most had worn soles too. any shoes with ankle straps were missing them, strappy sandals were usually broken, etc. prices are so tempting though! gucci seemed to be the most coveted amongst the resellers. in the case, there were some satin and crystal manolos, pair of valentino rockstud platform pumps and jelly thong sandals, and a couple pairs of CLs. by the time it was my turn, the only CLs left was a size 38, slightly damaged, and priced at 299. bags: didn't see anything extraordinary. there was a leather longchamp for less than $40. clothes: the racks are organized by color- not size or designer, so you have to dig. again, most items were damaged. i bought an alexander mcqueen jacquard dress for $120. the only thing wrong with it seems to be a makeup stain along the neckline. this [url=https://www.lyst.com/clothing/alaia-vienne-bib-dress-white/]alaia dress[/url] had a torn neckline but was priced at $199. saw a black herve leger dress for $199 as well. there were also a few racks of evening gowns. men's: the casual clothing section was terrible. there were a lot of suits though. the 'good' shoes were snapped up by resellers. let me know if you have any specific questions! i'd suggest making a trip if you don't mind digging for a good bargain and if you have a good seamstress or shoe cobbler to fix things.

Message 311 of 416
latest reply

My mom said she wouldn't make it either...being quiet at the jewelry/shoe case for five minutes while you are being waited on. Lol
Message 312 of 416
latest reply

Oh man, there's no way I would go there!  Who needs more tension in their life? Not me!  😄

Message 313 of 416
latest reply

Good morning!  beautiful here and I have a 3 day weekend off from work, so YAY.  Had 3 sales overnight and I LIKE THAT!   Today will be more eBay organizing and a trip to Costco for the usual goodies.

Have a nice day!  B

Message 314 of 416
latest reply

Hi all!

Just popping in before bed to say hi!  I've been sick lately, but I did it to myself. To sum it up, here's a

Note to self (that I'm sure Beth you can appreciate):

Physicians know more than you do, take your meds AS PRESCRIBED.

Will pop in tomorrow! 

Message 315 of 416
latest reply