cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP Second Quarter!

large.jpeg

Woot!  Here we are with a chance to make a fresh start....brush the cobwebs off your old listings and your old mindsets and let's go!  We're a group of eBay sellers who enjoy talking about our great finds, good sales, and life in general.  We welcome newbies and lurkers, and promise we don't bite!

THIS IS THE SECOND QUARTER THREAD AS WE'VE ALREADY GOTTEN TO 700 ON THE ORIGINAL THREAD!  GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!

Here are our best ideas, culled from years of selling experience:

1) LIST IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS - Try some regular auctions, auctions with Buy it Now, Fixed Price, and Fixed Price with Best Offer---try some with free shipping too. Not only will you get a better idea what works for YOU, but you'll offer buyers a variety of buying options.

2) OPTIMIZE YOUR LISTINGS – By using the free Terapeak Keyword app (find it in the Applications tab), practice how to take better photos, change the keywords on your listing titles regularly, change the opening blurb in your store header every now and then, and experiment with price changes UP as well as DOWN! Run Sales on a regular basis with the Markdown Manager and also learn how to set up Promotions on your Store listings for better visibility.

3) DON'T LET YOUR UNSOLD LISTINGS LAY AROUND - Check your My eBay page and click on Unsold...get those relisted ASAP! You've already done all the work, so be sure they're available to buyers. More listings = more bait in the water = more bites. 😄

4) OPEN A STORE - If you are wondering whether you are better off with a BASIC store or a PREMIUM store, figure that if you have over 250 store items, Premium is a better buy....under 250, Basic is....this is at least a rule of thumb to get you started. Stores used to be great places to put items and keep them available year round, but with the fee changes, maybe not so much - sit down and figure it all out.

However, there are at least four really good reasons to have a store.... 1) listing fees are less if you have a store, 2) your items can be separated into categories making it much easier for buyers to shop, 3) you can run Promotions and Markdown Manager sales. They are two different ways to generate sales!, and 4) you can put your store in vacation mode when you need to get away for a bit.

5) DEAL WITH BIDDERS, BUYERS, AND ANNOYING INQUISITIVE POTENTIAL BIDDERS IN A PATIENT AND FRIENDLY WAY - Remember that it's worth money in your pocket and it's good business sense to show respect to all. If you must, write up that snarky reply, laugh at it, then hit delete.

6) KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! This thread is all about MAKING MONEY, that's for sure, but we feel that being supportive of our Lister Sisters and Brothers helps ALL of us. Drop in and hang out! Venting is allowed, but take it easy on the drama, negative vibes and controversial, off-topic issues such as politics and religion.

Message 1 of 416
latest reply
415 REPLIES 415

Re: 2017 GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP Second Quarter!

Haha, yay!! 😄

Message 256 of 416
latest reply

Wow a 50 degree change in temperature is amazing to an Easterner like me!  Sounds like you've got fun things planned---gotta love that!  I'm a little bit in the weeds because my boss left town the day before we got back.  He's taken his RV and won't be back until around mid-November, leaves me a lot more responsibility, a lot more work hours, and a lot less shopping/listing time.  But he's a good guy and I don't begrudge it.    Hope to get some listings done this weekend, but right now I feel like I'm drowning in relists!  🙂

Message 257 of 416
latest reply

Just popped in (ha almost wrote pooped in) to revive the thread and get a rub off that magic dust. Sales are awful and I'm been listing my fingers to the bone!  Seriously I worked 12 hours yesterday and the day before. I'm out of inventory so when I ran out I retook pics using my new manni and tweaked the titles.  Found a lot of dropped inventory too.

How's everyone's weekend?

Message 258 of 416
latest reply

Hi y'all from up at the Grands! 😄

They have a brand new house and it is GORGEOUS!!! It has granite everywhere and everyone has their own bedroom, which is such a blessing. 

Victoria, those pictures of the Painted Desert are amazing! So you are getting the eclipse too! I'm planning to drive about an hour NE to get into the path of totality. I'm going to aim for the least populated backroad I can find in an attempt to minimise the traffic! 

Up here in Iowa over the weekend was the Iowa 141 Yard Sale! At one point on Saturday, according to the app Yard Sale Treasure Map, there were 318 yard sales within a 20 mile radius!!! 😮

Of course we hit a bunch of them, I had to be very selective tho. The baggage restrictions coming up on United were draconian. I had to 'consolidate' my tiny crossbody purse into my under the seat bag. Only 1 bag per person and they counted the 6x6x1 inch crossbody! Geesh! 😛

Going back on Delta, I actually get to use the overhead! However, I do not want to check a bag because I'm leaving the flight in ATL, not flying on to CHA. (Saves me 3 hours!)

One twin has a bone issue and got put on crutches Friday. She needs an MRI so the Drs can decide how to proceed. Prayers please. 

Message 259 of 416
latest reply

Forgot to mention... sales have been AWFUL... I had 10 day handling (due to vaca) and have only sold 4 since Thursday. Listed the second Robomow last night and already have a bid! 

This morning I switched to 5 days... and am running a MM sale, so things should improve. 

Message 260 of 416
latest reply

Thank you Bsbk and Delta,

My dad says that it is not a big deal as to what I find because I can get to the ts in the morning when others have go to work. He has a dry sense of humor.

Df mother went to Central America to see her family. I have enjoyed wated the videos on FB.

My sister is having a fit with a medical resident. She says that he is rude and does not follow orders. She said that he should have never graduated medical school. He made a nurse practioner cry by telling her, "That was the stupidest question that I ever heard." The hospital is scared if they fire him he will sue because he did graduate from medical school, but they know when he starts practicing on his own one of his patients will fire him.

DF has a new niece. The mother is the same ethicnity as me and has a BA degree. She has traveled to East Asian countries.

Been on my own, my parents went to see my sister and her family. Being on my own reminds me of my undergraduate days. Sis and her family will visit her mil in africa at the end of the year. Her body is ailing and she is 62.

Last week, I found

585/14k necklace
10k amethyst ring
925 freshwater necklace
925 trumpet earrings
Two 925 rings
Sterling Italy necklace
925 ball bracelet
Gold plated costume watch

I read a story last week on FB that a lady volunteered at a church rummage sale in WV and she was given everything that did not sell which was 16 pieces of St John. Wow!

My mom has told me to go back to my resale haunts because I am keeping everything that I find at the gwo. I will continue to go to the gwo, but I do need to sell some stuff too.

May be getting a full-time job at the same company. I would not have take a full-time position in the past, but since I am down to a handful of point and could use moving expense money...

Hope everyone has a great day!

Always place a HAPPY price on your items. You never know, one of your buyers may be HAPPY to buy it from you.
Message 261 of 416
latest reply

So happy i listened to mommy. I found a H tie for a little over $3. It's for resale.
Always place a HAPPY price on your items. You never know, one of your buyers may be HAPPY to buy it from you.
Message 262 of 416
latest reply

Not sure if I can post this here so moderators please remove if not appropriate, but they are talking about this on fb and are very upset. Yet, like someone mentioned other companies do this like Sears/craftsman or Costco/Kirkland. Just thought it was an interesting read.
http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-secret-private-brands-2017-8
Message 263 of 416
latest reply

Hi friends!  Love seeing you here!

Delta, so glad to hear you're already working with your new manni!  I took a bunch of pictures today.  I've been off my pace since before vacation and SAID I was going to hit the ground running, but uhhhhhh……well, didn't.  

I was off today so I did some shopping---judiciously.  I decided to check out the places I've either not been in ages or the ones I have never checked out, and was actually sort of happy to find that I was already on the right track there.  There are a # of shops in town that do the "trick" of always have a 1/2 off sale after they've priced their items too high to buy even at 50% off.  Blah--those don't interest me.  The odd thing is that they don't even have great merchandise!  Anyway, made some happy finds today without them 😄

Hi Olive!  I'd be so put off by that # of yard sales.  I don't like crowds at a yard sale--it makes me want to move along!  I did the same thing in PA--shopped selectively, but STILL ended up paying over $30 in postage for one biggish box.  That goes right on the top of buying stuff…I need to remember NO SHOPPING when FLYING and save my shopping for years we drive the minivan up.

Need to get a sale going as well.

Hi 2good!  Man, that resident needs to get OUT of there.  What kind of specialty is he thinking of going into with that lousy attitude?  Sounds like a lot of good excitement going on in your close and extended families.    Man, I really wonder what kind of great jewelry karma you have 🙂  Wish I had it too!

Chuckling at your mom saying you're keeping everything you find in the GWO.  Your mom sounds like a really nice, down to earth person.  WOW on that tie!!

Off to read your AZ article.

OK, I have pictures taken and am going to sit myself right here and list list LIST!  Hope someone's joining me---I sure miss all the listing company I used to find here.

Anyway, I need to get my rear in gear and crank up the sales, so c'mon, eBay, help me a good old-time boost and let's work together here!  THANKS!!  Most appreciated!!

Message 264 of 416
latest reply

2 things to look for

I always buy fragrances, even used ones

The last one sold for 50 and was purchased for $1

I am always on the lookout for TI calculators

I clean those up and sell them at the beginning of the new school year..nice profit

Message 265 of 416
latest reply

Really?  How do you know what to look for in fragrances, Pembroke?  You're talking about used bottles of cologne---mens too?  So interesting! I don't think I've seen them around here, but probably garage sales would have something like that.  And gosh I never thought about TI calculators---I suppose you mean the ones with a lot of functions for higher math?

Isn't it amazing how we all have at least a titch of difference in what we know about and look for?

B

Message 266 of 416
latest reply

No Avon

only the better brands

Our thrifts keeps those under the counter, because people play around with fragraces.

You have to ask..,if I come, in the have a collection to show me.

The TI Calculator are the scientific ones..one year I made over 1000 dollar with the calculators I collected.

I am on good terms with with the sales staff, it helps

I gave them a GC for the chinese restaurant in the mall, the don't make much money and it was appriciated.

About savers, it was mentioned , the new pricing is by condition...not brand

Message 267 of 416
latest reply

Good morning, had a sale overnight and I LIKE THAT!  Thanks, eBay 😄

I'm going to start snooping around for perfume---I know I saw something on this board yrs back about Love's Baby Soft.  Boy, did that take me back!  Between that and Yardley cosmetics, I felt like I was in 7th grade again.

Yesterday I was in our local Salvation Army, which is generally a nice store, but the new manager has clothes separated by type, then COLOR!  Ridiculous.   So if you want a black t-shirt in size XL, you have to go through all of the black SS shirts to find not only a t-shirt, but a black one in XL.  In what store do you walk in and all the red dresses are on the same rack, not divided by size??

Oh well, their loss as I turned right around and left.

Happy Thursday!

Message 268 of 416
latest reply

Bsbk,

Yes, people have to be careful what they do in any profession. The neighbor who called me a witch his granddaughter got fired from a hospital in Florida because she gave a patient medicine and she is just a CNA/gna. nobody authorized her to give a patient medicine. When I was interning a couple of my students asked me for a sanitary napkin, but I never gave them any medicine for cramps. My sister said the other doctors told her to document everything and put it on his evaluation because they all see the handwriting on the wall and a patient will sue him once he completes his residency.

My parents and nephew came back home last night. They had all their grandchildren with them. My sister was on-call the entire time and there was a patient bleeding around 2 am in the morning and nobody could stop it so she got the page and went in to stop it. My father said that a lot of the other doctors consult her and they been practicing longer than she has in the speciality. He is proud of her. He said when he came back from the family reunion everyone wants to meet her. 

We see that my city is planning to pay for Associates degrees to graduating high school students. My sister said she is planning to only pay for four year colleges and room and board. College is so expensive. You have to plan ahead. Our parents always stressed they wanted us to have the full college experience. So glad I listened to her. One of my classmates who is also a college basketball coach is my friend on Facebook. She inspires me.

Yes, God has allowed me to find wonderful things for cheap. When I last saw that  African woman from Saks who stuck up for that military woman and had a zillion questions for me she was showing me a white Jimmy Choo bag with a visible, long pen mark on the outside of the bag. The price tag was $300, she just wanted her money back. Dang! I will happily take my $2 finds all day long. I can see from their ebay accounts a lot of changes have been going on up there, too. Lol.

Message 269 of 416
latest reply

Sister said that you never fail medical school because they would not accept you unless you were going to complete it. The only reason you don't complete medical school is if you are dead or financial reasons, but even financial reasons are rare because if you get federal aid you could get a doctor to sponsor you. She said he did apologize for making the NP cry, but she explained sometimes a "sorry " just does not cut it. He should have never made the comment intially.
Message 270 of 416
latest reply