cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 my listings of Yeezy Boost 350 was removed. What's wrong?

Hello everybody. Today morning  I was confused to see a message from eBay that my listings was removed. I have two pairs of Yeezy Boost which I've got as a gift few years ago. Now I decided to sell them because I don't need them. Hundreds of the same listings are active here... Somebody help me to understand please. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@fladednb1991 wrote:

Hello everybody. Today morning  I was confused to see a message from eBay that my listings was removed. I have two pairs of Yeezy Boost which I've got as a gift few years ago. Now I decided to sell them because I don't need them. Hundreds of the same listings are active here... Somebody help me to understand please. Thank you. 

What's wrong? Oh, let's count the ways:-

You are a newly registered eBay seller (31 FB), located in Moldova (between Romania & Ukraine). Eastern Europe is a well-known source in the counterfeit trade.

You say you were gifted two pairs of one of the latest & most faked celebrity-designed sneakers from 2015 (MSRP on release about $220, resale up to $1,500).

If they are fake, any sneaker buyer expert in that brand/style could have recognized & reported it. If you described them as replicas (or similar wording), anyone could have reported it as a listing violation.

You'll need to post better close-up details of the soles, insole (logos) & stitching for experts more familiar with Adidas to examine (not my specialty).  However, from the photos you've posted, they don't look like $220 Adidas quality to me.

So, 1st question: Where/how did your generous gift giver acquire them?

2.) Do you know whether or not they are authentic and, if not, did you try to verify the authenticity before listing, as required by eBay rules?

3.) Are you aware that selling trademark infringing counterfeit/replica/fake goods is illegal & not allowed on eBay?

4.) What was the reason given for their removal in the eBay notice you received?

Unfortunately, these types of sneakers are highly prized by a subculture of enthusiastic replica ("repsneaker") buyers who proudly refer to themselves as "repheads" with their own forums. They even instruct the counterfeiters on how to make better fakes! Ironically, they also have contempt for those who try to sell replicas as real (because that's "lying").

To get up to speed on the scope of the problem, this LA Times article covers it all (including videos):

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-repsneakers-20170905-htmlstory.html

"Replicating the highly coveted and commercially successful Adidas Yeezy has become so sophisticated that even some of the most astute fans can’t tell the difference between a well-made fake and the real deal."

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@fladednb1991 wrote:

What's wrong? Oh, let's count the ways:-

You are a newly registered eBay seller (31 FB), located in Moldova (between Romania & Ukraine). Eastern Europe is a well-known source in the counterfeit trade.

You say you were gifted two pairs of one of the latest & most faked celebrity-designed sneakers from 2015 (MSRP on release about $220, resale up to $1,500).

If they are fake, any sneaker buyer expert in that brand/style could have recognized & reported it. If you described them as replicas (or similar wording), anyone could have reported it as a listing violation.

You'll need to post better close-up details of the soles, insole (logos) & stitching for experts more familiar with Adidas to examine (not my specialty).  However, from the photos you've posted, they don't look like $220 Adidas quality to me.

So, 1st question: Where/how did your generous gift giver acquire them?

2.) Do you know whether or not they are authentic and, if not, did you try to verify the authenticity before listing, as required by eBay rules?

3.) Are you aware that selling trademark infringing counterfeit/replica/fake goods is illegal & not allowed on eBay?

4.) What was the reason given for their removal in the eBay notice you received?

Unfortunately, these types of sneakers are highly prized by a subculture of enthusiastic replica ("repsneaker") buyers who proudly refer to themselves as "repheads" with their own forums. They even instruct the counterfeiters on how to make better fakes! Ironically, they also have contempt for those who try to sell replicas as real (because that's "lying").

To get up to speed on the scope of the problem, this LA Times article covers it all (including videos):

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-repsneakers-20170905-htmlstory.html

"Replicating the highly coveted and commercially successful Adidas Yeezy has become so sophisticated that even some of the most astute fans can’t tell the difference between a well-made fake and the real deal."

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Great and informative post.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@fladednb1991 wrote:

I actually found a cached copy of your listing and while you describe them as authentic, there's wording in the text that raises red flags (at least to me). 

• what you see is what you get. 
  • I’ve got them as a not so much wanted gift.
  • Selling with no box because I didn't plan to sell so I had no reason to keep extra boxes in my house.
  • ***I have a second pair of Yeezy Oxford Tan the same size (look my listings)

And it's the last thing above that shocks me! I DID look at your listings.

So many seasoned sellers complain about limitations and restrictions. Yet although you've been a member for 6 years, you only started selling within the last couple of months, and just about all your items are highly faked and some well faked brands. 

If any of those items, Moncler, Burberry, Ferragamo, Canada Goose, Adidas, Gucci, etc. were gifts, I think you'd better verify authenticity! 

As a rule of thumb, I usually recommend that for any item you didn't personally purchase directly from a legitimate and authorized retailer of the brand and unless you are expert enough to authenticate, you should have it authenticated BEFORE listing just to be sure that you're listings are legally compliant.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I’m from 2012 on eBay since I lived in US few months ,but started to sell just in February 2018. 

1) My friend got them from UK. 

1. Before listing I watched a lot of videos on youtube like a “how to spot fake moonrock/oxford tan Yeezys” and my description as “authentic” was based on this. I hate any replicas and fakes, so better I’ll buy used authentic or brand new no-name shoes if I want to save money

1. It’s not allowed anywhere and I agree and support it. For example - this situation. 

4.  Reason was “Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item”.

Thank you for the answer. It’s really helpful for me. I didn’t try to lie or do something wrong advisedly. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for your answer. Please don’t worry about my previous and active listings: I haven’t questions about them and people who bought them don’t have questions too. 

The question was about Yeezy and I’ve got a helpful answer.

”You will get what you see” is a right description for used items by my opinion.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Ah, that's odd — it says "Member since 2-28-2018" on the OP's ID dropdown here, but "May 23, 2012" on his eBay account page — where he actually states:

"Very competitive pricing. Authentic items only. I am new to eBay (as a Seller) but I am doing everything to exceed all the customers expectations."

With big claims like that, he definitely needs to have the proof to back it up on every brand name item he lists. Not all duped buyers who complain can be silenced with an instant refund. It will only take one or two to call foul & file a case for him to lose his account privileges.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@fladednb1991 wrote:

Thank you for your answer. Please don’t worry about my previous and active listings: I haven’t questions about them and people who bought them don’t have questions too.  

I don't know your other "sold" items well enough to authenticate them but I do know they're highly faked brands and I am VERY well aware that many buyers don't know the extent of the counterfeit industry, they don't know they got fakes and as such, are "happy" with their purchases. 

In fact, if you read the boards here and elsewhere, you'll find many posts from people who bought items years ago, used them and it was only after trying to resell that they found out they'd bought a fake. And after years, there's no recourse against the seller who sold them. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@fladednb1991 wrote:

I’m from 2012 on eBay since I lived in US few months ,but started to sell just in February 2018. 

1) My friend got them from UK. 

1. Before listing I watched a lot of videos on youtube like a “how to spot fake moonrock/oxford tan Yeezys” and my description as “authentic” was based on this. I hate any replicas and fakes, so better I’ll buy used authentic or brand new no-name shoes if I want to save money 
  1. It’s not allowed anywhere and I agree and support it. For example - this situation. 

4.  Reason was “Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item”.

Thank you for the answer. It’s really helpful for me. I didn’t try to lie or do something wrong advisedly. 

Sorry, but when you don't know the true source of any branded item you want to sell (like the sneakers your "friend got from the UK"), you cannot sell them without having a recognized expert authenticate them first.

Just watching a few "How To" videos by people who may not even know what they're talking about can be very misleading. You have to be absolutely certain, with proof (for your own protection) — you cannot assume or guess! 

Used brand name items still have to be authenticated too. There are a lot of used counterfeits in circulation. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@genemaat wrote:

"Ah, that's odd — it says "Member since 2-28-2018" on the OP's ID dropdown here, but "May 23, 2012" on his eBay account page" — where he actually states:

"Very competitive pricing. Authentic items only. I am new to eBay (as a Seller) but I am doing everything to exceed all the customers expectations."

With big claims like that, he definitely needs to have the proof to back it up on every brand name item he lists. Not all duped buyers who complain can be silenced with an instant refund. It will only take one or two to call foul & file a case for him to lose his account privileges.

The first date is the first time the OP posted on the boards. The second date is when the OP registered on Ebay.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

@genemaat wrote:

"Ah, that's odd — it says "Member since 2-28-2018" on the OP's ID dropdown here, but "May 23, 2012" on his eBay account page"  

The first date is the first time the OP posted on the boards. The second date is when the OP registered on Ebay.

Since the OP has not posted on the boards at all before today (April 22),  the mystery was actually cleared up by what he said above re his account time frame & location (1st in US 2012, then selling from Moldova, Feb 2018):

"I’m from 2012 on eBay since I lived in US few months ,but started to sell just in February 2018.

I actually missed that before as we cross-posted.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply